...Hope I can actually get USE
out of this....

IMG_9265.JPG

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Well...
3 drops on a piece of Hot Dog Roll...
Nice Flavor..... count to three .....WHAM !
Went straight for cold milk ... burning lips for about 8 minutes...
after fifteen , decided I needed to rinse my dentures...

Pasta night :
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce is planned ...
My sauce usually is about 28 - 30 ounces when done...
I'll add 1/2 tsp. and see how that works ...

Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
LT III is off to Glendale next week !

As you may recall, Larry works the security detail at Eagles and Phillies games… a few weeks ago, he applied to work security for the NFL at the Super Bowl, and was accepted !

Because the NFL is actually renting State Farm Stadium from the owners, they bring in their own crews… didn’t know that …

Larry has been an avid Chiefs fan since the Joe Montana years, which drove him to apply for this gig. He hopes he doesn’t get an on-field assignment, or worse, a parking lot assignment, as either way, he won’t be able to see any of the action…

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, congrats to him. Very lucky.
Shocked he's a Chiefs fan even when they are playing your Eagles. But good for him.
I'm also a Chiefs fan since I spent a good bit of time in KC when I was working and was at that stadium multiple times.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, congrats to him. Very lucky.
Shocked he's a Chiefs fan even when they are playing your Eagles. But good for him.
I'm also a Chiefs fan since I spent a good bit of time in KC when I was working and was at that stadium multiple times.
He posted shortly after the two teams were in ;

Steve McKinley
One team pays you walking around money or is that mortgage money and the other one is your favorite. Oh, who to cheer for in two weeks! 13 days to make that decision!

Larry Trimmer III
Steve McKinley uh.... Chiefs all day every day...

Reactions: Doc

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

Shermie

Site Supporter
Glad; I'm happy to have a new fridge!!!

Rant; It's smaller than the one that I had before it!!!! Couldn't get all of the food back into it!! Had to throw some of it away! Next time, I'll just BUY one that' slightly larger!! Free is not really for free!! :( :( :poop:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Related to the story above about Los Mariachis.
Not once have I ever had a bad dining experience there.
The food has been superb, the staff attentive, I've tipped well, been there at least 6 times over the course of the last 4 years.
However, when the owner is screwing his own employees out of their wages in such a fashion, I won't be going back.
The community are shocked over this.
I don't go to Wauseon that often, but next time if we fancy Mexican food in that area, I'm choosing a place called Azteca.

Johnny West

While I was in Chicago the new neighbors but up this shed beside the house where I do my BBQing. It may block wind and channel smoke to their back yard. I‘m looking forward to smoking a butt to see where the smoke goes. They have a teenage daughter and Saturday night she had a party with the effing boom boom bass going full blast but wife said she turned it off at 2230.

IMG_5962.jpeg

LastManStanding

While I was in Chicago the new neighbors but up this shed beside the house where I do my BBQing. It may block wind and channel smoke to their back yard. I‘m looking forward to smoking a butt to see where the smoke goes. They have a teenage daughter and Saturday night she had a party with the effing boom boom bass going full blast but wife said she turned it off at 2230.

View attachment 59651
Or there could be a BBQ or smoking coincidentally during a party with loud music there.

LastManStanding

Oh no no I didn't mean to light up the shed, I meant some firecrackers go off at midnight waking up everyone. That won't harm anyone except they will jump out of the bed, run around, and go back to sleep 😅.

LastManStanding

Firecrackers can be bought anywhere here. Very popular for two things: to celebrate anything, and to scare away wild animals from cultivations. A third use is there in upcountry funerals. Firecrackers are lighted on the way to cemetery from home in rural areas. Even in cities at least one firecracker is put at funerals.
We used to make big firecrackers that sound like bombs using gunpowder from several smaller ones. It was for new year fun.
Lived 30 years in war, maybe force of habit 😅🤣.

Johnny West

Firecrackers can be bought anywhere here. Very popular for two things: to celebrate anything, and to scare away wild animals from cultivations. A third use is there in upcountry funerals. Firecrackers are lighted on the way to cemetery from home in rural areas. Even in cities at least one firecracker is put at funerals.
We used to make big firecrackers that sound like bombs using gunpowder from several smaller ones. It was for new year fun.
Lived 30 years in war, maybe force of habit 😅🤣.
I used to pull the wick on a M-100, fill it the rest of the way up with black powder, then glue the wick back in. They made a heck of an explosion. I can’t find M-80’s or 100’s anymore.

LastManStanding

I used to pull the wick on a M-100, fill it the rest of the way up with black powder, then glue the wick back in. They made a heck of an explosion. I can’t find M-80’s or 100’s anymore.
We did a bit differently. Empty several crackers, and make a cracker with long strips of cardboard folded into a

LastManStanding

Continued. Got a call while typing,😅

We did a bit differently. Empty several crackers, and make a cracker with long strips of cardboard wrapped into a triangle.
Sri Lanka had several community uprisings too. During the 1989 uprising, school students were attracted to riots too. At some schools, students would tie the wick of a box of firecrackers to an incense stick or a mosquito coil, light the coil and place it at some corner and go away. After several minutes the whole thing starts going off, but no one to be responsible.

Johnny West

Continued. Got a call while typing,😅

We did a bit differently. Empty several crackers, and make a cracker with long strips of cardboard wrapped into a triangle.
Sri Lanka had several community uprisings too. During the 1989 uprising, school students were attracted to riots too. At some schools, students would tie the wick of a box of firecrackers to an incense stick or a mosquito coil, light the coil and place it at some corner and go away. After several minutes the whole thing starts going off, but no one to be responsible.
In Germany my kids were buying firecrackers the equipment of 1/4 sticks of dynamite. They do things different there.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Small rave: I bought a few pieces of "penny" candy on vacation. Here's a pic of the once-beloved Bazooka Joe bubble gum. No longer soft and delicious (well, it was probably stale - it knocked off one of my molar caps), new crummy wrapping, but same terrible cartoon inside. Flavor wasn't as good and lasted about 5 minutes. Didn't even blow a bubble.

Lee

IMG_20230729_105817.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Small rave: I bought a few pieces of "penny" candy on vacation. Here's a pic of the once-beloved Bazooka Joe bubble gum. No longer soft and delicious (well, it was probably stale - it knocked off one of my molar caps), new crummy wrapping, but same terrible cartoon inside. Flavor wasn't as good and lasted about 5 minutes. Didn't even blow a bubble.

Lee

View attachment 59766
The outer wrapper looks different from what I remember.
Didn't the gum used to be more of a square shape and light pink?
Lee I've pulled the filling and caps off my back molars before eating Starburst fruit chews, and the super crunchy pork rinds lol