lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Hello

welcome.jpg

KKsMom

Blond Member
Re: Happy Birthday Blondie

Thank you everybody for your birthday wishes!!!! My day was great!! I couldn't have asked for a better birthday .... well, minus the deaths of Micheal and Farrah :(

butterflygazer

Meet Butterflygazer...

I am 23 yrs old. I am married and have 2 boys ages 20mths and 5mths. My mother-in-law is Lifesaver91958 and she helped me get to this website. I dont know how to cook. I have always ate my moms food and now i am on my own I dont know how to cook for my husband and boys. My birthday wish is to have money and go shopping with alot of girl friends

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Re: Meet Butterflygazer...

Hey, you will be cooking in no time, if you stick around here, lol

2qwz9ky.gif

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Welcome! Sounds like you have your hands full with those two boys. As for cooking, there's everything on here from quick & easy to gourmet with lots of pic's to inspire. Have fun.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Welcome, Butterflygazer. Nice to have you here. If there is a meal that you would like to make for your family, just let us know what it is and we will coach you along every step of the way. You will be amazing your family in no time. :chef:

butterflygazer

Welcome, Butterflygazer. Nice to have you here. If there is a meal that you would like to make for your family, just let us know what it is and we will coach you along every step of the way. You will be amazing your family in no time. :chef:

I want to know how to make an Egg omelet?

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Glad you are here!

Jim

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

welcome aboard...

want to learn how to make a an omelette like in the picture?..get a good non stick frying pan,lots of eggs,lots of butter and cooking spray...and practice

Biskit

I want to know how to make an Egg omelet?

If you can scramble eggs, you're halfway there! I always use 3 eggs and whip in some milk, or half and half, until there're no yellow streaks. Dump that in a pan on medium heat and cook until it sets. While doing that, I round up the ingredients. Might be chopped onions and some left over burger that's been browned and partially heated in the microwave. String that down the middle, put your cheese on and let it begin melting, fold over and slide it off onto a plate.
I dunno, :shrug: that's the way I do it.

butterflygazer

If you can scramble eggs, you're halfway there! I always use 3 eggs and whip in some milk, or half and half, until there're no yellow streaks. Dump that in a pan on medium heat and cook until it sets. While doing that, I round up the ingredients. Might be chopped onions and some left over burger that's been browned and partially heated in the microwave. String that down the middle, put your cheese on and let it begin melting, fold over and slide it off onto a plate.
I dunno, :shrug: that's the way I do it.

i know that part. :agree: I just cant fold it right. it falls apart.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

I always coat the bottom and sides of the non-stick pan with butter and let the egg mixture cook until it's ALMOST finished cooking. I then take a spatula and slide it along the pan's edge to get under the eggs, then gently, but firmly, flip the eggs over onto themself. I make two folds of the eggs so it's like folding a letter. I then cover the pan for a few minutes to hold the heat in and finish cooking. then tilt the pan and it all should slide right onto the plate. I does take a little practice, but once you get that flip figured out, you get a beautiful omolet. Keep your heat low so the eggs cook slowly. It takes a little longer, but the results are much nicer. The omlet will crack if the eggs are cooked all the way through and they get dried out, that's where your problem might be. there's no flexability to overcooked eggs.

Good luck. I have to get back to work.

Joe

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

Hi Butterfly! I'm so glad you are here and I know we can help you in your quest to learn to cook. Ask all the questions you want and folks here will be happy to help. I just started to learn to cook a couple of years ago so I know it can be overwhelming if you didn't learn while growing up. I know from experience that you can ask anything here and no one will think it's a silly question.

FryBoy

Use a non-stick pan with melted butter or oil. Add the eggs and then after a minute or so add your other ingredients; continue cooking until the top is set and no longer liquidy. Lift the pan, give it a little shake to loosen the omelet, and then tip the pan a bit to slide the omelet onto a serving platter; when it's halfway out, turn the pan over to dump the other half on top of the half that's already on the plate.

Practice makes perfect, and it tastes the same even if it's not.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Hi Butterfly! I'm so glad you are here and I know we can help you in your quest to learn to cook. Ask all the questions you want and folks here will be happy to help. I just started to learn to cook a couple of years ago so I know it can be overwhelming if you didn't learn while growing up. I know from experience that you can ask anything here and no one will think it's a silly question.
Like, why is that hot nun smoking a ciggy? :lol::lol:

FryBoy

BTW, my daughter has two kids 18 months apart. My wife and I were concerned that maybe they didn't know what caused them, but apparently they got that fixed, so to speak.

Anyway, my daughter didn't know diddly about cooking -- she was best at making reservations. However, as the kids grew, she gradually learned to do one thing at a time as their tastes and nutritional needs changed, and now she's pretty good at it. Do the same -- be patient, take your time, learn one thing at a time -- you don't need to learn it all overnight, nor could you.

And make you husband do his share -- if he won't cook inside, encourage him to learn to grill and BBQ. And show him how to load the dishwasher!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

And make you husband do his share -- if he won't cook inside, encourage him to learn to grill and BBQ. And show him how to load the dishwasher!
This is the best suggestion you will ever get!!!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter

Hi Butterfly. We're really glad to see you here with us. Cooking skills take time, and the time spent learning is mostly pleasurable. Enjoy yourself and post often if you can. I know that you are busy with the kids.

Buzz