My Never to be Forgotten Garlic Bread

Guts

[FONT=&quot]My Never to be Forgotten Garlic Bread[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Warning this is very rich and served in small portions [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]1 lb loaf French Bread [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]6 Tbsp butter [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]2 - 8 cloves garlic, crushed or grated [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]7 tsp toasted sesame seeds (*I toast them when I make this / see in the mixing bowl picture #2)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1-1/2 Cup sour cream [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]2 Cups Jack or Mozzarella cheese, cubed or grated [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]2 Tbsp± fresh parsley leafs (I use two small hand full's)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]2 tsp fresh lemon juice / or 2 tsp lemon pepper[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1tsp ± pepper, to taste[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1 14-oz. can artichokes (not marinated) coarsely chopped [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1 Cup grated cheddar cheese [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cut loaf of bread in half lengthwise and tear out soft center in small chunks [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Put small chunks on lined foil lined baking sheet lightly toast to be added to mixture.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Melt butter in large skillet; sauté garlic, then add toasted torn bits of toasted bread pieces. Toss all to coat toasted bread pieces till butter is absorbed[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Remove from heat [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Combine sour cream, jack and parmesan cheese Stir in artichokes, parsley, lemon juice, fresh pepper, toasted bread pieces and toasted sesame seeds.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Mix and spoon into bread shells [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sprinkle with cheddar cheese [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Bake at 350° 30 minutes or until golden
[/FONT]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 402
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 386
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 390
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 386
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 389
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 381

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh my does that every look good. I can't wait to try it. :thumb: Thanks Guts!!!!! :tiphat:

I have one particular Italian restaurant that I go to mainly because they have the best garlic bread. This looks like it will easily beat that garlic bread by a mile.
Awesome!!!!!!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OMG, OMG, OMG!!! That is the most amazing stuff ever, Guts! It's sheer genius. I love artichoke dip but this......this is over the top!

Are you married?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:clap: I know I'd like that. It's got all the things I love! Welcome to the forum :).

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

like I said; [FONT=&quot]Warning this is very rich and served in small portions [/FONT]

What I meant was it looks and sounds so good, who needs anything else!

In the world of Spartacus, they would say:

"Portions? **** Portions! Portions can reason to my ****! I'll have what has been divinely provided till satiated!"

Uh....sorry.....watched a little to much TV these past few weeks! :yum:

Seriously though, looks wonderful. I could fill myself on that alone and be happy!

Guts

What I meant was it looks and sounds so good, who needs anything else!

In the world of Spartacus, they would say:

"Portions? **** Portions! Portions can reason to my ****! I'll have what has been divinely provided till satiated!"

Uh....sorry.....watched a little to much TV these past few weeks! :yum:

Seriously though, looks wonderful. I could fill myself on that alone and be happy!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok make some. and let us know if it as good as it looks.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
:ohmy: what a gorgeous recipe for garlic bread!!!!!
Guts, those last two pics are killer.
Like Keltin said, this alone could be a meal and will be around here sometime in the near future.
Thank you!

buckytom

Grill Master
another good one, thanks guts. a slice or two of this, a bitter greens salad, and a bottle of wine would make a nice meal. :chef:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
another good one, thanks guts. a slice or two of this, a bitter greens salad, and a bottle of wine would make a nice meal. :chef:
yeah! ... and make it two bottles of wine and you'd have a fun night to. :D

Guts

Like I said in post #6 [("And it's easy to make, and doesn't cost much to make either.")] But it is rich and I warn you of that fact.

buckytom

Grill Master
that's why you'd need the bitter salad, to cut through it a bit.

the bottles of wine are mandatory if doc thinks he's gonna hit on you that easily...

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the warning Guts. With a little luck we are going to try it this weekend. :D

Guts

one more thing to much garlic will over power this, 4-5 should work fine / average size cloves.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
The recipe looks delicious, but the name is a bit misleading IMO. When I think of garlic bread, I think of bread that has been buttered or oiled, then covered with various seasonings and possibly a sprinkling of cheese, rubbed with garlic and toasted. Garlic bread is usually served with spaghetti or ravioli or lasagna to soak up excess pasta sauce and to move the food around on the plate. This recipe is a full blown appetizer, and I think its richness would diminish a pasta dish rather than compliment it. What you have here is an artichoke & cheese dip in a bread boat. I would rename this recipe "Cheezy Artichoke Boat Appetizer," as the artichoke dip is the dominant feature of this appy. Just my 2 cents, and not meant to diminish the creativity of the dish.