What are you eating Sunday, 10/11/2020 to Saturday, 10/17/2020?

Johnny West

I haven't had celery soup in decades, and I always loved it. 'Course, it was just good old Campbell's.

Do you have a recipe for it here, John?

Lee
She used a recipe but not sure what is was. She used, milk, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and bay leaf for seasoning and was a little thin. Some of the celery was blended, and some chopped. The soup had almost a curry flavor.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had baked potatoes for dinner, as we were both tired. Mine was a loaded. Craig had mexican with salsa, jalapenos, cheese and bacon.

Attachments

• 2020-10-14 19.52.24.jpg
    2020-10-14 19.52.24.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 69

Embryodad

Dinner was eye round roast, baked potatoes (butter & sour cream), spinach and burgundy pan gravy.

View attachment 38831
Looks great !!!..... I'm sure the taste is delicious.
I grew up in Eye Round roast; when mom could get one only if her or dad had a good paycheck.
I remember her spearing the roast, and pushing a few cloves of garlic into the slits.
We haven't had one in months. We get our meats at the Chester Butcher Shop, and a funny thing, was,
he said he doesn't deal with eye round roasts.????
He has no demand for them. Huh?

I have a meat slicer, and with sesame seeded buns, I just love Roy Rogers roast beef sandwiches.
Oh So Good!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Looks great !!!..... I'm sure the taste is delicious.
I grew up in Eye Round roast; when mom could get one only if her or dad had a good paycheck.
I remember her spearing the roast, and pushing a few cloves of garlic into the slits.
We haven't had one in months. We get our meats at the Chester Butcher Shop, and a funny thing, was,
he said he doesn't deal with eye round roasts.????
He has no demand for them. Huh?

I have a meat slicer, and with sesame seeded buns, I just love Roy Rogers roast beef sandwiches.
Oh So Good!
I got it from Parsippany ShopRite. I REALLY miss Fairway Market. Both have closed. I loved their Prime cut meats.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to make that meatloaf today lol
Just a basic recipe with egg, milk, bread crumbs, parsley. I'll top it with bbq sauce.
Probably mash and creamed spinach too.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Chili dogs tonight
I did a grocery run this morning.
Some time this week, I'm going to try butternut squash one more time. I bought some already cleaned, cubed, frozen squash. I don't think I cooked it right last time. I finally was able to find some cauliflower tots, so I'll be trying those for the first time.

Johnny West

Last night I ate two Weight Watcher turkey dinners and half her beef pot pie. She heated up a jar of Heinz turkey gravy, as well. It was all pretty good.... lots of beef in the pot pie, too.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Creole shrimp and orzo with red bell, corn, onions, garlic, scallions, and a lime juice based vinaigrette.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Food shopping day.
Early Brunch was small Italian hero (1/4 of a small long roll) and yogurt.
Tonight will be grilled American and Swiss (may add tomato and/or ham) on onion rye and tomato soup.
OR
Corned beef.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I had the meatloaf sandwich for lunch a while ago, now I'm not sure what to have for dinner.
I've got Stouffer's tuna casserole in the freezer along with other quick things.
My chicken, steak and pork chops are for next week. ?‍?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Breakfast/Brunch was early 9:30. I think I will have the last slice of roast beef and tiny amount of gravy for a snack/lunch. Dinner will be later around 5:30, so I will need a snack.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It's looking like dinner will be grilled American and Swiss on onion rye and maybe tomato soup.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had chicken and blue corn pozole, and I made a big pot so that will also be on menu for next week. It had a dried chile sauce on the side that you added to your liking, and boy was it spicy! No pic because my phone died right after I snapped and it didn't save, so next week. I was a bit disappointed that the dried blue corn kernels lost most of their color as they cooked, though you could still get the definite blue corn taste.