WooHoo! Got my new camera!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
That is the camera I want to get next. I've been using a Canon G3 for a few years now but I've lost some of the view finder functionality since my son borrowed it a few weeks ago. I really used the older Canon A1 and AE1 35mm cameras for years and loved them. So soon I will go for the Canon DSLR, they use the memory cards and Flash I have for my G3 and I think the same batteries too.

High Cheese

Saucier
A friend of mine has an older 6.1 model but it still takes some sweet photos. These were all done with his camera. Not the best pictures, but you can see the potential.

IMG_7177.jpg

IMG_7195.jpg

IMG_7490.jpg

IMG_7392.jpg

High Cheese

Saucier
The complete kit was $650. The Ebay store I bought mine from raised the price to $775 right after I purchased mine. There are all sorts of different kits with different accessories at different prices. I would highly recommend getting a kit with the 75-300 zoom lens. Just that lens runs $175-200. Mine came with a Canon brand lens but I have seen other kits with other brands. It also came with an 8gb SD card.

chowhound

Very nice Jeeks. My old skydiving camera was an EOS Rebel. 35mm though. They have always been great cameras and very durable.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats. NICE camera!!! I would love to get one like that eventually.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
What a great camera, Your Cheesiness! I love Canons and have a few but nothing like yours. I'm nominating you to be the official NCT photographer!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh my God. I'm SO envious.

Hey, Cheese, can I have your OLD camera?????

Lee