Canning

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I picked the tomatoes, I washed the tomatoes, I cored the tomatoes. I put them in boiling water. I transferred them to ice water, I removed the skin from the tomatoes, The innards I put into a pot to stew on the stove. The cores, the skins, I put in a colander, and pressed out the juice. & added to tomatoes on stove. ( Skins went into 3 tier compost box)- 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp Lemon juice. MEANWHILE- I have a empty QT jar in 250 degree oven for 20 minutes to sterilize it. The top snd ring to seal jar being sterilized in another pan on stove top, I put a fat (sterilized) funnel over a sterilized jar from the oven. I tasted, and loved the product. Here is the results.

81723  tomato.jpg

LOL At least I got the process down.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I picked the tomatoes, I washed the tomatoes, I cored the tomatoes. I put them in boiling water. I transferred them to ice water, I removed the skin from the tomatoes, The innards I put into a pot to stew on the stove. The cores, the skins, I put in a colander, and pressed out the juice. & added to tomatoes on stove. ( Skins went into 3 tier compost box)- 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp Lemon juice. MEANWHILE- I have a empty QT jar in 250 degree oven for 20 minutes to sterilize it. The top snd ring to seal jar being sterilized in another pan on stove top, I put a fat (sterilized) funnel over a sterilized jar from the oven. I tasted, and loved the product. Here is the results.

View attachment 60352

LOL At least I got the process down.

Lot of work, but it will make an incredible Bloody Mary, Dan!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Wevac Chamber Vacuum Food Sealer..jpg

I wonder how many of those small jars that I can put into THIS at once!! I already got three! Hah!!!! :whistling:

Johnny West

Well, now jalapeno jelly is interesting! How are you going to use it?

Did you save any jalapenos for ABT's???

Lee
She still has more to make into cowboy candy. I’ll have to look into abt’s.

We has some with smoked gouda and was quite tasty.

Ironman

🍺
I was at the farmers market in KCMO a few years ago and this old dude had some jalapeño jelly. He would put a little cream cheese on a cracker and jalapeño jelly on top. Good Lord that was a good little snack 😋

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
John, please post Nancy's recipe, when you can. I only have one jalapeno plant this year, but I might have enough to make a couple of half pints. If I don't use the rest of them for our beloved ABT's.

Lee

Johnny West

John, please post Nancy's recipe, when you can. I only have one jalapeno plant this year, but I might have enough to make a couple of half pints. If I don't use the rest of them for our beloved ABT's.

Lee
It’s from the Ball canning book.