What are you doing today?

Johnny West

Is Seattle a crazy busy city? Like Chicago?
It is a much smaller sale due to the city is so much smaller. The murder rate is much smaller, as well, but crime is high. Homeless, their camps, and garbage is horrible, drugs rampant, and the city leaders are clueless and don’t care. You know the story.

Traffic is horrid. We drove to south Seattle today and followed Waze directions and it wasn’t a bad drive, but then we did it all during a non rush hour time.

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Homeless, their camps, and garbage is horrible, drugs rampant, and the city leaders are clueless and don’t care. You know the story.
I didn't see any of that. We were on a cruise, so we did the touristy things by the terminal. My husband and I absolutely loved Pike Market. I loved the tram too. If I recall correctly, the aquarium there is great too.

Ironman

🍺
Here I sit, sad and blue
Waiting on sprinkler guy
Who may be another
No-show too
Sounds like it’s time to fire somebody…! I was working at a house and the owner was talking about getting a new sprinkler system installed. He said the wait was a year out!

Johnny said:
Homeless, their camps, and garbage is horrible, drugs rampant

I live a few miles outside of a city of 60,000. They decided to let the homeless folks crash at the park. Where children play… are ya ******* kidding me? Have them set up camp in the police parking lot for cripes sake! I guess I’m just not conditioned to live in town 🤷‍♂️

Cooksie

Site Supporter
He said the wait was a year out!
They sure are busy. If I fire them, I'll never get it done. I don't want a whole sprinkler system. I just want one little valve replaced. I think they do the big jobs first and save the piddley jobs like mine for later.

Johnny West

I didn't see any of that. We were on a cruise, so we did the touristy things by the terminal. My husband and I absolutely loved Pike Market. I loved the tram too. If I recall correctly, the aquarium there is great too.
Things have gotten worse the past few years… politics which I won’t say anymore. I love Pike Place Market and especially DiLaurentes Italian grocer. It’s not the same since since the Spanish Table closed down. World Spice mails out so we just order direct from them. I’ve never been to the aquarium and probably never will.

Johnny West

In the October issue of Martha Stewart’s Living Magazine there was an article about Gordon‘s Farm in the Skagit Valley. They specialize in heirloom pumpkins and squashes. I got two Hubbard squash, two white acorn, two delicata, and two I forget what they are. We also got a bouquet of tulips, and some yellow finn potatoes. They were sold out of pie pumpkins and said to use squash, but then that’s what I do.

C35367F1-2DC0-41D4-BEC2-F0080BBBB65A.jpeg
48DD6E79-183F-4480-92B8-D9760A685308.jpeg
6D8E84E5-C747-4D39-ADA8-A15366940F7A.jpeg
4250D0FB-5431-4F53-A5BB-202F9CCEFA9B.jpeg
B51F8FCD-7C68-4529-9129-E3AE6B00BB9B.jpeg

Johnny West

Fixed, and I am so happy. It turned out not to be a leaky valve but a coupling that had pulled apart. That means a lower bill for me :mrgreen:.
I called our sprinkler guy today to blow out our system for the winter. His mailbox was full. I’ll call everyday till I get trough.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I just laid around not doing much.
I'm saving my energy for the weekend for when I work in the covid unit at work.
I've been told it's bad.
But I'm game, just like last time.

Johnny West

We ran errands, recycling, and did yard work. I’m not done with yard work but have all winter to get the back done.

it’s not supposed to rain so am going skeet shooting tomorrow.

Ironman

🍺
Today I went to the grocery store. I was walking up and down each isle and there was this robot thing I passed, just creeping along. I was told it takes inventory o_O just kinda weird.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Today I went to the grocery store. I was walking up and down each isle and there was this robot thing I passed, just creeping along. I was told it takes inventory o_O just kinda weird.

Wow, if that were true about taking inventory, that would be huge in retail!

My Stop & Shop has had "Marty" for 2 years. He is supposed to alert workers of spills and debris in the aisles.

Lee

robot.jpg

Johnny West

I’m going skeet shooting with a friend. He is bringing another guy along I’ve not met before but, hopefully knows what he’s doing. He is a trapshooter. It’s supposed to rain for over a week straight so this will be the last chance to get to the range for awhile.

Ironman

🍺
Wow, if that were true about taking inventory, that would be huge in retail!

My Stop & Shop has had "Marty" for 2 years. He is supposed to alert workers of spills and debris in the aisles.

Lee

View attachment 45781
Yep, takes inventory.

234314EF-BE32-4437-ACD1-60BF8A483956.jpeg

Johnny West

I called our sprinkler guy today to blow out our system for the winter. His mailbox was full. I’ll call everyday till I get trough.
I got ahold of the sprinkler guy and he said he already had us on his list to do. He had been working on a leaky sprinkler system for a week. He does the whole city of Puyallup’s sprinklers so he is busy.

Yesterday I went wobble skeet shooting with my friend Jeff. Here is what a skeet range looks like and my best shotgun….

1463302A-08FD-44FC-9045-E7562260A9AD.jpeg
F254E0F4-9B87-4A69-B2E4-C92242E8EE66.jpeg
A8D37EC6-14EB-4BC6-B1CD-92B767956E36.jpeg
FA8AD34F-BD6D-4CDE-B7D6-D376C0F73120.jpeg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have an older Deebot robot vacuum, maybe 4 yrs old. It started going back to the base after about 15-20 minutes. I tried everything, but nothing worked. I finally ordered a $27 battery, installed it yesterday afternoon, let it charge overnight, and ran it today after I came home from my ton of errands. Now it's running for 60 mins+. :clap:

Johnny West

I had a bad night, woke up at 0100 and was up till 4. I finally got some sleep till almost 0900.

I did do all the laundry while I was up.

we bagged a drive to Yakima. I wanted to go over Chinook Pass one more time before it closes but now looks like that won’t happen. I’ll go to the commissary in a bit and see what they have for holiday specials. In looking for a good ham that is not spiral cut.

Ironman

🍺
Get done work, go to town and walk a mile or more and cook a recipe Sass posted. Parmesan garlic cabbage. I learned today when you are trying to eat healthy and exercise it’s not a good idea to plan a walking route behind your favorite Mexican place.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Sitting on a jury for a criminal case, my second time doing so. I love it!

Lee
Yeah, that can be very interesting. I was chosen for a federal case. It was a carjacking across state lines type thing. One of the kids involved was an ex-student of mine. I don't really like jury duty, but I'll do it.
They never pick me. Hmmmm.
They defense always picks me, thinking an ex-school teacher will be easy on a young person.

Johnny West

Yeah, that can be very interesting. I was chosen for a federal case. It was a carjacking across state lines type thing. One of the kids involved was an ex-student of mine. I don't really like jury duty, but I'll do it.

They defense always picks me, thinking an ex-school teacher will be easy on a young person.
I can’t believe they would pick you.

Today we took some house goods to value village. The guy taking the stuff was a student I had in the late 90’s. He was one of the worsts students I ever had and recognized him immediately and he had a mask on…

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, that can be very interesting. I was chosen for a federal case. It was a carjacking across state lines type thing. One of the kids involved was an ex-student of mine.
Cooksie, I'm amazed that they selected you as a juror! We were all asked if we knew or even heard of any of the participants and witnesses in the case. If so, people in the jury pool were immediately excused, as they should be.

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I can’t believe they would pick you.
Cooksie, I'm amazed that they selected you as a juror! We were all asked if we knew or even heard of any of the participants and witnesses in the case. If so, people in the jury pool were immediately excused, as they should be.

Lee
I wasn't clear on that. I didn't recognize who she was until well into the trial. I immediately told the judge. He asked me if I could be fair and impartial, and I told him yes. He said ok, we'll carry on.