What is on the menu for 5-25?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Due to heavy thunder storms in our area I won't be grilling or smoking anything this time. We also aren't expecting any company today so it is just my wife and I tonight. So yesterday we picked up a nice flank steak so I sliced it down half of in to thin slices and I'm marinating it in oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, Sriracha, garlic and ginger. I also coated the meat in corn starch before going into the marinate. So tonight I will stir fry it with some green onions, ginger, red pepper flakes, some chilies and broccoli florets with a side of long grain brown fried rice. The fried rice will have eggs, yellow onion, bean sprouts, grated carrots, chopped green onion, green peas, chopped celery, minced garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
i put a briskit on today. not sure on sides yet, it's up to the guys to say what they want.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
We're grilling all beef franks to go with boston baked beans and krinkle cut french fries. I'm going to insist on an ice cream cone for dessert.

I also plan to fry some meatballs to go with the leftover gravy from last weekend. They are quite spoiled around here...seems I'm the only one who can eat pasta without meatballs...

Love2"Q"

not entirely sure ..
if my FIL is coming over then it will be hot dogs and hamburgers
with baked beans and tater salad ..
if not .. then ny strips with baked beans and tater salad ..

homecook

Abts, 7-layer dip, ribs, pasta salad, bbq beans and corn on the cob. I'm also making an apple/pear crisp. I think Heather is making cookies.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
i put a briskit on today. not sure on sides yet, it's up to the guys to say what they want.

You 'n Me, Texas !!

I've got a big'un marinating under a Kung Pao concoction;

365301207.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Dry rubbed spare ribs, some Smith's hor dogs and split broilers are in the smoker. I'll finish them on the grill with some SBR sauce later. Made a loaf of Italian Herb No-knead bread and will have some seasoned dipping oil for it. It's coming out of the oven in ten minutes. We'll have a cheese assortment, crackers and a veggie with dip for appys. Next door neighbor is bringing her Calico Beans, and other neighbor is bringing a potato dish (TBD). DW has a Light & Fruity Pie for dessert.

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Ribs, potato salad, baked beans and corn on the cob. Homemade strawberry ice cream for dessert. I invited the neighbor that's a single mom with the 3 kids over to eat. Some guy ran a light and totaled her car the other day so she's pretty sore and doesn't have any other transportation.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
You 'n Me, Texas !!

365301207.jpg
images

That sure looks good Lucky-
Sharon has people coming over for
Barbq- Just Hamburgers, Hot dogs and Beans.

Crystal been at the http://www.fanime.com/
San Jose Fanime Convention all weekend.
I am finishing off my project and studing for my finals for Tuesday and Wednesday UG!
images

:harley:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
a "Texican" burger & onion rings from Burger King on my way home. Not sure what "Texican" is but I think it would be disowned by anyone from Texas or Mexico.

chowhound

Wow.... what is that, LT? A Brisket Boil? :lol:
Why not! Great idea and looks fantastic.

Ray. Texican burger? :dizzy:
Never heard of that one on the telly. It must be an overseas thing.

I did think I heard of them working on a Napolean burger for over here though...
It is a bland burger of diminutive size, but wildly self promoted....
:yum::lol::yum:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
You 'n Me, Texas !!

365301207.jpg

Mmmmmm, Lucky that looks fantastic! :thumb:

Got some picnic pork roasts in the crock pot since 8am this morning with a chipotle bbq sauce for pulled pork sandwiches on soft potato rolls, pea salad and who knows what else, lol. Pics to follow when it's all done :smile:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That looks awesome Jeeks!

Here's what we had: I cooked the ribs in the pressure cooker before putting them on the grill. Unfortunately I cooked them a little too long so I had a heck of a time keeping them together once I got them on the grill. The bones kept falling off and into the grill.

P5250584.jpg

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
That looks awesome Jeeks!

Here's what we had: I cooked the ribs in the pressure cooker before putting them on the grill. Unfortunately I cooked them a little too long so I had a heck of a time keeping them together once I got them on the grill. The bones kept falling off and into the grill.

P5250584.jpg

O - M - G, That plate of food is straight from heaven! :a1: and I'm sure it tastes even better....mmmmmm