Cinnamon Roll Cake with cream cheese frosting

1 Boxed Yellow Cake Mix
4 eggs
¾ cup oil
1 cup sour cream
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon

Instructions:
1. Mix the first 4 ingredients together and pour into a 11 x 9 greased baking pan.
2. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over top of the batter and using a knife swirl the sugar mixture into the cake batter.
3. Bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Let cake cool 10 – 15 minutes before icing.

Cream Cheese Glaze

1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
4-5 tablespoons of milk

Instructions:
1. Beat ingredients together until smooth.
2. Pour over warm cake and serve.

Attachments

• SUMMER 334.jpg
    SUMMER 334.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 142
  • SUMMER 344.jpg
    SUMMER 344.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 141
  • SUMMER 339.jpg
    SUMMER 339.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 131

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds and looks delicious Dee!!!!!! :tiphat: THANKS!!!!!!! :D

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Its very quick and easy though! Enjoy

See, now this is why I love you and your recipes, Dee! Because I have the stuff and I can make it!

As exquisite as JoeV's cinnamon buns look, I'm terrified of yeast and won't even attempt them.

THIS I can do!

Copied and saved (as always). :clap:

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
P.S. Do you think if I added a little milk to a can of cream cheese frosting it would be about the same?

Just thinking about taking this to a friend's house for breakfast on the 4th, and I want EASY!!

Lee

Deelady

P.S. Do you think if I added a little milk to a can of cream cheese frosting it would be about the same?

Just thinking about taking this to a friend's house for breakfast on the 4th, and I want EASY!!

Lee

Glad you like Lee! and this time I used a leftove can of whipped cream cheese frosting I had from some cupcakes and just slightly softened it in the micrwave to make it easily spreadable. So how ever you want your frosting if any at all is perfectly fine! With out the frosting it looks like a traditional coffee cake :a1:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad you like Lee! and this time I used a leftove can of whipped cream cheese frosting I had from some cupcakes and just slightly softened it in the micrwave to make it easily spreadable. So how ever you want your frosting if any at all is perfectly fine! With out the frosting it looks like a traditional coffee cake :a1:

Oh GOOD, you thought of it and did it, too! I was afraid you were going to say, "For heaven's sakes, Lee, it's easy enough to make the glaze as it is!"

Cool!

Lee