450g ground beef
handful grated cheese
paprika
mixed herbs
1 egg

1 jar pasta sauce (tomato)
3 grated carrots

cooked rice

Make the meatballs by mixing together the beef, cheese and egg. Include paprika & mixed herbs to taste (I actually underseasoned mine so will use more next time). Fry the meatballs in a little oil, turning occasionally.
When browned & cooked, add the pasta sauce and bring to the boil.
Add the carrot and then simmer for about 5 minutes.
Stir through the rice and serve.

Attachments

• DSC00020.jpg
    DSC00020.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC00021.jpg
    DSC00021.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC00022.jpg
    DSC00022.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC00023.jpg
    DSC00023.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 146

chowhound

That looks like something I'd like to dig into for sure.
I noticed the other night you had carrots with something that seemed a little odd from my point of view. And now this. I'm going to give this a try. I'll bet the carrots add a really great texture and sweetness.

Thanks for the recipe.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I was thinking the same as Chow regarding the carrots, but, why not. I might add some finely diced carrots to DWs pasta sauce one of these nights to see what happens.

Thanks, Miniman

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
The carrots work well at taking the bitterness out of the tomatoes and adding a little sweetness to the sauce.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I use a lot of carrots as it is one of the vegetables my youngest will eat. I try to use them in different ways so I don't get bored.

buckytom

Grill Master
looks good, mini. i've made thousands meatballs in my life, (and built a thousand bridges, but suck just one... lol, anyone know the rest?) but i've never thought about adding paprika.

i'm gonna have to try this. thanks.