My favorite Lumpia!!

Deelady

My friend just asked me to type out this recipe for her so I thought I'd share with you guys as well!
This is my favorite thing to make for parties! Even my little one is impatient for me to finish when I am frying these up!! :D :D

Lumpia~
1 pound ground pork
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion very finely chopped
1 carrot grated
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 TB garlic powder
2 TB salt
1 package of SPRING ROLL wrappers (not egg roll wrappers, unless you HAVE to!)
few shakes of Accent seasoning (MSG) optional
1 1/2 quarts of oil for deep frying

In a large bowl combine pork, beef, onion and carrot.Make sure to completely mix well. Using your hands is best to slightly knead the meat. Gradually blend in the soy sauce, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and Accent until evenly distributed.
Lay out a few wrappers out at a time while keeping a slightly damp cloth over the rest of the package (they dry out fast).Place aprox 1 to 2 tablespoons of filling in a line down the center of the wrapper. Make sure filling is NO THICKER than the width of your thumb! (think of a thin cigar) or else the wrapper will cook much faster than the filling.
Fold tightly like a burrito by folding in the ends over the filling then top to bottom.Moisten the edges with a finger dipped in water to seal shut. Repeat with rest of wrappers until filling is gone.
* tip* before frying dip each end in flour to help keep sealed while cooking, esp if you have to cut in half for smaller serving sizes before frying.
Heat Oil in a deep fryer pan or heavy skillet. fry 3-4 lumpia at a time or at least enough to where they are not crowded. Fry until golden brown. Lumpia are cooked through when they float.
Freeze wonderfully before frying for future use!
Great served with sweet and sour sauce for dipping!!
Enjoy!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh wow, what's not to like with THOSE?? They sound wonderful, Dee!

I've never heard of lumpia before, but I know I would love them!

Lee

Deelady

Oh wow, what's not to like with THOSE?? They sound wonderful, Dee!

I've never heard of lumpia before, but I know I would love them!

Lee

Lumpia is simply Filipino egg rolls with mostly meat filling....and they are ADDICTING!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I just Googled Lumpia.. they look fantastic.
Like Lee, I'd never heard of them before.

Deelady

These aren't mine but this is what they look like....hmmm I think I might have a few still in the freezer, I'll have to look, all this talk is making me crave them :D

3064_12350925181235092485lumpia.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Okay, so in the picture, those ends are NOT folded in like burrito, right?

I like the folding idea - must be a little less messy.

Lee

Deelady

Sorry Qsis I meant to tuck the ends in as burritos have theirs tucked in but its rolled more like a cigar I guess you would say.....
Thanks Sass, its much easier to understand by seeing it than to try to explain it :D

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, Sass - I understand now!

Dee, yours look fantastic!

Lee

Deelady

Thanks Qsis :) I was pretty bummed though....I didn't realized till too late that I had no more sweet and sour sauce!!! :(

Deelady

Heres my step by step pics :) They were gone in under a half hour!!

Attachments

• SUMMER 760.jpg
    SUMMER 760.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 138
  • SUMMER 758.jpg
    SUMMER 758.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 141
  • SUMMER 761.jpg
    SUMMER 761.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 138
  • SUMMER 762.jpg
    SUMMER 762.jpg