The "Breakfast" thread

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i woke (again), lol, so @ 5:52 it's my brekkie time (i keep odd hours) i am thinking of putting the gorgeous slice of melon i got into the freezer & indulgin on some of that!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Mama, if you owned a restaurant and offered that on your menu, I'd call it Mama's Sunshine Breakfast.
It's perfection, delicious and very pretty to look at.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thank you Sass. I have always thought that you eat with your eyes first so I try to make it look nice.

Embryodad

All the breakfast dishes look great!

I think I will whip up a batch of Yeast Raised Waffle batter.

Gonna treat Momma "T" to Belgian or regular waffles this morning.
Oh Don't cha worry... Jimmy will be there with Bib In Place!

I'm still up cuz I'm on "Metric Time".... ( thats the Senior Time Zone )..It's a little of Twilight Zone and Un-Real Time all mixed into One!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That's really nice of you Jimmy!

I made a nice brunch today. We had a breakfast scramble (eggs, 5 kinds of cheese, ham, green and red bell peppers, mushrooms, chives and parsley), hash browns and a fruit bowl (watermelon, strawberries, pineapple and oranges) with honey wheat toast.

Attachments

• breakfast06012011.jpg
    breakfast06012011.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 248

Embryodad

I made a nice brunch today. We had a breakfast scramble (eggs, 5 kinds of cheese, ham, green and red bell peppers, mushrooms, chives and parsley), hash browns and a fruit bowl (watermelon, strawberries, pineapple and oranges) with honey wheat toast.

Nice brunch Mama... The 5 cheese with the eggs is a first heard for me! I'm usually trying to figure out which cheese to use. See..I learn every day. Thank You!

Well, the waffles was a nice jesture and I was ready with the batter...But, and you know those Buts... But daughter came over and needed a ride to work, and she was all freaking out.
The transmission is slipping on her truck. Engine light came on too; so that in a way is good. It will tell what component is malfunctioning.

Dad's not crawling under the cars anymore..so We had to get in for service, and rent her a car.

So with all that done between 8 and 10...all is quiet on the metric front.

Maybe for lunch the waffles??? Wrong... GD called and asked G'ma if she would please take her for lunch. She forgot her money for lunch from school, and the iou is filled to the 25.00 max. Dad will pay that soon I hope.

Waffles for supper???? I don't know. It's in the fire with the rest of the irons.

Nancy-MD

Waffles for supper would be real good Jimmy. Make sausage too! I love to dip it in the syrup.

Another fabulous brekkie, Mama! It looks yummy!

Embryodad

Waffles for supper would be real good Jimmy. Make sausage too! I love to dip it in the syrup.

Another fabulous brekkie, Mama! It looks yummy!
Nancy...I'm a syrup dipper from way back!
I love sausage dipping in the maple syrup.

Just don't let a drop get on the eggs. An An And I can't eat one piece of a egg, anyway, without some bread / toast / or crackers.
My wife will sit there and chew eggs over medium and after eating the eggs, she will dip a 1/2 a slice of toast in the yolk!... Half the yolk she leaves in the dish too,and the kicker is...she will eat eggs C O L D !!! Yuuuk!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Beautiful Mama!! BTW are those frozen hash browns or from scratch? If scratch do you grate them on a box grater large grate side or a food processor grater?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thank you everyone! Peepers, I buy big boxes of dehydrated hash browns at Sam's and I keep them in the pantry. They are 50 serving cartons. I put the amount I want in a glass bowl, cover with water, microwave on 2 minutes and drain. They are really handy to have around.

Attachments

• hashbrowns.jpg
    hashbrowns.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 133

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
WOW Mama!! LOL Ok I don't shop at Sams club (hub - don't ask LOL). Do they sell that at a regular supermarket maybe frozen?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I don't know. They wouldn't be in the freezer section though....if anything, they would be with the boxed potatoes. BJ's and/or Costco may carry them. They're less than $5 a box at Sam's and a box will last a long time.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I don't know. They wouldn't be in the freezer section though....if anything, they would be with the boxed potatoes. BJ's and/or Costco may carry them. They're less than $5 a box at Sam's and a box will last a long time.
OK I was just wondering if there was a fresh/frozen version. I don't shop at any of those big bulk stores - no room to store large amounts in pantry or freezer.

Carolina Cooking

OK I was just wondering if there was a fresh/frozen version. I don't shop at any of those big bulk stores - no room to store large amounts in pantry or freezer.

Ore Ida has them. They are frozen. I used to make a breakfast casserole with them. This place does things to me :bonk: now I want some.

seems to me I have seen them in bags & patties. the work is done for you.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i hafta be somewhere @ 8:30; if we don't get food there i'll see if she'll take me 2 wendy's, huh?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Breakfast for dinner tonight

Over easy eggs, fried potatoes and onions, buttered toast and tomato salad (vine tomatoes, slivered fresh garlic, basil chiffonade, extra virgin olive oil, ground sea salt and ground peppercorns).

060211_eggs_tomato_salad.jpg

Several people have asked how I cook my eggs so I got some pictures tonight.

Heat pan on medium, melt butter, swirl to coat pan, crack eggs into pan.

060211_eggs_1.jpg

Make sure eggs move freely, break membrane in whites around yolk and spread so whites fully set and cook.

060211_eggs_2.jpg

Flip and turn heat off, swirl eggs in pan, flip again onto plate.

060211_eggs_3.jpg

Embryodad

Over easy eggs, fried potatoes and onions, buttered toast and tomato salad (vine tomatoes, slivered fresh garlic, basil chiffonade, extra virgin olive oil, ground sea salt and ground peppercorns).

060211_eggs_1.jpg

Make sure eggs move freely, break membrane in whites around yolk and spread so whites fully set and cook.

060211_eggs_2.jpg

060211_eggs_3.jpg
WoW! I do the same thing with the whites.
Poor Tina does it too, but she usually hits the yolk. LOL
Once that happens...its like humpty dumpty..hahahahahahaha

Oh! Just a note... I also will after the flip to cook the whites fully...I have a needle in a cork in the drawer...I prick a small hole in the center of the yolk, and that will guarantee that the yoke will come out soft but the whites cooke really good.
It allows the steam in the yolk protective covering to escape so that the yolk doesn't cook fast.

God forbid...you only have Two Eggs...and Mia wants those eggs cooked over medium, and one breaks*&&^#%$*^&() OMG she pools a mega fit!!! LOL..AND..if Mommy is the Yolk Breaker Lady; forget it! Dad gets away with it, but NOT MOMMY!!! LOL

Embryodad

I forgot to add this...

When I have a demand for like 8 eggs to cook for say like 4 people, and they all want over medium eggs... I cook them all before the %$#&*^ Hits the fan.
I set them aside, and just as they sit down...I pierce the center of each yolk...then stick them in the microwave in two's (two eggs at a time) for 10 seconds...and you would think the eggs were just slid out of the pan.
I could not believe it!!!!

And...the yolk does not run out..the hole seals up for some reason...LOL LOL LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I forgot to add this...

When I have a demand for like 8 eggs to cook for say like 4 people, and they all want over medium eggs... I cook them all before the %$#&*^ Hits the fan.
I set them aside, and just as they sit down...I pierce the center of each yolk...then stick them in the microwave in two's (two eggs at a time) for 10 seconds...and you would think the eggs were just slid out of the pan.

And...the yolk does not run out..the hole seals up for some reason...LOL LOL LOL
Nice tip Jimmy thanks.

Nancy-MD

Thank you everyone! Peepers, I buy big boxes of dehydrated hash browns at Sam's and I keep them in the pantry. They are 50 serving cartons. I put the amount I want in a glass bowl, cover with water, microwave on 2 minutes and drain. They are really handy to have around.
Shut up! I must look for those when I next go to Sam's! I hope they carry them at my Sam's. What a great thing to have on hand. Thanks for sharing that with us Mama.

060211_eggs_1.jpg

060211_eggs_2.jpg

060211_eggs_3.jpg
My mouth is watering!
I forgot to add this...

That's pretty ingenious Jimmy.