Zesty Beefy Spaghetti Soup

Ol-blue

If you want to tame down this soup some you could only add 1 can of the Rotel along with a can of regular diced tomatoes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Enjoy! Debbie

ZESTY BEEFY SPAGHETTI SOUP

ZestyBeefySpaghettiSoup086.jpg

1 1/2 pound(s) GROUND BEEF
1 small ONION; Chopped.
1/2 cup(s) CELERY; Chopped.
1 cup(s) CARROTS; Chopped.
1 tablespoon(s) GARLIC; Minced.
3 cup(s) WATER
2 can(s) (10 ounce each) ROTEL DICED TOMATOES AND GREEN CHILIES; Original.
1 jar(s) (1 lb 10 ounce) SPAGHETTI SAUCE*
1 tablespoon(s) SUGAR
1/4 teaspoon(s) ITALIAN SEASONING; Dried.
1/2 teaspoon(s) SALT
1/4 teaspoon(s) BLACK PEPPER
3 ounce(s) SPAGHETTI; Broken Into 2 Inch Pieces.
_____

In large pot, brown ground beef along with the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic until vegetables are almost tender and beef is no longer pink.
Drain off any excess fat.
Add to pot the water, undrained Rotel tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, sugar, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
Bring to a boil.
Add broken spaghetti.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until spaghetti is tender.
Serve immediately.

6 servings.

*I like to use Ragú® Robusto Sautéed Onion & Garlic Pasta Sauce.
_____

chowhound

Super! Thanks Debbie.
I might swap out the spaghetti for small cheese ravioli, because I always liked that soup of yours with ravioli in it. That looks so good though I might not change a thing!

Ol-blue

Super! Thanks Debbie.
I might swap out the spaghetti for small cheese raviloi, because I always liked that soup of yours with raviloi in it. That looks so good though I might not change a thing!

Good idea using the raviloi. I forgot about that soup. It would work great. Thanks!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
A great recipe - I'm going to book mark it. My son loves taking soup for his school lunch & this will do great.

Wow! Looks scrumpdillyumptious!!! I'm going to have to try this one out on DD and her boyfriend - she doesn't like soup much, but I bet she'll love this one!

Thanks

Fred

High Cheese

Saucier
That Rotel is so friggin expensive in my store. 1 can is like $4.50. Not that $4 is going to break my wallet, but still.

homecook

That Rotel is so friggin expensive in my store. 1 can is like $4.50. Not that $4 is going to break my wallet, but still.

Do you have a Dollar Store by you? That's where I get mine and surprise it's only $1.00. It's my go-to store.

Barb

Ol-blue

Do you have a Walmart? I get the store brand for around a dollar there. I hear also in some areas that Costco sells them pretty cheap. I know in our area Costco doesn't carry them, wish thy did.

I got two cans of Rotel at Publix today, $0.99 per can - Plus a $1.00 off store coupon when you buy two cans. The coupons will be available until Feb. 6th, if I remember right.

Fred

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Ol-Blue. Welcome to Net Cooking Talk.
I'll admit, I read the title of this thread and thought ....yuck. :hide: Then I open it and look at the pic. WOW, it looks GREAT. :eek: :thumb: :applause:
Very cool bowl you have it in also. My wife likes blue and has lots of blue dinner ware. She'd love your bowl. :D
Thanks for the GREAT recipe. Reps for you. I can't wait to try it.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

Ol-blue

Hi Ol-Blue. Welcome to Net Cooking Talk.
I'll admit, I read the title of this thread and thought ....yuck. :hide: Then I open it and look at the pic. WOW, it looks GREAT. :eek: :thumb: :applause:
Very cool bowl you have it in also. My wife likes blue and has lots of blue dinner ware. She'd love your bowl. :D
Thanks for the GREAT recipe. Reps for you. I can't wait to try it.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

LOL...That is why a long time ago I started taking pictures of the finished product. I think a picture says more than a recipe title.

chowhound

I am a lot more apt to try a new recipe if it looks like something I would like.
And when I'm looking for one of Debbie's recipes that I've printed and "filed", I shuffle through the papers looking for the picture (lol)

Ol-blue

That works....I'm a visual person so I like looking at what I am going to make if I am looking in a cookbook.

Domestic Goddess

That works....I'm a visual person so I like looking at what I am going to make if I am looking in a cookbook.

:agree: Debbie, that goes for me too! That is one reason why I decided to make this soup. Visually not only does the soup look good, but it sure tastes good. Debbie, I made this soup for yesterdays dinner, and boy was it ever good, but I did make a few minor changes when making the soup.

First I should let you know... that I had used 85% lean ground beef, and I cooked that and the veggies in 1-1/2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. I did not drian off the excess grease, as there wasn't much to drain off. Also, I added a medium onion, rather than a small one, 3 large cloves of garlic, I added 1 teaspoon of salt, instead of just a 1/2 teasp., plus I added 1-(10-oz.) can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes, and had to add 1-(14.5 oz.) can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, as that's what I had on hand, so when it came to adding the water, I only added 2-1/2 cups. Both cans of tomatoes w/the green chilies made for a 'hot' and 'spicy' soup, which my hubby and I both enjoyed. I also couldn't believe my hubby also added some Tabasco to the soup. Next time tho, I'm going to just add the 2-(10-oz.) cans of Ro-Tel, to tame down the soup. I decided if my hubby's going to add Tabasco to the soup, I figured I'd just cut back on the heat just a bit. One other thing I did different... I had to use a jar of Traditional-Style Spaghetti Sauce, (Ragu's of course) as that's what I had in my pantry, and when it came to simmering the soup, I covered the pot, and simmered it exactly for 22 minutes, to cook the spaghetti all the way thru. Debbie, I found this soup made a few more servings...for us, about 7-8. Debbie, thank you for posting this recipe. Hubby and I loved it!!

Last edited:

Ol-blue

:agree: Debbie, that goes for me too! That is one reason why I decided to make this soup. Visually not only does the soup look good, but it sure is. Debbie, I made this soup for yesterdays dinner, and was it ever good, but I did make a few minor changes when making the soup.

First I should let you know... that I had used 85% lean ground beef, and I cooked that and the veggies in 1-1/2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. I did not drian off the excess grease, as there wasn't much to drain off. Also, I added a medium onion, rather than a small one, 3 large cloves of garlic, I added 1 teaspoon of salt, instead of just a 1/2 teasp., plus I added 1-(10-oz.) can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes, and had to add 1-(14.5 oz.) can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, as that's what I had on hand, so when it came to adding the water, I only added 2-1/2 cups. Both cans of tomatoes w/the green chilies made for a 'hot' and 'spicy' soup, which my hubby and I both enjoyed. I also couldn't believe my hubby also added some Tabasco to the soup. Next time tho, I'm going to just add the 2-(10-oz.) cans of Ro-Tel, to tame down the soup. I decided if my hubby's going to add Tabasco to the soup, I figured I'd just cut back on the heat just a bit. One other thing I did different... I had to use a jar of Traditional-Style Spaghetti Sauce, (Ragu's of course) as that's what I had in my pantry, and when it came to simmering the soup, I covered the pot, and simmered it exactly for 22 minutes, to cook the spaghetti all the way thru. Debbie, I found this soup made a few more servings...for us, about 7-8. Debbie, thank you for posting this recipe. Hubby and I loved it!!

I like what you did to the recipe. Thanks for sharing your changes.