KFC, Popeye's, Church's & Browns Chicken

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Anyone else think their chicken is WAY over priced? $10 for 10 pieces??? Two freakin bites and I usually done with the stuff I get from them. Once in awhile I get a breast with some decent meat on it but it tends to be dry as hell.

Is there other folks that feel these places are a bad / poor value?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i will trade those prices for what we pay here..

this is a sample of what is "on sale"

the biggest bucket meal costs around $60..yes i said $60....lol

kfc-canada-coupon.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🩺
Gold Site Supporter
KFC closed down around here.
It's now a coffee/sandwich shop called The Grind.

If I decide to get chicken, I'll go to Lee's Famous Recipe..

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Over priced, greasy and overcooked. Popeyes and Bojangles are the only ones around here with decent chicken but they are still overpriced.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
KFC closed down around here.
It's now a coffee/sandwich shop called The Grind.

If I decide to get chicken, I'll go to Lee's Famous Recipe..

speaking of chicken...

i found this in the store today and thought of you Sass

PI194306038379798B.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
it must be the region you guys are in... i know when we travel to Flint MI... i eat at Popeyes because the food is always hot,cheap and tastes good...then again i am not going into the best of neighborhoods..lol

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🩺
Gold Site Supporter
KFC's chicken sucks.
It's always been undercooked, the breading is hiding a layer of slime/fat underneath.

They used to have gizzards years ago, that I loved.

When my Mother was in the hospital last year, my sister and I stopped off at Lee's and I got a wing and a leg of their chicken, plus mashed taters and gravy, baked beans, and macaroni salad.
Let me tell you, I wasn't at all disappointed, and felt no chicken eating guilt at all!! LOL!!

AllenOK

I haven't been in a KFC in years, and it's been close to 20 years since I've been inside a Popeye's. Longer for Church's. Haven't tried any of the others.

Why buy fried chicken when I can get some for free, every Sunday, when I go to work (fried chicken is the highlight of Sunday Brunch). Besides, I have the recipe, and can and will make it at home if the kids want some.

The only problem with making it at home is that I need two or three counter-top deep-fryers to get it done quick enough.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I haven't eaten chicken in years unless I can get true chickens raised like they should be not farmed. Now with that said I've had food from Popeye's though not the chicken. I used to love their onion rings, red beans rice and their dirty rice. Now I haven't seen one in 4 years since the one here closed. I can't remember ever eating in a KFC or a Churches but could have years ago and it just didn't register.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
The only fast food that I have eaten of late is Pollo Tropical. See. http://www.pollotropical.com/english/index.htm I like it even though I wish it were less salty. I love the amarillos, fried yucca with the garlic sauce, black beans and rice and their yellow rice. They also have a food sensitivity guide on their website where you can find a $1 off coupon for those in Florida.

I haven't had KFC, Churches or Popeyes in years. I had never heard of Browns or The Grind.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I have eaten chik'n, too. Boca and Morningstar brands are the ones that I have tried. I don't mind them once in a while. I sometimes wonder why there is so much sodium in some of these products. It is what keeps me from buying them more often.

Love2"Q"

churches around here is pretty cheap ..
but they are not usually in places you want to be in ...
KFC is a joke ...
i love bojangles and hardees fried chicken ...
most times .. 8 peices and 4 biscuits for 8 bucks ..