this is what i left out of the hot sauce

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
for all that got the sauce...imagine how hot it would have been if i would have left even half of these in..lol:whistling:

2wg7qkx.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Makes me cough just to look at the picture, LOL!

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I would rate the batch you sent me on a hot scale at about 5 with Dave's Insanity as a 10 and Tabasco as a 0. Now it was great with a excellent balance of heat, sweet and savory. Now I don't doubt it could be hotter so please don't miss understand what I'm say. I was only commenting on what I saw that you left out.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
no misunderstanding Joe... this sauce i left out the same amount of seeds and veins as last time..

mrs bam agrees with your rating of 5 out of 10... i was trying for the same hotness but i think the peppers i used were just riper.

i need to experiment some more..going to try using just the green,orange and couple of red ones for the next batch.

as well as another batch that will be hotter than the present one..more veins,more seeds..lol .......... any takers?..lmao

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've found with mine that the green jalapeños are hotter than the red (same just allowed to ripen more) and my habaneros a hotter yellow than when they turn orange or red. I've never had the guts to try them when green. Cayennes though are the same really with a bit more sweetness if left the to to red.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I've found with mine that the green jalapeños are hotter than the red (same just allowed to ripen more) and my habaneros a hotter yellow than when they turn orange or red. I've never had the guts to try them when green. Cayennes though are the same really with a bit more sweetness if left the to to red.

see that where peppers confuse me..lol

the stuff derek got was made of all green habs the just seem a little more bitter to me with no so much of that citrus after taste...and it is no where near as hot as the this second tropical fire sauce..:confused:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
see that where peppers confuse me..lol

the stuff derek got was made of all green habs the just seem a little more bitter to me with no so much of that citrus after taste...and it is no where near as hot as the this second tropical fire sauce..:confused:

I also found the orange habs are a sweeter though a bit less heat than the yellow for example. They all have the citrus taste though not as strong the closer to red the get though not all will go to red but a bright orange in the species I have. I occasionally get a red one but not often. Green are much smaller and I imagine to be hell hot if one tried to eat them as well as being bitter too.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
see its a good thing i take lots of pictures..lol

the first hot sauce - Tropical Fire #1
2qktj4p.jpg

Devils Daiquiri - all green habs - sorry no pics of being cut up. but all seeds and veins were left in

2u6hcnq.jpg

tropical fire #2... next to no seeds and veins left in

opnreg.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
tropical fire #2... next to no seeds and veins left in

opnreg.jpg

Those SOBs were HOT! Granted, not the hottest thing I ever ate. I once ate Thai Shrimp from a local restaurant, and no one ever told me NOT to eat those little brown peppers as they are only for flavor. I thought it was a mushroom.

I chomped through it, and it literally took my breath away. It wasn’t a wave of heat that just kept coming, it was a full on furnace that just smacked you in the head. Breathing was not comfortable as I waited for that to subside.

Your stuff is HOT…..but I mean HOT as in HOTter than the average stuff we can get off the shelves. Habaneros can be a LOT hotter than your sauce is, but you balanced heat with flavor! Bravo!

Being hot for hot’s sake is silly. You have to have flavor first, and heat second!! And you did that!! :thumb:

But it’s still damn hot!