Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
Paprika, to taste
1/3 Cup Colby-Jack cheese
5 Slices Bacon, cooked and diced
Green onions for garnish, if desired
Sour cream, if desired

Directions

Preheat oven to 375. Clean and scrub potatoes well. Slice the potatoes into 1/4″ thick slices.

Place potatoes on lightly buttered baking sheet and season each side with salt, black pepper, and paprika.

Cook for 30 minutes. Flip potatoes over and cook for an additional 15 minutes.

Remove pan from oven and place a pinch of cheese and bacon on top of each potato round. Return the pan to the oven and cook until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes.

Serve with green onions and sour cream, if desired.

Attachments

• bakedpotatorounds-300x188.jpg
    bakedpotatorounds-300x188.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 217

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OMG, this looks and sounds heavenly! I love potatoes but I've never done them this way. Thanks, Sass, I think I'll be making these tonight.

homecook

Oh my!! I could have that for my dinner!! lol Do you eat these as an appetizer? (I know stupid questions)

lilylove

Sass... I was just telling HC that I was thinking about making them for my lunch!
I'd have to use cheddar cheese though because I'm out of Jack. :)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Why ruin them with a salad?? :D

LOL, Barb!

Chowhound would serve them with a mound of fries, mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. :lol:

I have a couple of Russets at home - I'd like to try these!

Lee

homecook

LOL, Barb!

Chowhound would serve them with a mound of fries, mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. :lol:

Lee

You're probably right! lol These will definitely be on my menu this week......it may even be my dinner tonight, without the salad of course!

Tickle Me Elmo

Fantastic! Just bought a big bag of russets. I think we'll have these tonight with crewsk's Worcestershire chicken.

Last edited:

lilylove

I'd love to take credit for the Worcestershire chicken Tickle but I think it was Crews that posted it. :)

chowhound

LOL, Barb!

Lee

Just where are you going with that, Lee?

:wink:

Those look good, Sass.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Wow, Keltin. Looks like a stand-alone meal to me. Where did I set my beer at....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Oh Keltin, you've made me proud!!
:D
Yep, they are fabulous as a meal with a small salad on the side.
I cut mine thinner, had so many last night that I took some over to my sis and her family.

homecook

Sass, I made these tonight. All I can say is WOW!!! Outstanding....dh even loved them! I'll be making them again for sure and will take pics then. I ate them up too fast to take a pic tonight. lol

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Sass, I made these tonight. All I can say is WOW!!! Outstanding....dh even loved them! I'll be making them again for sure and will take pics then. I ate them up too fast to take a pic tonight. lol
HEY! I made them for dinner tonight also. Potato Rounds Night in Mentor Ohio! DW loved them, and I put the recipe in my binder for future reference. I didn't have russets so I used redskins, and I used canola spray instead of butter. Nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. A real winner.

No pics because the battery died. I'll shoot some the next time I make them, which will be real soon.

homecook

HEY! I made them for dinner tonight also. Potato Rounds Night in Mentor Ohio! DW loved them, and I put the recipe in my binder for future reference. I didn't have russets so I used redskins, and I used canola spray instead of butter. Nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. A real winner.

No pics because the battery died. I'll shoot some the next time I make them, which will be real soon.

I used redskins also! That's all I ever buy, but I did use butter. lol