Sauteed Mushrooms with Red Wine and Rosemary (ATK)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Absolutely delicious!

I've never sauteed mushrooms in a little water before and was skeptical, but this recipe is easy, rich-tasting, and wonderful!

I used a pound of sliced button mushrooms.

Lee

Sautéed Mushrooms with Red Wine and Rosemary

Adapted from ATK

INGREDIENTS

1 ¼ pounds mushrooms

¼ cup water

½ teaspoon vegetable oil

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

1 shallot, minced

1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary

¼ teaspoon table salt

¼ teaspoon pepper

¼ cup red wine

1 tablespoon cider vinegar

½ cup chicken broth

INSTRUCTIONS
Cooked mushrooms and water in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat, stirring occasionally, until skillet was almost dry and mushrooms begin to sizzle, 4 minutes. Reduced heat to medium-high. Added oil and tossed until mushrooms were evenly coated. Cooked, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms were well browned, 4 minutes longer. Reduced heat to medium.

Pushed mushrooms to sides of skillet, added butter to center, added shallot, rosemary, salt, and pepper to center and cooked, stirring constantly, until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Added wine and vinegar and stirred mixture into mushrooms. Cooked, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporated about 2 minutes. Added broth and cooked until glaze was reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Seasoned with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Steak.JPG

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Those look really good. They remind me of the copycat Steak & Ale mr's that I cooked long ago.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I don’t see that on my phone. I’ll have to look on my laptop.
I report posts by clicking “Report” at bottom of the post.
If I click on a known spammers post, or what appears to be, that tool is directly to the right of the username.
I only just saw it myself about 3 months into the forum going to the new software.