Sunday Ddinner 12-19-10

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Beef and pepper stir fry over or alongside Peeps Sesame Noodles. :D
I want some bbq wings too..

buckytom

Grill Master
i went out this a.m. to pick up our monthly ration of potable water (jersey water is full of pcb's, dead guys, chlorine, and 3 eyed fish poop).

with 27 gallons plus 2 cases of 500ml bottles, i swung by the meat department. they had beautiful roasts out, so i picked up a pork sirloin end rib roast, and a 3 bone beef rib roast.

dw just went out christmas shopping, so i offered to make an old tnt with the pork - crock pot pork rib roast with apple, sage, and butter gravy, or i could roast the hunk o' beef with some root veggies.
:chef:

lol, my guess is she'll be pooped when she gets home and will want take out. :huh:

GotGarlic

I picked up a couple of pork shoulder steaks yesterday, so I'm planning pork pizzaiola (steaks simmered in seasoned tomato sauce) with pasta and a green salad.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
We had the Red Gravy Christmas party last night, and thought we'd eat leftovers tonight. The only thing left over was cheese and fruit!! For once, I did not make too much!

We're going back to the restaurant via St. Charles Streetcar shortly. I'm going to make dinner for Lou and I there (first time!)

I'm making butternut squash risotto, spinach greens with candied almonds and fried pork tenderloin slices. Naturally, there is Red Gravy Garlic bread.
I've also taken to keeping booze at the restaurant, mostly for recipes, but we have a bottle of Gentleman Jack from last night, so that's our cocktail again, tonight. I have a bottle of chianti left from last night, as well. Dessert will probably be beignets at Jackson Square.....because after we eat, we'll walk through the French Quarter to Jackson Square for candlelit christmas caroling!!!:bounce:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks a ton Peeps!!
I can't get enough of these when I make them! :heart:
Decided not to have any wings.. I am too stuffed as it is.
:yum:

2010-12-19 16-38-33.522.jpg

lilylove

I have a beefy veggie redwine type thingy in the crockpot. Smells good :)

I'll serve it over rice or noodles.

Mr. Green Jeans

No-knead pizza dough is just about ready to work. Topping it with sirloin that I ground and seasoned with carne adobada and lime juice. It will be topped with taco blend cheese. SOme frsh cut veggies and dip to accompany.

mhend

Last night I made a big pot of sausage and shrimp gumbo for a little music get together we had here, so tonight we went with something a little lighter - pasta salad.

Leni

I discoved that I have plenty of leftovers so that's what we'll have tonight. Ham and cheese quiche, stuffed Itailian meatballs and chili. I have plenty of side dishes. That's good because I'm cooking for DH's office party today and tomorrow.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Well thank YOU Peeps. They are a favourite now for sure.

LS, what all did you put in your stuffed peppers?
They look good.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner was mixed greens salad topped with black olives, feta cheese and slivered almonds dressed with Good Season’s Italian dressing, Trader Joe’s Chicken Chow Mein and Trader Ming’s Asian Vegetables.

121910_TJ_chicken_chow_mein_veggies.jpg

121910_TJ_chicken_chow_mein.jpg

121910_TJ_asian_veggies.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
As always Peeps, bursting with colour and deliciousness!
mmmm!
Thank you Sass. This was the first run on the TJ's Asian Fare. We will do it again. It was pretty good. I was going to pick up the fried rice also but figured 2 newbies was enough for one meal. LOL

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Nice looking meals tonight! I love your potato and stuffed pepper picture, LS - that potato looks really delicious...and Sass, your dinner is lovely. I can almost smell it! Peeps, as usual, your dinner is so colorful and appealing. Wish I could get those TJ products, but mostly, I am jealous of your wonderful salads. Yum.

I cooked a pretty simple meal tonight - some chicken breasts cooked quickly in the oven, served on some rice. As you can see, I had to forage a bit for a side dish - no fresh veggies left, so time to go to the market tomorrow. I cut up an orange and sprinkled it with dried cranberries. Actually, it was pretty good.

Attachments

• DSCF0904.jpg
    DSCF0904.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 81

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Karen!!

I want your chicken and rice! Whats on the chicken and how did you cook it? Is that mexican rice with veggies in it?

I am going to have a snack of dry roasted cashews and some dried cherries.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, Peeps! I made the chicken from an old Betty Crocker recipe for oven-fried chili chicken. It was really good, but I only cooked it half as long as the recipe called for. The coating is a mix of flour, chile powder, paprika, cornmeal, salt and pepper. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a baking dish, put the coated chicken breasts in the pan (smush em around in the butter), then turn them over and bake at 400F for about 20 minutes. I used a little more butter, and I think I would add more chile powder and maybe some garlic powder next time. Basically, it's a good, quick recipe.

The rice is a Knorr Arroz (rice) Mexicana product (it's so good, I use it often). I don't know if you can get it in the US. I added some corn and red peppers.

I'd love some of your cashews and dried cherries!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks, Peeps! I made the chicken from an old Betty Crocker recipe for oven-fried chili chicken. It was really good, but I only cooked it half as long as the recipe called for. The coating is a mix of flour, chile powder, paprika, cornmeal, salt and pepper. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a baking dish, put the coated chicken breasts in the pan (smush em around in the butter), then turn them over and bake at 400F for about 20 minutes. I used a little more butter, and I think I would add more chile powder and maybe some garlic powder next time. Basically, it's a good, quick recipe.

The rice is a Knorr Arroz (rice) Mexicana product (it's so good, I use it often). I don't know if you can get it in the US. I added some corn and red peppers.

I'd love some of your cashews and dried cherries!
I'll have to try that!! Thank you Karen!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
ground beef, rice, eggs, onion, tomato sauce, italian bread crumbs, oatmeal, garlic powder and season all.

Guts

Thanks for the reply, oatmeal never would've thought of that. I'm guessing that use as a filler to firm it up as well is texture. The Italian breadcrumbs is something I use making my stuffed peppers only with Italian sausage the Italian breadcrumbs sure had a nice flavor to the stuffed peppers. Nice job.:clap:

I baked some potatoes the other night, I like to bake extra when I have baked potatoes and use them for Fry-ed potatoes and onions in the morning with some eggs.

abi_csi

In England Sunday is roast day - with roast meat (Chicken, pork, beef and lamb being most popular) with my choice of veggies roast pots, roast carrots, steamed broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower cheese swimming in gravy and accompanied by a sauce of choice, either horseradish, mint or apple.