Sunday 3/18/2012 What's the plan?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am planning Itailan sweet sausage, multi colored bell peppers, onions and tomato. I have small Trader Joe's ciabatta rolls which can be used to make a sandwich or to dip in the juice. Plus a mixed salad.

What's your plan?

Guts

I've been buying these at Costco and will probably have them on the side with some cottage cheese. Maybe some can corn and fruit cocktail for dinner.

Attachments

• chicken, artichoke, garlic, mozzarella sausage 009.jpg
    chicken, artichoke, garlic, mozzarella sausage 009.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 118

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I made 5-1/2 quarts of sauce yesterday, and kept back some for dinner today. Just not sure how it will be used. Maybe I'll get some inspiration at the Super Wal-Mart. DD & Alexa are here, so maybe they'll have an idea.

GotGarlic

I have some pork shoulder steaks that need to be cooked. Yesterday, I made Rick Bayless's pickled red onions and thawed some tomatillo salsa I made last fall. I'm going to brown the steaks and simmer them in the salsa, then pull the meat and make tacos out of it, with the pickled onions, lettuce, sour cream and cheese. I also have some tamales in the freezer that I made in January; we'll have those alongside.

Embryodad

I really have to look and see..
I'm all corn beef'd out for now. I have some ground beef so I may just make some fried meatballs to eat with macaroni's and Zucchini which I just found hidden away in the crisper drawer.

DW took a trip to PA to see her aunt...so I guess it's Cook For Me Today!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
It's Chicken Parm & s'ghetti with a salad. Everyone wants the sauce (gravy) I made yesterday. I have to admit, it's pretty darn tasty with the neck bones and sausage in it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thawing a pkg. of turkey burger- that may well be made into a spicy burger w/ an egg, maybe cheese, spicy mayo, etc; no bread, i'm not hungry enough 4 that..... salad or another veg. maybe i'll cut/season some fries, too.
i hafta begin ingesting my london broil, so maybe that, too, & a few other fridge goodies early. or really late.
ugh, i was w/ a bug i couldn't shake for quite some time, so noshing these last few days is sweet! a luxury~

Embryodad

thawing a pkg. of turkey burger- that may well be made into a spicy burger w/ an egg, maybe cheese, spicy mayo, etc; no bread, i'm not hungry enough 4 that..... salad or another veg. maybe i'll cut/season some fries, too.
i hafta begin ingesting my london broil, so maybe that, too, & a few other fridge goodies early. or really late.
ugh, i was w/ a bug i couldn't shake for quite some time, so noshing these last few days is sweet! a luxury~
Awww! Hope yer bug is kicked the bucket luvs...

I thought I had a bug last week.. The stomack and intestines were squishing and fluttering so loud..hahaha they kept me awake.
Just drank tea and ate lite. Well...lighter than normal anyways!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Feel better luvie!!

Awww! Hope yer bug is kicked the bucket luvs...

I thought I had a bug last week.. The stomack and intestines were squishing and fluttering so loud..hahaha they kept me awake.
Just drank tea and ate lite. Well...lighter than normal anyways!
That's how I have been feeling Jimmy. Stomach pains like crazy. I feel like a Queen I have been sitting on the throne so much!!

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, jimmy & peepz. we'll see. jimmy & peepz, i know @ least here in pittsburgh & the suburbs of western pa, too, ther're bugs all about. so many people ill.

get well soon, peepz!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I feel your pain. Luvs. I had a virus that took 4 full weeks to shake. After that long it really feels good to feel good.

The gran baby is napping and dinner is ready for the oven so it's time for a pre-dinner snack of Sopressata and a few peanuts.

Supersotsnack031812.jpg

Embryodad

I feel your pain. Luvs. I had a virus that took 4 full weeks to shake. After that long it really feels good to feel good.

The gran baby is napping and dinner is ready for the oven so it's time for a pre-dinner snack of Sopressata and a few peanuts.

Supersotsnack031812.jpg
OOooo! ...D R O O L !!!

Nice and lean Joe!...and I don't mean the peanuts!

Embryodad

I made a nice Supichella....

Green onions / carrots / celery / Zuchini / hunks of Pecorino Romano / tomato pieces / a Garlic clove....
.....................with Small Italian ( spoon sized ) pre-baked Meatballs.

I will have mine with white rice the way my Gram used to make for me when I was little!
And of course with lots of grated cheese on top! Y U M !

Embryodad

Feel better luvie!!

That's how I have been feeling Jimmy. Stomach pains like crazy. I feel like a Queen I have been sitting on the throne so much!!
Hope you get to feeling better peep.

I normally don't get pains in the lower tract..unless a seed or something gets stuck in the lower intestines ( Diverticulosus ) !

It just hung on for a couple days, and Oh Yeah! .... Lots of Flushes! hahahaha

I did notice it happened the day after I ate at Bensi's and had Sausage with BroccoliRab. It was good, but who knows if the broccoli was with some ecoli or virus.
Not the Bensi's fault, but you never know!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

Supersotsnack031812.jpg
geez, that's not good, joe! hope you're better now..... 4 weeks w/ any bug is 4 weeks toooo many! you're so correct: it sure is great to get some relief after an ail!
& that sopressata looks delicious--

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter

Sorry you've been sick - that london broil sounds so good but alas I've got a bug invading my sinuses & can't smell or taste anything. Haven't eaten for 2 days but I managed to get out of bed this morning & threw a pork shoulder roast into the crockpot for pulled pork sandwiches & cole slaw for tonight. I'm glad somebody else will be able to enjoy it!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry you've been sick - that london broil sounds so good but alas I've got a bug invading my sinuses & can't smell or taste anything. Haven't eaten for 2 days but I managed to get out of bed this morning & threw a pork shoulder roast into the crockpot for pulled pork sandwiches & cole slaw for tonight. I'm glad somebody else will be able to enjoy it!

poor thing! thanx, rickismom. looks like half the forums got ill. dietz & watson london broil is my fave deli meat. try & have something; it was food i was so blah toward that oddly enough got me better. it gave me some strength when i finally woke so hungry. rest well now, shake that bug!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Supersotsnack031812.jpg
YUM! :bounce::bounce:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Italian sweet sausage (large crumbles browned out of the casing), multi colored bell peppers (yellow, orange, red and green), onions, fresh garlic and canned whole peeled tomatoes and seasoning) served with ciabatta rolls. And a mixed salad (red & green butter lettuce, spring mix wild baby field greens, shredded red & green cabbage, grated carrot, sliced mushroom cap, alfalfa sprouts, vine tomato, roasted sliced almonds, McCormick Perfect Pinch and black olives) dressed with Good Seasons Basil vinaigrette.

031812_sausage_peppers_onions_P1090416.jpg

Embryodad

Italian sweet sausage (large crumbles browned out of the casing), multi colored bell peppers (yellow, orange, red and green), onions, fresh garlic and canned whole peeled tomatoes and seasoning) served with ciabatta rolls. And a mixed salad (red & green butter lettuce, spring mix wild baby field greens, shredded red & green cabbage, grated carrot, sliced mushroom cap, alfalfa sprouts, vine tomato, roasted sliced almonds, McCormick Perfect Pinch and black olives) dressed with Good Seasons Basil vinaigrette.

031812_sausage_peppers_onions_P1090416.jpg
Wow!... The peppers look so good peep!..

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Changed the pasta to penne so Alexa could use her little fork and fingers to pick it up.

Dinner031812.jpg

Alexa031812-1.jpg

Jimmy, the "super sot" was made from 95% lean butts, pre-trimmed from the wholesaler. We then trimmed out the silver skin and then ground it. It's a good thing I sharpen my own knives, because the sausage is really hard. I try to slice it as thin as possible, and you need a heavy, sharp knife to do it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
okay. now blake is @ the hippie/goth bar. (odd combo, huh) sigh. he just invited me. i suppose 1 drink should be okay. i really would like wings. looks like i'm going there! later.......

Embryodad

Changed the pasta to penne so Alexa could use her little fork and fingers to pick it up.

Dinner031812.jpg

Alexa031812-1.jpg

Jimmy, the "super sot" was made from 95% lean butts, pre-trimmed from the wholesaler. We then trimmed out the silver skin and then ground it. It's a good thing I sharpen my own knives, because the sausage is really hard. I try to slice it as thin as possible, and you need a heavy, sharp knife to do it.
That's the way I like it! There is only one place where I get my sopressata, and I grew up with eating it. It is the closest to my Grandfathers...and He admitted it himself; which is rare.

http://www.murazzimeats.com/

They don't sell on line..but they have two stores now! I grew up with the one son, and he was always Peeved when he had to go make the lunchmeats.
When his dad called him....he ran to work. Even though the bases were loaded, and he was up to bat. hahaha.... The Sausage came First! ... or He'd be chopped meat! LOL
Yes! Be Careful when slicing it when it's hard cure! I won't even let my daughter cut it!

The little one is so cute eating her macaroni's.... God Bless Her!

GotGarlic

Pork tacos simmered in homemade, home-grown tomatillo-jalapeno salsa, with homemade pickled onions and homemade tamales. Salsa and tamales were in the freezer, so it was a pretty easy dinner.

Attachments

• pork-tacos-homemade-salsa-onions-tamales.jpg
    pork-tacos-homemade-salsa-onions-tamales.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 85

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pork tacos simmered in homemade, home-grown tomatillo-jalapeno salsa, with homemade pickled onions and homemade tamales. Salsa and tamales were in the freezer, so it was a pretty easy dinner.
That looks good GG. I love tamales but no place around here to get good ones.