Kefta Burgers

Deelady

Kefta Burgers

1 lb. ground beef (or any meat you like)
1 cup flat leaf parsley
1 cup onion
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp 7 spices
Burger buns
Kabees and tomatoes for garnish

Tahini Mayonnaise Sauce
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 clove minced garlic
1 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs tahini paste
1/4 tsp paprika (optional)

Onion Parsley Garnish
1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1/2 cup sliced onion
1 tbs sumac
1/2 tsp salt

In a food processor blend the onion and parsley until well blended, then add the ground meat, salt and 7 spices and blend until well combined. Form meat into 4 or 6 burgers and cook on grill or in a pan for 7-8 minutes. For the tahini mayonnaise sauce in a bowl combine the mayonnaise, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and paprika and set aside for topping. For onion parsley garnish in a bowl combine the onions, parsley, salt and sumac. To assemble the burgers, toast the buns and top both sides with tahini mayonnaise, add burger and top with onion/parsley then top with the other bun. Serve with kabeese and tomatoes.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
have you ever make this into meatballs,grilled it, served it in pitas?

the reason i am asking is because someone suggested i try making Kefta and i had no idea what it was. they said it was traditional street food and now i have to try to make this soon..lol

GotGarlic

There's a Middle Eastern restaurant near us that serves kefta. They make it into a hotdog-like shape and grill it, then serve it rolled up in pita with tomatoes, pickles, hummus and a sauce.

Deelady, what are 7 spices and what are kabees?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i think the 7 spice she is referring to is japanese 7 spice powder but i am not sure...

seven-spice powder (shichimi togarashi) is a blend of hot red pepper, ground orange peel, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, poppy seeds, and ground nori seaweed, precisely seven ingredients to make a tasty and complex flavor.

as for kabees... sometimes i believe it is pickled turnip but lebanese food it is a mixture of olives

Deelady

There's a Middle Eastern restaurant near us that serves kefta. They make it into a hotdog-like shape and grill it, then serve it rolled up in pita with tomatoes, pickles, hummus and a sauce.

Deelady, what are 7 spices and what are kabees?

Sorry GG I never saw your questions...better late than never ;)

7 spice mixture is often:

1 tablespoons ground black pepper
1 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom

mix well and store in air tight container.

And Bams was right kabees is a pickles veggie mixture used as an condiment....I usually skip that myself.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, Dee - just the tahini mayo alone sounds delicious!

Lee

GotGarlic

Sorry GG I never saw your questions...better late than never ;)

7 spice mixture is often:

1 tablespoons ground black pepper
1 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom

mix well and store in air tight container.

And Bams was right kabees is a pickles veggie mixture used as an condiment....I usually skip that myself.

Cool, thanks! :)