Peep's Odds and Ends

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Got these from Amazon

Non serrated steak knives (I got tired of sawing and fighting with my food)

knives.jpg

And a Spaetzle maker. I love Bavarian beans. Now I can make fresh Spaetzle.

spaetzle_maker.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I used the garlic slicer today.

Sliced a whole head/bulb of garlic paper thin in less than 5 minutes. I love it.
No more nipping my fingers, trying to slice by garlic hand.

sliced_garlic_073121_IMG_8346.jpg

Leifheit Comfortline Gourmet Garlic Slicer | Finely Cut and Slice Vegetables,white/red

I also really like the New OXO grinder. It has 5 easy, clear grind settings. Easy twist grind (the old one was a crank handle). The old OXO grinder had the grind setting on the bottom and wasn't too easy to get the right setting. I had to replace the old OXO grinder because the plastic door in front that you filled the corns into got pushed in. The new one loads from the bottom and the cap screws on. And this one holds a lot more corns, so it doesn't need filling as often.

The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a top that I can grind into. I don't like to grind over a hot, steamy pot. The old one had a cap on the bottom (it was a bottom grinder, the new one is mess-free top grinder) that I could grind into, then sprinkle or measure into a spoon. So I saved the cap from the old one and have the new one sitting on it.

Embryodad

We really never had a slicer like that. The last tool I bought, was a garlic press / slicer. The one you bought, is really nice.

One thing I never buy / use, is garlic in the jar. I only like fresh garlic. Tina and DD use the canned / jarred garlic.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I’m going to slice a bunch and freeze it with nothing added in snack bags. Just break a piece off and put the rest back in freezer.

I bought a rocker garlic press. I love it. With the arthritis I can’t squeeze the traditional garlic press anymore. I posted a picture of it above in this thread.

Embryodad

I’m going to slice a bunch and freeze it with nothing added in snack bags. Just break a piece off and put the rest back in freezer.

I bought a rocker garlic press. I love it. With the arthritis I can’t squeeze the traditional garlic press anymore. I posted a picture of it above in this thread.
I saw that. That looks like it's easy to clean.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I ordered myself a few things from Amazon. These came yesterday.
I really like OXO products.

OXO Good Grips Contoured Mess-Free Salt Grinder

oxo_salt_grinder.jpg

Sherpa Pink Himalayan Salt - 2 lb. Bag Coarse Grain - for Grinders and Salt Mills​

Himalayan_salt.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I got these for Christmas

DASH Safe Slice Mandoline for Vegetables, Meal Prep & More with Thickness Adjuster

dash-mandoline-12252022.jpg

OAKSWARE Steak Knives, Non Serrated Steak Knife Set of 4, 5 Inch German Steel Steak Knife Set, 4 Pieces Professional Straight Edge Kitchen Table Dinner Knives - Full Tang Ergonomic Handle

steak-knives-122022.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I got these for Christmas

DASH Safe Slice Mandoline for Vegetables, Meal Prep & More with Thickness Adjuster

View attachment 54984

OAKSWARE Steak Knives, Non Serrated Steak Knife Set of 4, 5 Inch German Steel Steak Knife Set, 4 Pieces Professional Straight Edge Kitchen Table Dinner Knives - Full Tang Ergonomic Handle

View attachment 54985
Used the knives tonight. I love them, and can sharpen them.

Johnny West

I bought these knives in 1980 at the Fitzsimmons Army Hospital PX.
I talked to a gal at Case and she said they were not collectable but
rare.

208A4930-8B6F-4EE4-ADC9-B950CA3FADB5.jpeg