Boneless Pork Loin On The Big Green Egg

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
2 pound boneless pork loin.Moderately heavy salt & pepper a couple hours prior to placing on the grill. Grill temperature 325 degrees F. I used some wood chips for smoking. Cooking time was about an hour and a half. Pull when the meat temperature reaches 145 to 160 degrees. Wrap in foil and let rest in a cooler for 30 minutes. Eat!

It was delicious. :)

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh my gosh, Buzz - that looks so juicy! Beautiful!

Did you brine first?

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
I want to try that in my Stovetop Kettle Smoker!! I'm willing to bet that it'll come out looking & tasting just as good as ever!!!:weber::piesmiley1::eating2:

Attachments

• Stovetop Kettle Smoker.jpg
    Stovetop Kettle Smoker.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have plans on doing a pork loin in my new Nordic stove top smoker also. We have pork loin often. The secret to keeping it moist is cook to about 145 max and let it rest till it hits 160. I also like to use a wet smoke on them with apple juice and apple chips with the following rub.

Jack's Old South BBQ Rub
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sweet paprika ( I use hot)
1/4 cup kosher salt
3 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil

Combine all and mix well. Yields about 3/4 cup

I got this mix from JACK'S Peach BBQ Beans when he was a guest on Emeril's show a few years ago. I love the Peach BBQ Beans by the way also.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
You're getting your money's worth :clap: out of that Egg, looks great

another....rest in the cooler....must be something to that

Shermie

Site Supporter
I have plans on doing a pork loin in my new Nordic stove top smoker also. We have pork loin often. The secret to keeping it moist is cook to about 145 max and let it rest till it hits 160. I also like to use a wet smoke on them with apple juice and apple chips with the following rub.

Jack's Old South BBQ Rub
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sweet paprika ( I use hot)
1/4 cup kosher salt
3 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil

Combine all and mix well. Yields about 3/4 cup

I got this mix from JACK'S Peach BBQ Beans when he was a guest on Emeril's show a few years ago. I love the Peach BBQ Beans by the way also.

I pretty much have all that in MY dry rub! I always make a triple recipe to keep on hand. :piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

Shermie

Site Supporter
And I just got a pork loin today, so I'll be smoking it on Sunday in my Stovetop Kettle Smoker!!

Tomorrow evening, I will pole holes in it and put some garlic cloves in it, use some of the dry rub, and let it marinate in the fridge overnight. Then I'll smoke it on Sunday. :WitchBrewsSmiley: :weber:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's mine, from start to finish. Smoked in the Stovetop Kettle Smoker. :cooking:

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 165
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 166
  • 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 165

eeturk

Wow these look great!! For those of you with stovetop smokers, how do you like them? I can't have a BBQ or a smoker at my apartment but I sure wish I could! Always looking for alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shermie

Site Supporter
Wow these look great!! For those of you with stovetop smokers, how do you like them? I can't have a BBQ or a smoker at my apartment but I sure wish I could! Always looking for alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!! mI absolutely LOVE mine!! It produces a delicious mild odor of hickory or apple smoke that permeates the meat nicely!

But just because you don't have a outdoor BBQ grill or smoker, it doesn't mean that you can't enjoy delicious BBQ!

You can use the oven to slow cook the meat, as I've done and still do now & then. Also, getting some liquid smoke helps you obtain the smokey flavor in BBQ'd meats that you crave. :piesmiley1::eating2: :clap: