Wednesday, Feb. 25...anyone eating tonight?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My wife is making herself some chicken, which I don't eat so no telling what I will get.

Derek

Banned
It's 4 pm here and I still have no clue........I need some ideas!

Barb
Well, I'm going to be having some Homemade Hummus, with my homemade bread, and some corn chips for dinner.

You could throw some stew meat into a slow cooker and make a stew or chillie.

Elaine l

Yum homemade hummus! Dinner with the whole clan tonight. I made baked ziti, garlic bread and salad. Someone better be bringing dessert.

chowhound

I made some extra mushroom gravy with my pork chop last night in thought that I might have a hot meatloaf sandwich tonight with mashed potatos.

suziquzie

i took some spaghetti sauce out of the freezer for my 9 year old to make spaghetti for everyone.... with a little supervision.
I'm back to saltines again I feel like chit.
:(

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I defrosted 4 stuffed cabbages and nuked them. Pushing them around the bowl with some of Peter Reinhart's Italian bread from the Bread Baker's Apprentice (pg. 170). Personally, I like my recipe better than his, and not near as much work. The Biga that sat for 2 days didn't add enough pizazz for the effort.

P1010340.jpg

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Wife just gave me a glorified hamburger, you know Salisbury steak, B&M baked beans and oven roasted new potatoes. It works fine for me while she eats that chicken breasts, UGH. :whistling:

Calicolady

Today was farmers' market day and Ash wednesday, so I bought 4 ears of white corn, 4 tomatoes, italian frying peppers, some lemons, 5 beautiful, firm heads of garlic for $1.00! (deal of the day!) and a bunch of asparagus.
I traded the dad 2 tomatoes, 2 corn and the peppers for 2 swordfish steaks. Not a bad deal!
I steamed the asparagus and froze 1/2 of them, cooked the corn and was going to grill one of the steaks and freeze the other, but it seemed silly to mess the grill for one, so I did both with some light EVOO and rub of a cajun, BBQ dry spice concoction, and of all days to be gultonous, I ate both! Bad me! (they were about 6 oz. each)
That left little room for the rest. I had 1/2 an ear of corn, and a few asparagus. But I love left-over cold corn. So maybe that's tomorrow's breakfast. LOL!

heb1976

Low Calorie Chicken Fettucine:

PA160525-1.jpg

ok i am not one to like broccoli "in" anything - i like it by iteself - but that looks really good!!!

and i had elbow macaroni with melted butter in it and parmesan sprinkled over top. Hubby made himself some chili and I didn't want to waste the rest of the macaroni. It was nasty - but it filled me up. I will have a cup of soup pretty soon.

Bite size shrimp dinner from Captain D's - had a hankering for the shrimp, and need to remind myself every now and again just why it is that I don't eat there....

Fred