What are you eating > Sunday 8/14/2022 to Saturday 8/20/2022?

Johnny West

I grilled brats; pretzel bun, kraut, and German potato salad.

E4873685-2372-4900-81F9-AEEA3969AA57.jpeg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This time I made it on the stovetop and I think I like it better.
Just blistered the tomatoes slightly in olive oil, then added the cheese, stirring until it melts, then the pasta.
Very creamy.
View attachment 52066
That looks so good. More like creamy mac and cheese. Is this recipe posted somewhere? I have a recipe, but it doesn't look this good.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That looks so good. More like creamy mac and cheese. Is this recipe posted somewhere? I have a recipe, but it doesn't look this good.
It's the same one we've made before.
This time I made it on the stove.
If you stir it longer on the stovetop the cheese breaks down well with the juices from the tomatoes.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I just made 3 small tortilla wraps with chive and onion Philly and sliced bell peppers.
That will be my overnight lunch tomorrow, along with an apple and celery sticks, while I'm doing a night on our covid unit.
Yeah I know I said I was done with the night gig.
Turns out I'm not.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD picked up a bread from our ShopRite in Mansfield, and it was like rubbery . We like the bread with the seeds like the one you posted here above..... I'll tell Tina about the Lyndhurst S/Rite.
Lyndhurst is hit or miss. Wallington ALWAYS have them. They also have “everything” Italian bread along with the sesame seed loaves.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I feel like I have a cold coming on or really bad allergy attack.

I made chicken stock. So I may make some soup and rice. I am putting a chuck roast in the instant pot for pot roast. Not sure if I feel like chopping veggies, so soup may be for lunch/dinner today, or I may finish making the soup tomorrow. DD and hub will have pot roast tonight. Not sure which I will have yet.