Jalapeno Eggs

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Jalapeno Eggs
c:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CAll%20Users%5CDocuments%5CMy%20BigOven%20Recipes%5CData%5Chtm%5Cimages%5Cstar0.gif

Yields: 6 Servings

Ingredients
6 Egg
1 can (4 oz) Jalapeno peppers chopped
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
1/4 teaspoon Cumin ground
3/4 cup Cheese grated

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375°. In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Drain the jalapenos, and mix them and the salt, chili powder, and cumin into the eggs. Fill a 6 muffin tin with the egg mixture. Top the cups with grated cheese. Bake for approx. 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 15-20 minutes, and remove to a plate. Top with sour cream, salsa, or your favorite topping. Rob Howery
Cuisine : American
Main Ingredient : Eggs

nc011347.jpg

nc011348.jpg

nc011349.jpg

nc011350.jpg

nc011351.jpg

nc011353.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We make these with eggbeaters when we are doing South Beach, but we use chopped ham and green onion.

LOVE the jalapeno idea, Rob!

They reheat very well in the microwave, if you want to make a bunch in advance, and have breakfasts to go during the rest of the week!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wow, that is so cool! I'm so making these for the next office breakfast thingy we do every now and then. Thanks!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I'm printing this out to use in my mini muffin tins for munchies with my neighbors in the back '40!

Thanks for bumping it up, Sierra!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Indeed, thanks for the bump Sierra. I missed this first time around. Looks GREAT Rob. Thanks!!!!! :tiphat: I can't wait to try these. :D

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
bump!

I made these last summer with black bean salsa.

Man, were they ever good!

2010-07-19 13-43-27.408.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That looks like a delicious plating, and a nice change to serve with hot dogs, Sass!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ohhhhhhhhh.

Well, then MY idea to serve the jalapeno eggs with hot dogs is a brilliant one!

:hotdog:

Lee

Leni

I made them for breakfast yesterday. I used Ortega's diced green chilies instead and only about a third of the can. DH and DD don't like hot. I didn't have ground cumin so I used the seeds. I toped them with salsa and sour cream. If I'd had an avocado I would have put a couple of slices on the side. I think I'm going to use more of the chilies next time and cut back just a tad on the cumin. I think that I"ll also add a little more chili powder. Everyone liked it and it is a keeper. :a1:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for letting us know Leni. :thumb: DW does not like it hot either but maybe your way will work for her. Worth a try. :thumb: :D

Leni

I would certainly try it Doc. It was very flavorful and by using different herbs the results can be quite different. I used a three cheese Mexican mixture on the top. I think that I'll make it again tomorrow with the changes that I mentioned above. I might even consider a little onion in it, sauteed ahead of course. The next time I might use onion, basil, and parmesan cheese. Maybe a little thyme also. I'm going to have fun with this recipe.