Ingredient amounts question

LastManStanding

I must make egg sandwiches on Saturday.
Bread will be something like 4"x4" a slice. There will be around 80 sandwiches of that size.
My recipe is simple: eggs, mayonnaise, celery, shallots, salt, black pepper, mustard cream, margarine.
(Celery and shallots thinly chopped. A very little bit of black pepper.)
If available, I'll add some grated carrot too.
The issue is I have no idea how many eggs to boil, and how much mayonnaise to add. I don't want to waste too much in an economy like this. lol.
Also is it better to mix the mustard cream with the filling, or should I put it on the bread like I do with margarine ?
Does anyone get a rough idea about the amounts of eggs and mayonnaise please? I already have a bottle of 250gms of mayonnaise. I must buy more tomorrow.
Thanks for any ideas. :)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Indike, here's a recipe that will serve 50 people.

Might be helpful for you.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Indike, here's a recipe that will serve 50 people.

Might be helpful for you.

Oh, that's great, Lora! Indike and anyone else who is better at math than I am (pretty much everyone) can figure out the exact amounts for 80 sandwiches from this. But I would plan to boil 4 dozen eggs and have on hand 4 cups of mayo, even if you don't need that much.

I don't know what mustard cream is, but I'm guessing it would be great spread on one side of the bread.

Please post photos of your finished sandwiches if you can, Indike!

Lee

LastManStanding

Thanks a lot. I think I must take an idea from that recipe, and then have some emergency contingency, in case. Because I must make it in the morning before 6.30 am on Sunday, and so planning to make the filling on Saturday night and keep it in fridge instead of making the sandwich the same day. Hope it won't get thickened by the morning. Keep everything ready, and start at at 4 am. Aiming to be done at 6am, so there will be 30 mins to spare. I don't want to take the risk of having soggy lumpy bread by making them on Saturday itself and putting in fridge.
I will definitely take pictures and post here. :D