Camera Set up?

Derek

Banned
I have a camera for Youtube, and I'm trying to get some gopod angles but I can't.

My kitchen is very small and I have an idea for youtube but it's making me frustrated.

Any idea's? Here's a partial photo of my kitchen

459652403_Tx9L6-S.jpg

The counter area

459652381_FZShf-S.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to NCT!

What is it you're trying to accomplish? Video or stills?

Derek

Banned
What do you gentleman & ladies think about the hanging tripods? or the clamp on tripod arms?

"I'm not exactly sure what they're called"

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
The tripod arms are great and easily moved, even on the fly. Haven't seen or tried the hanging ones. Do you have someone to help you?

If it's a cooking demo, you can use a regular tripod angled where the action is, take your shots, move as needed, and then edit later.

What are you trying to shoot?

Derek

Banned
The tripod arms are great and easily moved, even on the fly. Haven't seen or tried the hanging ones. Do you have someone to help you?

If it's a cooking demo, you can use a regular tripod angled where the action is, take your shots, move as needed, and then edit later.

What are you trying to shoot?
I'm trying to shoot a cooking demo and I would like to show every one how much less it would be to make a pizza instead of paying $20-$30 for a pizza.

and use $20-$30 to make like 3-4 pizza's depending how elaborate you want to make it.

Derek

Banned
You get a wider field of view in cramped quarters.

I suppose we need to know what you wish to accomplish...
Well some views like Les shroud gets in Survivor man, Not the shoulder cam he use but shots that you can see what I'm doing.

I've tried to put the camera on the counter top but all you saw was the fat guy part of me LOL.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Have someone help you is the best bet.

But lacking that, a good stand alone tripod angled toward the counter where you work is the best bet. It will capture your hands working and your ingredients. Monitor your field of vision for the camera, and you can easily keep ingredients close, but out of the frame. Then simply grab them and use them. If need be, go ahead and do “work” stuff such as moving the camera to a new angle for some shots, then use a free program like Windows Movie Maker to edit it all to a final movie.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Concepts-TR-60N-Camera-Carrying/dp/B000093UDQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/182-8926223-1571403?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1234927486&sr=8-1"]Here’s a nice tripod on the cheap.[/ame]

Other than that, just do a “still” pictorial. You’d be amazed at how effective a little text coupled with the right pics can be! I prefer pics as they are smaller (not megs or gigs of video data to upload) and much easier to edit. Plus, you have to remember that some people just don’t want to sit through a video. Hit the highlights with good pics, nice text, and they “get the picture” quickly.

Derek

Banned
Have someone help you is the best bet.

But lacking that, a good stand alone tripod angled toward the counter where you work is the best bet. It will capture your hands working and your ingredients. Monitor your field of vision for the camera, and you can easily keep ingredients close, but out of the frame. Then simply grab them and use them. If need be, go ahead and do “work” stuff such as moving the camera to a new angle for some shots, then use a free program like Windows Movie Maker to edit it all to a final movie.

Here’s a nice tripod on the cheap.

Other than that, just do a “still” pictorial. You’d be amazed at how effective a little text coupled with the right pics can be! I prefer pics as they are smaller (not megs or gigs of video data to upload) and much easier to edit. Plus, you have to remember that some people just don’t want to sit through a video. Hit the highlights with good pics, nice text, and they “get the picture” quickly.
Thank you very much for the help mate, I do have a plenty of tripods that's not the problem :)

By the way here is a pictorial on a pizza I've done a week ago.

http://derekswebcorner.wordpress.com/

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you very much for the help mate, I do have a plenty of tripods that's not the problem :)

By the way here is a pictorial on a pizza I've done a week ago.

http://derekswebcorner.wordpress.com/

That’s exactly it! Great pictorial on that pizza (made me hungry!!)!!! Now, just add your recipe info in the right places and you’re ready to go. I love pictorials!!

Here’s one I did on making Twice Baked Potatoes. Granted, DW did help on some of the shots, but it can just as easily be done with a tripod.

Oh......and make sure to post those pictorials here as well!! :lol:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I've tried to put the camera on the counter top but all you saw was the fat guy part of me LOL.
Keltin puts his camera even lower.....:ohmy:
BTW, welcome to NCT, FMDerek! We're glad you are here. We love it when people post recipes with pics or video!!!

Derek

Banned
That’s exactly it! Great pictorial on that pizza (made me hungry!!)!!! Now, just add your recipe info in the right places and you’re ready to go. I love pictorials!!

Here’s one I did on making Twice Baked Potatoes. Granted, DW did help on some of the shots, but it can just as easily be done with a tripod.

Oh......and make sure to post those pictorials here as well!! :lol:
Will do and nice pictorial.

Keltin puts his camera even lower.....:ohmy:
BTW, welcome to NCT, FMDerek! We're glad you are here. We love it when people post recipes with pics or video!!!
Thank you very much for the welcome Fishers-Mom.

You know whats funny guys? I've never cooked ever cooked before and I have my family that can vouch for me, the last thing I've ever cooked what some mac & cheese and I forgot to add water LOL and the microwave stunk for about 3 days or so.

But once I've moved out about 2 months ago I've became a chef in an instant.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
You know whats funny guys? I've never cooked ever cooked before and I have my family that can vouch for me, the last thing I've ever cooked what some mac & cheese and I forgot to add water LOL and the microwave stunk for about 3 days or so.

That's fantastic! Are you living alone or do you have hungry roommates pushing you into the kitchen?

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Living alone, but I'll have a 4 legged roommate in march.

and I will be starting college in June.
Oh, you've done it now! I have 2 sons that just started college and they only step in the kitchen to eat!!! I'm going to have to "suggest" they get a little more active in there. What kind of roommate - canine or feline?

Derek

Banned
Canine, A Rat Terrier & or a Pug depending who I see first!

Yeah well I love cooking I don't know why I can cook better then I play blues guitar.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

That's the way it works. Necessity is the mother of all inventions! :yum:

You’re on a roll now, so do not stop!! It’s fun! I’m looking forward to your pictorials!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Ehh, I've never cared for chicken all that well, Maybe it was the way my mom made it for me when I lived at home!

It always tasted dried and always got caught in your thought.

:yum::yum:

I'm not saying anything! :lol:

Ok, grilled steak then! Much easier than using a glass slide on a bar cord!