What's on the menu Sunday, 6/13/2021 to Saturday, 6/19/2021?

Ironman

🍺
Bacon and 4 egg pepper jack cheese omelette.

BE1EAD09-8935-4055-B135-133766F7FF12.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful weekend in the Beantown area so I broke out my smoker.

Smoked up some ABT's, some country-style spare ribs (half with Ah-So, half with bbq sauce) and a pickle-brined turkey breast (more on that in a separate thread).

I made a Caesar salad with the whole inner leaves of the Romaine, to eat with fingers. Loved it!

Lee

Ribs.JPG

Ribs and Caesar.JPG

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I want ALL of that! Please post recipes when you have a chance.

It all looks so interesting and delicious! What's the little clump on the left?

Lee
The garlic achaar. The other 3 dishes are all Madhur Jaffrey recipes, though I used Kashmiri chile powder instead of the paprika and cayenne called for in her book. It was fun making the poori. They blew up like little.balloons just like she said they would.

Rogan josh.

Saag aloo.

Poori. Easy to make. For 6, 3/8 cups each of AP and whole wheat flours, 1/2 tsp salt, about 1 Tbsp vege oil, and 1/4 to 3/8 cup water.

Mix flours and salt together. Drizzle in oil and work in with fingers until you have a breadcrumb looking mixture. Start with 1/4 cup water and mix until you have a fairly stiff dough. Knead on a lightly floured board 5-6 minutes, form a ball, place in s plastic bag and let rest for at least 30 minutes. Divide dough ball into 6 equal pieces, form small balls, flatten and roll out each ball into a 5 to 5-1/2 inch disk. Fill a pan with about 1-1/2 inches vege oil and heat until "very hot" (a direct quote, no temp given). One at a time, lay the disks into the oil and make short quick striking movements with a utensil (I used a metal spoon with holes). It should start blowing up like a balloon pretty much immediately. Turn over to cook the top side and continue to turn until light golden brown all over. Drain and eat while still hot.

Last edited: