What are you doing today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ā˜•
Gold Site Supporter
I went grocery shopping today at Chief supermarket like I normally do.
Anyway, in front of me was a woman who was using a WIC card.
She swiped it twice, then a third time, but for some reason it was coming back as declined.
The cashier said " those cards have been doing that- we can't figure it out."
Well figure it out I say if those cards have been doing that!

There the woman stood, red faced, full of embarrassment.
I looked at the cash register for her total, took some cash out of my purse and handed it to the cashier.
At first the woman wasn't going to allow me to pay for her groceries but I told her to consider it my good deed of the day.
She was waiting for me in her car in the parking lot and said you know you didn't have to do that, but thank you.
I told her it's what I do, then proceeded to ask her how many kids she had, etc..
A 6 and an 8 year old.
Job?
Yes, housekeeping at a hotel.
I told her to come to where I work and apply as a nurses aide or in laundry or housekeeping for more than she's making now.
Hopefully she does.
šŸ˜Šā¤

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The weather is beautiful, so I'm thinking about going out and washing my car in the driveway. The angel on my shoulder is saying...Wash the car. It needs it. The devil on my other shoulder is saying...Nah, drive it through the car wash tomorrow.

LastManStanding

I went grocery shopping today at Chief supermarket like I normally do.
Anyway, in front of me was a woman who was using a WIC card.
She swiped it twice, then a third time, but for some reason it was coming back as declined.
The cashier said " those cards have been doing that- we can't figure it out."
Well figure it out I say if those cards have been doing that!

There the woman stood, red faced, full of embarrassment.
I looked at the cash register for her total, took some cash out of my purse and handed it to the cashier.
At first the woman wasn't going to allow me to pay for her groceries but I told her to consider it my good deed of the day.
She was waiting for me in her car in the parking lot and said you know you didn't have to do that, but thank you.
I told her it's what I do, then proceeded to ask her how many kids she had, etc..
A 6 and an 8 year old.
Job?
Yes, housekeeping at a hotel.
I told her to come to where I work and apply as a nurses aide or in laundry or housekeeping for more than she's making now.
Hopefully she does.
šŸ˜Šā¤
That's so very nice.

LastManStanding

The weather is beautiful, so I'm thinking about going out and washing my car in the driveway. The angel on my shoulder is saying...Wash the car. It needs it. The devil on my other shoulder is saying...Nah, drive it through the car wash tomorrow.
I would agree with the devil.
I would go for a nice walk instead, if the weather is beautiful.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I would agree with the devil.
That's exactly what happened. I actually like the drive-thru car wash better because I don't have to use a bunch of towels to dry and clean windows. Their spot free rinse and big blowers work wonderfully.

I did a grocery pickup this morning. Somebody must have screwed up. I got two large broccoli crowns for $.21 and two medium yellow squash for $.24 :thumbup: .

Johnny West

I went out and picked up broken fir branches from the wind storm, then started cutting off the old fern fronds. I got about a third done, will go out and do a few more in a bit, and save the rest for tomorrow. My yard waste bin is full so will have to take yard bags to the compost center this weekend.

Johnny West

I got the ferns finished and hauled to compost factory - there is still a lot of blowdown fir branches to pick up but the yard waste bin is full and will wait till next week to finish. I have all my kit laid out to go fishing tomorrow but havenā€™t heard back from my friend. I guess itā€™s still a go.

LastManStanding

Building a new website for a friend. Waiting for photos. I can take photos here but they won't fit a US website because the people here are brown šŸ˜… The site will need black or white people mainly. Also the cities and buildings here aren't very much like those in the US, at least as I've seen in movies šŸ˜….

Johnny West

I got the ferns finished and hauled to compost factory - there is still a lot of blowdown fir branches to pick up but the yard waste bin is full and will wait till next week to finish. I have all my kit laid out to go fishing tomorrow but havenā€™t heard back from my friend. I guess itā€™s still a go.
Ready for the fiddleheadsā€¦

D82F8DF4-DF24-4D5D-AE30-72C9FF1053B9.jpeg

Johnny West

Iā€™m up, packed, and ready to head to my friendā€˜s house, then oft to the Kalama River to fish for steelhead and spring salmon.

LastManStanding

I went to the doctor too. Actually I went there the day before, and yesterday to get the scan done. But the heavy traffic didn't let me go there in time, so I'm going again this afternoon. And then seeing the doctor again with scan results. He said no need to pay if I visit him within a week.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I went to the doctor too. Actually I went there the day before, and yesterday to get the scan done. But the heavy traffic didn't let me go there in time, so I'm going again this afternoon. And then seeing the doctor again with scan results. He said no need to pay if I visit him within a week.

Hope you're okay, Last!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ā˜•
Gold Site Supporter
Wasn't scheduled to work today, but since the new position - had to go in for a few hours, which is okay with me.
Without going against our privacy (HIPAA), I'll just say one of my forever favourite gentleman made the move to a hospice center.
Then I got stuck there (hey, as long as you're here!) for admission stuff.
Never did get to my much needed housework or laundry.
I'll do it tomorrow.