Sunday Supper 7/1/2012?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Another scorcher today.....they're predicting 105° but it's ALWAYS a few degrees hotter here. No cooking today. We'll be having rotisserie chicken on top of a nice cool salad. I dread seeing next months electric bill :sad:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I am going out to eat, if I can find a place that doesn't have a line a mile long!

Since Friday's bad storms here- every single place in town has been packed because of neighbouring cities losing power.

I don't know, I may just hit the grocery store and get some cold salads from the deli and fresh baked bread.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we're s'possed to get on over to the regatta later, & i know blake is craving a gyro. i wouldn't mind drinking a gallon of tzaztiki plain. this weather!
naw, maybe a cheeseburger for me~

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We took a ride out to PA today. Witnessed/drove through 2 AMZING storms (1 in PA and 1 in NJ). Not really feeling well or feel like eating. We stopped at Cracker Barrel but wasn't feeling so great. I had 2 HUGE ice water, a large tomato juice, cup of coffee and a small side of grits. I got a chef salad to go but not feeling like eating. Having dehydrationnn problems and feeling nausea from the heat/humidity.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Fresh tomatoes from the garden.

180263_3371204207776_2026543877_n.jpg

399414_3371205687813_49762526_n.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Wow LS, now that looks good!
Ended up going to Cabo for a Taco salad and iced tea x2.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I worked outside all day today, so this this chicken & rice casserole with steamed veggies and salad was made by DW & DS.

Dinner070112.jpg

Embryodad

Today was a no cooking for us day!

I did do up a tray of baked ziti, but it was a take to a Graduation Party next door.

I went to the great party, but Tina was not feeling well; trying to breath and coughing warranted her staying home nice and quiet.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Got back to my neck of the woods after a jaunt to the 757, normally a 3-4 hour trip. . . . took a little under 8hours. Cooking quickly became an idea, not a reality.

Reality became a Memphis BBQ Sammich from Burger King( so fancy, right?), but it was actually pretty darned tasty!

I am not one to frequent Fast Food places, but I gotta say, the BK by my condo, is always picture perfect: the whoppers look like the ones you see in commercials, the produce is always crisp/fresh, tomatoes are ripe and thick cut, and just great. . . as far as fast food is concerned.

Embryodad

Everyones food looks good, and the sound goods I would imagine were good too!

Just tying to keep cool, and hydrated.

DW de-hydrayted the other day when we were at the Home Depot. I told her to drink water, but she didn't listen. She later suffered with massive leg and foot cramps.

Today, I brought her some pretzels and potato chips to replenish her sodium in her body.

Cannot stand the heat...Snow, please send snow!!

Embryodad

Got back to my neck of the woods after a jaunt to the 757, normally a 3-4 hour trip. . . . took a little under 8hours. Cooking quickly became an idea, not a reality.

Reality became a Memphis BBQ Sammich from Burger King( so fancy, right?), but it was actually pretty darned tasty!

I am not one to frequent Fast Food places, but I gotta say, the BK by my condo, is always picture perfect: the whoppers look like the ones you see in commercials, the produce is always crisp/fresh, tomatoes are ripe and thick cut, and just great. . . as far as fast food is concerned.
U R ...I have noticed that too! Whether it be BK or Wendy's or whatever. There is always a rotten burger at some FF places, and some a great one.
Same with the fries!

It is rare that we eat FFood, but sometimes it is like we get the shakes to have one ASAP.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Cannot stand the heat...Snow, please send snow!!
Jimmy, if I could I would.
Please remind me of this weather next winter when I moan about the cold..:dizzy:

Speaking of fast food and sannies.. I recently had an ArbyQ.. not bad really.
The thing about fast food sandwiches is they don't look like they are touted to be on telly ads.

Three that never let me down.
A Big Mac or the premium crispy chicken club.
A&W has the Papa burger that I adore.

Embryodad

Jimmy, if I could I would.
Please remind me of this weather next winter when I moan about the cold..:dizzy:

Speaking of fast food and sannies.. I recently had an ArbyQ.. not bad really.
The thing about fast food sandwiches is they don't look like they are touted to be on telly ads.

Three that never let me down.
A Big Mac or the premium crispy chicken club.
A&W has the Papa burger that I adore.
Ha Ha Ha ..... It's typical for us to complain about the weather.

Today when I went next door to the Grad Party, I dawned my big winter coat, and my skull cap, and winter gloves...
I carried the baked ziti over, and when I turned the corner...the people that were there looked and had to do a double take!
I just said, " I'm dressed for the snow, and maybe this will speed it up!"

LOL...it was so funny. At the same time Stupid too!!!...

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Today when I went next door to the Grad Party, I dawned my big winter coat, and my skull cap, and winter gloves...
I carried the baked ziti over, and when I turned the corner...the people that were there looked and had to do a double take!
I just said, " I'm dressed for the snow, and maybe this will speed it up!"

LOL...it was so funny. At the same time Stupid too!!!...

Now that is too funny!!! :biggrin:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
got lamb dolmades @ the regatta w/ (too thin) hummus & pita. snowcone cup from a snack vendor, & a lemonade w/ fruit slices in it.

Attachments

• dolmades.jpg
    dolmades.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0691362.jpg
    IMG_0691362.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 183