TGIFriday 2/17/2012 What's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Going to work early. DD will be making salad topped with tuna and hard boiled eggs.

Any plans?

Embryodad

DD is over cleaning floors, and she and DW are in a pi$$in Match over how and what to use on the floors.
The house smells like a Sanitorium with Lysol soap all over the place.

I already made a egg and hot pepper and cheese on a bagel for lunch. No one else wanted anything.....So Be It!

I want minute steak sammiches on buttered toast for supper.
I have no clue what the "Theys" will want.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Jimmy, my condolences. It sounds like an estrogen battle going on at your house.:yum::yum: I remember those days when the two girls still lived here, and they were at each others throats as well as their mother's. I would just grab my son and the dog and head to the river to go fishing till the sun went down, and let the three of them battle it out.

Anyway, it looks like breakfast for dinner unless "she who must be obeyed" calls with different plans. (I still know my place after almost 40 years of incarceration.)

Today I picked up the Sopressata from my buddy that we made last month. It still needs some additional drying time so I hung it in the attic of the garage where I have good air flow. I could have killed him for squeezing the sausage and deforming it. I guess the old Italians did that so it would dry sooner for them. Now it's going to look like crap when I slice it and plate it. I told him to leave mine round, as I didn't care how long it would take to dry. Presentation is everything. Next time I'll just make it myself and do it my way. Damn Romanian just wouldn't listen.

Sopressata021712.jpg

Leni

Leftovers. I've got to stop making so much every time I cook. Tonight it will corned beef and also stuffed cabbage.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
sounds like me & my Mom, jimmy. 5 minutes, & we're @ it, bickering & snipping @ each other over absolutely nothing. 5 minutes after that, we're hugging & i'm saying 'i luv u, i'm sorry. can i have $50.' 'huh!!!!! u have your own money!' then we bicker again. it's a woman thing.

anyhow, i'm finally home today. so it is~ real food! i'm so hungry now after a few days of chasing my niece & playing, i can't get enough food in, so something good! fattening! homemade!
i'm making cod w/ spinach & crumbs for the bartender so maybe i'll make myself a piece, too. def. a side of pesto angelhair, broccoli & maybe carrots, or green beenz. i haven't dined on a veggie in 3 days! vivaloe to drink.

Embryodad

Jimmy, my condolences. It sounds like an estrogen battle going on at your house.:yum::yum: I remember those days when the two girls still lived here, and they were at each others throats as well as their mother's. I would just grab my son and the dog and head to the river to go fishing till the sun went down, and let the three of them battle it out.

Anyway, it looks like breakfast for dinner unless "she who must be obeyed" calls with different plans. (I still know my place after almost 40 years of incarceration.)

Today I picked up the Sopressata from my buddy that we made last month. It still needs some additional drying time so I hung it in the attic of the garage where I have good air flow. I could have killed him for squeezing the sausage and deforming it. I guess the old Italians did that so it would dry sooner for them. Now it's going to look like crap when I slice it and plate it. I told him to leave mine round, as I didn't care how long it would take to dry. Presentation is everything. Next time I'll just make it myself and do it my way. Damn Romanian just wouldn't listen.

Sopressata021712.jpg
Thanks Joe... OMG it was so funny..
I went outside (nice day) and changed the accessory belt on DD's Truck..and did her oil.
Not everything went easy, but I didn't complain or bang out babbling s o b 's out at an inatimate object.

Like I try and tell the girls.... What good does arguing and wasting so much time on spilled milk. Just wipe it up and carry on. L O L ...

The sopressata surely looks good.

I would be up in the attic with a knife..a piece of provalone, and a hunk of bread..and a thermo's full of wine,,and I'd be all set!

Actually...my Gradfather would have a clean 1/2 " dowel, and he would lay that down...then place the salami lengthwise on top the dowel, and another dowel on top lengthwise..and he would press downward gently.
When the sopressata was later dried, and cut...each slice looked like a letter 8 .
Now I know why he possibly did that! To speed up drying....I guess?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I would be up in the attic with a knife..a piece of provalone, and a hunk of bread..and a thermo's full of wine,,and I'd be all set!

Me and my twin brother used to cut big chunks off of the old man's hanging smoked bacon in the attic. Got my ass whooped many times for doing that...but I kept coming back.:yum:

Actually...my Gradfather would have a clean 1/2 " dowel, and he would lay that down...then place the salami lengthwise on top the dowel, and another dowel on top lengthwise..and he would press downward gently.
When the sopressata was later dried, and cut...each slice looked like a letter 8 .
Now I know why he possibly did that! To speed up drying....I guess?
These sausages look like a figure eight. He just squeezed them in his hand. No patience...like eating undercooked pasta...yuk!

Embryodad

Today was Sammiches Day! I don't know why, but maybe because DW bought a vaiety of rolls and bagels.

Breakfast / Lunch time..so so..I made myself a nice egg and cheese with Hot Peppers on a toasted Bagel.
DW wasn't in the mood for eggs.

Supper was Minute steak s on nice rolls.
I fried the steaks salted...then after they were all fried..I put them back in the fry pan with a little worchestershire and beevy..and a nice lump of butter.
I simmered them for about 15 minutes...and then made the sammiches on buttered egg Knot Rolls with coarse ground black pepper.

049101f1.jpg

Dipped the sammies in the au-ju.
OMG...Sheer heavenly Goodness.

ea741457.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well when I got to work (I went in 2 hours early) I found out that the company bought pizza for the day and night crew as a reward for a good job. So I got 2 sausage slices for lunch. When we were leaving one of the leads said take a pie home there so much left over. So I came home with a whole plain pizza. Pretty good pizza.

Embryodad

Well when I got to work (I went in 2 hours early) I found out that the company bought pizza for the day and night crew as a reward for a good job. So I got 2 sausage slices for lunch. When we were leaving one of the leads said take a pie home there so much left over. So I came home with a whole plain pizza. Pretty good pizza.
Pizza to me is a Great Reward peep...
Good Job!

I remember in work (when I went into management) they ordered like 12 pies all different kinds for a working lunch doing accounts receivables.....and it was only for like 10 people total.
There was like 4 complete pies and some with one or two slices left...
It sat there till going home time... No one wanted to take it, and they were ready to trash it.
I grabbed two pies, and actually no one wanted to take it home.
I brought the other two and stuck them in the other departments area refrigerator.

I couldn't wait to heat some up, and the kids were like..WOW...DAD Pizza...Yay!

I love reheated pizza...but I found there were a lot of people who didn't.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I like fresh pizza and reheated pizza. We sometimes add a few more toppings and put it back into oven until crust is nice and.crunchy.

Growing up, Friday night was family pizza night. Always homemade, everybody helped make it, after we were done, family night, no tv just games.

Cooking,vaping - its all about the smell and the taste!!

Embryodad

I like fresh pizza and reheated pizza. We sometimes add a few more toppings and put it back into oven until crust is nice and.crunchy.

Growing up, Friday night was family pizza night. Always homemade, everybody helped make it, after we were done, family night, no tv just games.

Ahhhhhhhh....Yeahhhhhh!...
I know the Scene all too well!

Mr. Green Jeans

Friday night was pizza night @ the MJG household as well Bam. We noshed on a WW crust pie with pesto, grilled chicken breast and sauteed portobello slices.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pizza to me is a Great Reward peep...
Good Job!

I remember in work (when I went into management) they ordered like 12 pies all different kinds for a working lunch doing accounts receivables.....and it was only for like 10 people total.
There was like 4 complete pies and some with one or two slices left...
It sat there till going home time... No one wanted to take it, and they were ready to trash it.
I grabbed two pies, and actually no one wanted to take it home.
I brought the other two and stuck them in the other departments area refrigerator.

I couldn't wait to heat some up, and the kids were like..WOW...DAD Pizza...Yay!

I love reheated pizza...but I found there were a lot of people who didn't.
I had the 2 sausage slices COLD for breakfast. I managed to get 2 to take home. I had forgotten that I grabbed them for a co-worker who took lunch late then didn't want them. So I stuck them in a plastic bag and put them in my bag with my fan and stuck them in the fridge when I got home. I remembered them this morning. It tasted like sausage bread. The crust wasn't that fantastic. BUT the sausage was EXCELLENT quality. I like cold pizza.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i only like my pizza from non-chain, mom-&-pop or higher-end places, fresh. i have re-heated quickly in a CI skillet, tho. wasn't the same, the cuts get too brown & same for the cheese.

i forewent the cooking. went to the bar to see if the bartender was on, & stayed to chit-chat. even tho i'd say i wasn't thirsty, no thanx, i'm not much a drinker now, i'd leave my place @ the bar & there'd be a shotglass glass in wait when i returned. the friggin bartender gave me a double of my fave top-shelf alkie-hol, too, sans $$. plus she gave me an adorable lunchbox. she just gave me a lipgloss keychain. i fixed her bad hair day. she comped me. so finally i decided jager & pinnacle sounded better than food.

Last edited:
Yesterday was my birthday, so hubby took me out to a little French bistro I'd been wanting to try.

Had "Escargot in Garlic Butter" (with crusty French Bread, of course), "Bavette of Beef Frites with Bearnaise Sauce", & "Chocolate Mousse". Hubby had "Prince Edward Island Mussels Provencale", "Salmon with Hollaindaise Sauce" with mixed vegetables & potato croquettes, & a frozen mousse truffle medley.
:)

Embryodad

Yesterday was my birthday, so hubby took me out to a little French bistro I'd been wanting to try.

Had "Escargot in Garlic Butter" (with crusty French Bread, of course), "Bavette of Beef Frites with Bearnaise Sauce", & "Chocolate Mousse". Hubby had "Prince Edward Island Mussels Provencale", "Salmon with Hollaindaise Sauce" with mixed vegetables & potato croquettes, & a frozen mousse truffle medley.
:)
Well.... Happy Birthday Girl!

Hope you had a great day!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
ugh, i hafta broil some fish i have prepped & that's nearly ready (not putting the buttered crumbs on until the last minute or 2) & get scrubbed/lipsticked as fast as that fish cooks. 5-7 minutes. this is gonna be a good one. i know she's already griping that i haven't showed yet. i'd better get a strong drink or 5 for this.

ugh, i hafta broil some fish i have prepped & that's nearly ready (not putting the buttered crumbs on until the last minute or 2) & get scrubbed/lipsticked as fast as that fish cooks. 5-7 minutes. this is gonna be a good one. i know she's already griping that i haven't showed yet. i'd better get a strong drink or 5 for this.

Uh, "luvs", sweetheart - this is FRIDAY'S dinner thread. Today is SATURDAY. Are you already having cocktails? Lol!