Top 5 Stats

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Do you know who the top 5 posters are? How about the top 5 forums?

I added a hack which will show you that and more. It is on the index page of the forums, just above who's online. Click the NCT Logo for a quick way to the index page.

My question for you all, do you see the stats in the top 5 box? At first all I saw was 'Loading' and they never did load. I clicked on top 5 near the upper left corner of the box, and clicked view more. This populated the stats and they have shown up ever since.

What do you see? Stats or loading ...or nothing?

***Note: This is the only one of my forums where I am NOT one of the top 5 posteres. :eek:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yea, it said loading for me as well. Then when I click on more it said I did not have permission. Then I was logged out. I logged back in, and can see it now. I am guessing it is just a matter of everyone logging off, clearing cookies, and logging back in to see the updated info.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I saw it there all day.

I thought the database was indexing.

I did as you said, it id as you said it would.

Great job Doc, Nice addition.

Andy C

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
It says loading, Doc and I have to click on it to see the information. I will probably have to do what Maverick suggested and it is not that big a deal either way. I love how we have so many recipes today!!! Woo hoo!!

Thanks, Doc for making this such a pleasant place to visit. :)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I had to log out and then log back in too but it works now. That's pretty kewl!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Says loading here too. I can't see it. Tried IE7 and Chrome. Tried clearing cookies in both. No dice. I'll try FireFox next.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
After you log out and then log back in, click Top 5 stats and then click on view more.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I tried that, but I get an authorizatrion page????

5f3od1.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
This is a new PC I recently had built. I may not have several plug-ins installed that might help this out?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
If you look in the upper right hand corner of that page...just log in again on that page.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
If you look in the upper right hand corner of that page...just log in again on that page.

:doh: :pat::pat::pat:

I didn't even notice it had logged me out when I did that. It seems to be working now that I logged in that way. Sheesh!

Thanks Mama!!

3535euf.jpg

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yup, what you got Keltin is exactly what I got. And once I logged back in it worked fine for me too!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Um... gotta add that I went to the main page again, and again (even though I had not logged out from last time) it said loading. So, I had to log back in to see em. Maybe tomorrow it will clear itself up for me!

Calicolady

Mine worked fine thanks to Mav's instructions and logging back in without having logged out in the first place.
When you click on Top Stats it requires you to log in even though you're already logged in.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yup, still does that to me as well. Each time I log in, if I want to view em it makes me log in again, LOL! Like, hey! You can't see these unless I really really know who you are!

It's giving me the Evil Monkey Eye I tell ya! Never realized just how creepy that was until now...Muahaha

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Yup, still does that to me as well. Each time I log in, if I want to view em it makes me log in again, LOL! Like, hey! You can't see these unless I really really know who you are!

It's giving me the Evil Monkey Eye I tell ya! Never realized just how creepy that was until now...Muahaha

Me too. It requires a redo every time I come back.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I just don't log out. I just close the browser. When I come back I just have to click on "Top 5 Stats" and then "view more" and all the stats pop back up. Works for me.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
It is when we click on the View More that we get made to log back in, weird of it to do that. But yea, it is most likely because I use FF and clear all cookies and private data when I exit. If I saved the cookies and private data I would probably be able to do what you do as well.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I use IE7 and my cookies are presistent. And it still happens to me. I've got other problems as well such as my custom title won't show in my edit profile options. It's weird.