What's for dinner, Thursday, 1-20-11?

buckytom

Grill Master
dw asked me to make my baked stuffed trout recipe again, so if one of us gets to the fish monger today, that's what we're having.

if not, it's because we went out to get the boy a black suit and me a new black jacket for a memorial service that we'll be attending on sunday. in that case, it'll be dinner out somewhere.

what are you cooking/eating today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thinking about doing fried chicken, mashed potatoes and something else.
If not that, then my vegetable soup recipe.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Toying with the idea of beef tips & veggies in red wine sauce over fettuccine noodles. I made 1# of the noodles last night when i was bored, and put them in the freezer.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL! Love your avatar, Joe!

Leftovers for me tonight.

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
By request - corn and bacon waffles (or pancakes) maybe eggs on the side.

K

Kimchee

Chicken breasts stuffed with broccoli, mushrooms and cheese, baked in a mushroom sauce, with mashed taters and salad.

K

Kimchee

Yeah we are big mushroom fans here too. If I see them on Close to Expiration markdown I buy them. Then figure out what to make, LOL!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My lunch was a simple egg salad sandwich (a hardboiled egg mashed with mayo, sea salt and ground peppercorns) on seeded rye bread.

012011_egg_salad.jpg

Beef or shrimp Lo Mein. I have stir-fry veggies, etc. If I can't find Udon noodles, I'll use spaghetti -- & maybe turn it into a beef or shrimp noodle bowl.

FooD

I've got the afternoon off, the weather is nice, so I might pick up a thing of tri-tip roast for the grill.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The Chik N House wins for dinner.
This place just opened here in town.
It's the same location of the old KFC and is privately owned.
Those I've spoken with who have eaten there say it's just like KFC.. hmmm.. we'll see.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The Chik N House wins for dinner.
This place just opened here in town.
It's the same location of the old KFC and is privately owned.
Those I've spoken with who have eaten there say it's just like KFC.. hmmm.. we'll see.
Now I want KFC!! LOL I love the biscuits, taters and gravy.

I think I have our dinner pinned down. Corn and bacon waffles have been requested. So I will make fried potatoes, mushrooms and onions, over easy eggs and the waffles will be the toast substitute.

Another mushroom enrty!! LOL

Leni

I'm going to poach a chicken breast and add it to Trader Joes Caesar Salad mix for a quick and easy dinner tonight.

lilylove

Paul's working late... so, he's bring subway home for us to eat. Not sure what kind he'll get. I don't really care as long as the bread is fresh. ;)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Part of the dinner is done....

Baguette012011.jpg

The beef tips are in the cast iron dutch oven in the oven for another 30-45 minutes. Salad is assembled and waiting in the fridge.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Corn and bacon waffles, fried potatoes, mushrooms and onions, over easy eggs.

012011_eggs_potatoes_waffles.jpg

012011_potatoes_mushrooms.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Oh boy Peeps! yummo!
I love the look of your waffles.
ALL of it looks delicious.

I had chicken surprise lol

Nice bread Joe, can't wait to see the rest.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Good, but not what I ordered.
Psssst.. look around the forum lol
OHHHHHHHHH OK! LOL
I just got back did I miss something? I haven't checked new posts yet.

Pain is back arrrrrrrrrrrrg!! But stress can do that!! I want to shoot my printer!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
OHHHHHHHHH OK! LOL
I just got back did I miss something? I haven't checked new posts yet.

Pain is back arrrrrrrrrrrrg!! But stress can do that!! I want to shoot my printer!!

Sorry about the pain and the printer.
Want me to shoot it? I need the target practice! :yum:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Peeps, I love your lunch AND your dinner. And Joe, I hope we get to see the rest of the dinner - the bread looks simply perfect. We are doing a re-run of last night. Making soup for two people is just about impossible, so we have mucho leftovers. Especially with minestrone soup, I just can't seem to avoid adding more and more stuff, ending up with a cauldron. It's good, though, so it's OK.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peeps, I love your lunch AND your dinner. And Joe, I hope we get to see the rest of the dinner - the bread looks simply perfect. We are doing a re-run of last night. Making soup for two people is just about impossible, so we have mucho leftovers. Especially with minestrone soup, I just can't seem to avoid adding more and more stuff, ending up with a cauldron. It's good, though, so it's OK.
Thank you Karen.

Yummy You get to have a soup and bread rerun!!