What are you eating Sunday 4/17/2022 to Saturday 4/23/2022?

Ironman

🍺
Garlic, herb and wine marinated chicken breast on the grill with steamed cauliflower.

14C39BD2-1BCB-4D13-8A78-3DABEF848AF8.jpeg
3A563E86-C21A-4266-9BC8-6F85C3277F12.jpeg

Johnny West

I’m making a Caesar salad, asparagus, and grilling chicken thighs.
I made my ceasar salad dressing but chicken was out on hold as we have tuna salad to eat so it looks like salad and a sandwich. I did put a bottle of Chenin blanc in the icebox to pair.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
that C-salad looks nicely done! one of my favs - always the debate 'do you have any anchovies today' tho....

tonight is new experiment. DW has wished a copycat of Cracker Barrel chicken & dumplings....
ze' chickan I poached...
IMG_2257.JPG

ze' chickan of the obligatory shred . . .
IMG_2259.JPG

and ze' dumplinks awaiting zer fate . . .
IMG_2258.JPG

forks to follow . . .

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This was dinner the other night - I forgot to post. I had leftover BlueSeal kielbasa, Johnny West's fried cabbage (I over-fried), and fresh corn from Whole Foods, which was actually pretty good for this time of year!

I made Dad a pan-seared swordfish steak and potato salad to go with his corn.

Lee

Kielbasa, cabbage, corn.JPG

Swordfish, potato salad,, corn.JPG

Johnny West

that C-salad looks nicely done! one of my favs - always the debate 'do you have any anchovies today' tho....

tonight is new experiment. DW has wished a copycat of Cracker Barrel chicken & dumplings....
ze' chickan I poached...
View attachment 49567

ze' chickan of the obligatory shred . . .
View attachment 49568

and ze' dumplinks awaiting zer fate . . .
View attachment 49569

forks to follow . . .
They didn’t have anchovies. I swear I‘ll have to start carrying my own when I go out.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
so it was decent - got et' no issues... now, as "we all know" . . . chicken stock can be a bit blandish...
for the next round, I'm thinking a leek and morels would jump the flavor.

the dumplings were far superior to Cracker Barrel fare. theirs I suspect is 'from a box' - flour,butter,salt,bakingpowder - much better,,,,
IMG_2262.JPG

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
so it was decent - got et' no issues... now, as "we all know" . . . chicken stock can be a bit blandish...
for the next round, I'm thinking a leek and morels would jump the flavor.

the dumplings were far superior to Cracker Barrel fare. theirs I suspect is 'from a box' - flour,butter,salt,bakingpowder - much better,,,,
View attachment 49579

Looks wonderful! I'd love some sliced carrots and some frozen peas in there - kinda like a pot pie. Leeks would be great!

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
"They didn’t have anchovies. I swear I‘ll have to start carrying my own when I go out."

chuckle not . . . once upon a time I went prepared with a tube of anchovy paste in my pocket.
asked about the fish in the salad - answer was "No, people don't like anchovy in the dish."
so I pulled out the paste, gave it to the server, and asked him to have the chef include it in the dressing.
this , , , did not work.
got a salad, no anchovies - and an unopened tube of anchovy paste . . .

Johnny West

"They didn’t have anchovies. I swear I‘ll have to start carrying my own when I go out."

chuckle not . . . once upon a time I went prepared with a tube of anchovy paste in my pocket.
asked about the fish in the salad - answer was "No, people don't like anchovy in the dish."
so I pulled out the paste, gave it to the server, and asked him to have the chef include it in the dressing.
this , , , did not work.
got a salad, no anchovies - and an unopened tube of anchovy paste . . .
I know they have their rules/laws but I applaud you. I’ve not done it yet. I will say Matt has the white anchovies upon request and I don’t care for them, but don’t complain. 👍

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
@Ironman - say.... there was a big flappola some time back about truffle oil being a flavor lab concoction vs 'the real thing' - have you used one/other/both and have you noticed any difference?

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I know they have their rules/laws but I applaud you. I’ve not done it yet. I will say Matt has the white anchovies upon request and I don’t care for them, but don’t complain. 👍

well, anchovies are the defining element / taste / flavor to a Caesar salad.
use of anchovy essentially defines the dish.
imho . . . never known to be in error . . . (do NOT consult my wife)