Site Supporter

Attachments

• stufz-hamburger-maker-tv-offer.jpg
    stufz-hamburger-maker-tv-offer.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 215

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i saw them on late-nite t.v., & i nary trust these items. we've gotten a few tv items, & they mostly have failed us.

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Has anyone seen this yet? Any thoughts?

It kind of looks interesting. Easy way to make juicy lucys.

StufZ™ Burger Maker (click to view)

I bet you remember the Tupperware Burger Press with all the little containers to use to store the patties. I thought that was a pretty good idea...instant patties from the freezer. I didn't use it long, and it eventually got thrown/given away.

I wonder if that little gadget might compress the meat too much. When I make hamburger patties, I try not to press them too hard. I don't know if that makes a whole lot of difference or not because I love Smash Burgers, and they smash the heck out of their patties.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
If you watch the commercial or the video for this you see that the first press makes a shell so to speak that you can fill with veggies or cheese or whatever you like. The then you top with more meat a press to seal the fillings in. I have done this by hand (I like to put Gouda in the middle) but they usually leek.

BTW my mom used to sell Tupperware lol yup I remember the pattie press.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yeah, I saw it.

I'll wait until it comes to one of the stores. They want separate processing & handling for the 2nd one that is supposed to be for free!! :yuk: :furious:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I just want to discuss thoughts on the product.

I agree the cost is a rip off and I also would wait till I can find it in Target or some such store.

I never buy "As Seen On TV" products over the phone or online since I got ripped off years ago.

Shermie

Site Supporter

I agree the cost is a rip off and I also would wait till I can find it in Target or some such store.

I never buy "As Seen On TV" products over the phone or online since I got ripped off years ago.

So did I.

Wise choice to wait for them to come to the stores!

That way, if it is not to your liking, you can always take it back and get a refund instantly, instead of waiting for eons for it to get back to where it came from! :eating2:

Leni

As a matter of fact I saw the gizzmo that makes baked tostado shells at Bed Bath and Beyond a couple of days ago. I have never bought as seen on TV. My DH bought a hammered wok from China along with the usual tools several years ago. That did work out well for us.

Shermie

Site Supporter
As a matter of fact I saw the gizzmo that makes baked tostado shells at Bed Bath and Beyond a couple of days ago. I have never bought as seen on TV. My DH bought a hammered wok from China along with the usual tools several years ago. That did work out well for us.

One of the very few things that do.

Most of those products either just don't work or they just crap out within a short time. Their reliability rate leaves a whole lot to be desired. :yuk:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's their official website (below).

You can view the many ill-fated products that they have, which they try to woo people with. I once bought the ill-fated Pasta Pot, which turned out to be crap, as the supposed no-fail nonstick interior coating began to peel away from the metal.

http://www.asseenontv.com/

Moxie

....I wonder if that little gadget might compress the meat too much. When I make hamburger patties, I try not to press them too hard. I don't know if that makes a whole lot of difference or not because I love Smash Burgers, and they smash the heck out of their patties.

I'm with Cooksie on this. I don't like to squeeze all the juice out of my meat when I make a patty, and I'd be concerned that this gadget would compress too much. If there are no spaces left between the strands of meat, there's no way for it to hold in juices.

I also understand that you are trying to discuss the product itself, and not just trash it for its price or marketing methods. That said, I saw this at BJ's last week. If they have it, others probably do, too.

Shermie

Site Supporter
BJ mainly sells things in bulk quantities, so I wonder just how many of these things that you would have to buy there to try to get a decent bargain.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Saw this on TV this morning.

They claim that there's free shipping of the unit to you.

Let's see;

1. They throw in a sort of mini magic Bullet blender.

2. They take off a payment, making it 3 payments of $39.95 instead of the
usual 4 payments.

3. They claim that the unit is sent through free shipping.

4. They then throw in a 2nd NuWave oven, claiming the it, also, is for free.

5. Now here's the kicker;

They already told you that both units are with free shipping, yet they are going to charge you to ship the first unit, and then charge you to ship the 2nd unit!! So you're STILL paying separate processing & handling for EACH unit!! What a ripoff!!!

No thanks. I'll pass!!

http://www.mynuwaveoven.com/?ref_version=PPC-BING-TRADEMARK

Leni

Why would you spend that much money one something you can do by hand? Besides you want to handle the meat gently not smash it that way.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I have the Thane Oven, which is quite similar to this unit.

Got it through the add online. plus some kind of big hand juicer. But back then, they were not charging for SP&H for the juicer! :cooking:

Shermie

Site Supporter
All of which means that 4th payment that they supposedly took off, you're going to end up paying it anyway, through that bullcrap separate processing and handling for both units!

They're still ripping people off three ways to Sunday!! :eating2:

Shermie

Site Supporter
And speaking of the Magic Bullet, I had one that I hardly ever used. Once was for coarsely ground black peppercorns, the other time was to grind coffee beans for the landlord.

He liked the way the ground coffee came out so much that I offered to give him the machine and all its packaged accessories, which I did! He was happy. :eating2:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Peeps - I like the idea. I had a burger made that way at "The Iron Horse" in Westwood several years ago. It was great!

I have tried and failed several times.

Andy

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's the Queen of As-Seen-TV crap products - Cathy Mitchel. I think she's still doing those infommercials and TV commercials. :sad:

Attachments

• cathy_mitchell.jpg
    cathy_mitchell.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 112