Request for Doc

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I was thinking about possibly adding a slow cooker and pressure cooker forum they could be combined really into one more forum to start.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have both a pressure cooker which I just got and have had a slow cooker for years now. Both of which I lack recipes for and would find it interesting to see what other real people cook in them.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm worried about an empty forum. Nothing looks worse than a list of forums and some only have a few posts in it.
You guys have not let me down ...whenever I create one you make it busy.

Maybe I could make it as a sub forum under something ..any suggestions?

Another question: Do enough of you have pressure cooker / slow cooker recipes to keep such a forum busy. If not, what other forum would this fit into?

Calicolady

Doc, there's tons of crock pot recipes already posted. I don't know how you'd move them all, if at all, but I'm sure there's tons more recipes to be had here.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Maybe a sub-forum under Tools of the Trade since these are specialty cooking tools/devices?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Maybe a sub-forum under Tools of the Trade since these are specialty cooking tools/devices?

I was meaning a place for various recipes not about the cooking tool itself. I can understand Tools of the Trade when comparing things like pots, pans, knives, stoves etc but I wouldn't want to post a recipe over there as it just doesn't fit to me.

Doc it isn't a big deal if you don't want to add it I was really wondering about it but don't have a clue if anyone would post there, I sure don't have any recipes that didn't come with my equipment.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We have tons of slow cooker recipes hangin round here, and more than a few pressure cooker recipes and pressure cooker users to keep things going. My experience is that both would tend to be fairly active forums.

Just not sure where to put em.. I will take another look at our list and see if anything pops into my head...or out of it.. or maybe just leaks out...

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
How about:

Cooking with Gadgets (Forum Description: You bough it, you love it, now you need recipes for it!)

Sub Forums:

Bread Machines
Crockpot/Slowcookers
Pannini Presses
Pressure Cookers

etc etc...

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes that would work for me just fine. I have three of the 4 listed items so I'm good for 75% of it.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I have slow cooker recipes, just need to get em posted up... still waiting on DW's recipes as well. Also have seen tons of slow cooker recipes posted already. And I have seen pannini recipes running around here in abundance as well.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well all a panini is nothing but a sandwich that has been grilled. Not much to that other than a couple of really named ones such as a Cuban, etc. The sauce used on them would probably be good though as they tend to be a bit more than just mayonnaise or mustard.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yea, I was thinking about that myself. On the one hand someone coming here might specifically be looking for panini recipes and having a section for that would help, but as you pointed out it is just a grilled sandwich... but hey if we have to duplicate stuff like that for both sections not a big deal I guess... all though overlap and duplication isn't the ideal...

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I went ahead and created a slow cooker / pressure cooker forum.

Don't disappoint me, I'm expecting a lot of recipes / meals that can be cooked this way. :D

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Doc and folks I need all the help I can get in this area too. :bounce:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Thanks Doc!! We a lot on here already... so anyone that comes across a slow cooker recipe or pressure cooker recipes please let us know if it needs to be moved by using the report post feature!
If you posted a slow cooker or pressure cooker recipe, please let us know by using the report post function so we can move it for you.

Unless you are a Mod... in which case move it yer self!! LOL!