good-bye to a friend

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i lost one of the sweetest, kindest, most creative
& spirit-lifting friends i've known in my time last week. she was only in her 20's. there is an amazing amount of support amongst those of us that luved her, tho somehow the shock & hurt is just now settling in. i wept for hours when i 1st heard, except my mind blotted it away to some extent in the very beginning, trying to make it not so. thank God for my friends, one of them managing to create an invite-only support group for many of us that're already good friends, & others of us quickly forming new friendships.
i have countless supportive friends; i just needed to lift a weight that seems to sometimes be crushing my chest, & to explain if i'm scanty or not myself at times. saying good-bye isn't easy. thanx for hearing me.
& good-bye to the most dedicated Stillers fan i've met in my entirety.:heart:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Heart goes out to you Aubrey.
I know all about the weight crushing your chest.
Felt that way when my sister Julie passed in February,still do at times.
Love you bunches.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, lollie. i knew it hurt you when your sister went on, nomatter how okay you seemed; i luv u, too, lollie. bunches. it hurts & loss aches.

peepz, i appreciate it. hugs. xoxo's to you, too.

this is my 1st day or nite by myself since she passed, so i figure that's not making this any easier. it gives me time to think. it was expected though not yet. not this soon.

it's going to take awile. time heals. as well as kind friends. thank yinz.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend luvs. My thoughts and prayers will be with you, her friends and her family. It sounds as though she was loved by many.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I am sorry for your friends passing. Good friends are rare. We need every one we can get.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend luvs. My thoughts and prayers will be with you, her friends and her family. It sounds as though she was loved by many.

i appreciate your kindness. i haven't snoozed for a wink. i'm so grateful to know there're 100 & beyond that have joined together to miss her, yet in a grateful way.

Attachments

• 485222_10100331673540968_60700389_41835824_561661369_n.jpg
    485222_10100331673540968_60700389_41835824_561661369_n.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Aubrey and Lollie, I'm so sorry for both of your losses.

I wish you comfort and peace.

Lee

chilefarmer

Losing loved ones or friends is never easy. I am at an age where I have lost many. You are on our prayer list. CF

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My condolences Aubrey. :( So sad when they pass so so young.
Good thoughts and prayers for Maggie on their way.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thank yinz so much. she was so dear to us.:flowers:. thanx, for being here for my friend. thank yinz, too, for being so thoughtful.

Shermie

Site Supporter
i lost one of the sweetest, kindest, most creative
& spirit-lifting friends i've known in my time last week. she was only in her 20's. there is an amazing amount of support amongst those of us that luved her, tho somehow the shock & hurt is just now settling in. i wept for hours when i 1st heard, except my mind blotted it away to some extent in the very beginning, trying to make it not so. thank God for my friends, one of them managing to create an invite-only support group for many of us that're already good friends, & others of us quickly forming new friendships.
i have countless supportive friends; i just needed to lift a weight that seems to sometimes be crushing my chest, & to explain if i'm scanty or not myself at times. saying good-bye isn't easy. thanx for hearing me.
& good-bye to the most dedicated Stillers fan i've met in my entirety.:heart:

I'm so sorry to hear this!!

I lost a friend as well. One of many.

I've known him for about 15 years. He was an alcoholic, and it killed his liver, which in turn, killed him!!!

So sad!! In a way, he was telling me that he wasn't going to be around for long. I didn't read between the lines that he was dying!!!

I couldn't even go visit him in the hospital because he was in the ICU, and only his family were allowed to go see him!!!

I knew that he drank, but I didn't know that things were that bad with him. He LOVED to talk, especially when he was tipsy or drunk!! He wasn't one of those individuals who would turn into monsters after having a few, but he always liked me and others.

He would pull on me when I had to go do something, like go in the store, as though he did not want me to leave him!! It was really sad to see him like that, knowing that the end was near for him!! At least he was happy when I saw him that day, for the last time!! I miss him so dearly!! So sad to see a dear friend dying and you can't do anything about it to try to stop him from dying!! :ohmy:

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
So sorry for your loss luvs. Hugs to you and all who are grieving for Maggie. What a beautiful person.

Oh, Luvs, I'm so saddened to learn of your loss of your friend. It's never an easy thing to lose someone who was a beautiful light in your life. When my late mother-in-law passed away just a matter of weeks after Ian and I were married it was such a blow. She was determined to remain with us for our wedding and was there with us for the happy event, just as she'd promised she'd be. We sorely miss her every day! But the joy of having her in our lives goes on with every wonderful memory we cherish. That will happen for you, too, in time, Luvs and always embrace those memories and let them light your way forever. For your friend, Maggie :heart:

Fallon and Ian