NCT email Change

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Some of the NCT emails were going to folks spam folder and even after being marked safe or good they still went to spam.

Not sure if this will help the spam issue but I changed the email address NCT email will be sent from.
It is now:
no_reply@netcookingtalk.com

Hope this helps ...and hope it prevents users from replying to PM's via email since those go to la la land.

If you notice any issues with getting email notifications as expected please PM me or better yet post here. More than likely more than one will have a similar issue.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Doc!

Can you send out a test message?

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Replying here should send you a notice. Let me know if you get it.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just checked and I did not get a notice of your reply to this thread. Not good.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Email test works fine. Not sure if we have an issue or not. Input appreciated.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Weird. I have the email working. You guys are saying you've not gotten any notices today but yesterday and before you did get notices, right? Please check spam folders.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, I've always gotten email notices to thread replies, except for the time you told me to forward the ones that were going to spam in order to correct that.
I just got this one, for example lol
I misunderstood what you were getting at. 🤦‍♀️🙃

20221003_183702.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I haven't gotten anything. If you've emailed me before, I don't remember it.

I have been checking Spam and Trash folders all day.

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm getting the notices, but I had to check my preferences. I'll see if I can view yours Lee in the admin panel.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I updated your preferences Lee. Now if you get to many notices and do not want them let me know and I can turn them off. It should now notify you of new posts in threads you are active in and new PM's. And important notices that I have never sent outl. But in case I do you'll get it. :D