What's cooking NCT July 29 - August 4, 2012?

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
When Tina brought those cherries home...I gawked and said,"Why did you buy cheeries that are not ripe yet?"

She said,"They are White Cherries!" My mouth was quencing too; until I popped one in my mouth. SOooo Sweeet!..and each one is the size of a quarter or a little bigger.

The potato was just peeled and quartered and dropped in the stew gravy and juice to cook for the last hour.

9eafccfa.jpg

I've never heard of white cherries. I'll have to see if I can locate some out at Walmart.

Leni

They are Rainier cherries and they are sooo good. I can buy them at any of my local stores.

Embryodad

Wednesdays Supper

Jimbo here made Hot Dogs For Supper!

Dessert was, ahem!...Fat Free Waffles with Fat Free Butter and syrup! :brows:
Now that's fat free IF You Don't Eat it! :neutral:

I ate Two 7" Belgian waffles and Tina ate 1/2 of one with sliced thin bananas inside hers. :clap:

aeb97605.jpg

3fdc299b.jpg

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Me and DW agreed that pancakes would be a great dinner. Sooooo, I kicked it up a notch and made roll-ups filled with raspberry preserves and cottage cheese, then topped with sour cream. For the doubters, this is a GREAT combination. My mother made these for us kids on meatless Fridays during Lent. She called them Polichinka. Oh, I also added 1 tsp. each of vanilla & orange extracts in the batter. It was da bomb!

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

Here's how I made them...

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

I do want to try this with pancakes next time! :)

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Wednesdays Supper

Jimbo here made Hot Dogs For Supper!

Dessert was, ahem!...Fat Free Waffles with Fat Free Butter and syrup! :brows:
Now that's fat free IF You Don't Eat it! :neutral:

I ate Two 7" Belgian waffles and Tina ate 1/2 of one with sliced thin bananas inside hers. :clap:

aeb97605.jpg

3fdc299b.jpg

Super... Looks terific! :)

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
We're watching the Olympics and used the living room pop up coffee table again.

View attachment 15976

Fran browned the chicken and then added chicken broth, garlic, a jalapena, potato, and onions. The subtle garlic and pepper turned the chicken into cuisine gold. These along with a squash made a killer meal.

View attachment 15975

attachment.php

That look like the botton half of an egg plant... looks very interesting... do you have a recipe on exactly how you prepared it? It looks like something I'd like to try my hands on. :)

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
Everyone's food looks amazing! There's definitely some fine talent on this forum. I'm loving seeing all the beautiful pictures as well. This is NOT a thread to look at while you're really hungry though. :blob_blue:

A friend gave me a few peaches that needed to be used up asap and I had my first crop of fresh figs so I made a peach fig crumble. I used oats and finely chopped pecans in the topping. I gave it to an elderly fellow who cuts the ditches in my driveway. I did sneak a taste and it was yummy. Not too sweet.

IMG_5565.jpg

IMG_5568.jpg

Leni

No, it's a squash of some kind. I'm thinking acorn squash? I bake mine with a lot of butter, cinnamon, and a dash of cloves.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Have a ribeye dry rubbed, waiting to hit the CI grill pan, and a baked potato. Nothing spectacular, but it was in the fridge, and can't ever go wrong with meat and potatoes, imo.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Tried to get into Chick-fil-a for dinner, but the line was out the door and the parking lot & drive-thru were packed with vehicles. Oh, well, tomorrow is another day. Went back home and had tube steaks, baked legumes and cheese coated pasta. (Hot dogs, baked beans & mac-n-cheese):yum:

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Everyone's food looks amazing! There's definitely some fine talent on this forum. I'm loving seeing all the beautiful pictures as well. This is NOT a thread to look at while you're really hungry though. :blob_blue:

A friend gave me a few peaches that needed to be used up asap and I had my first crop of fresh figs so I made a peach fig crumble. I used oats and finely chopped pecans in the topping. I gave it to an elderly fellow who cuts the ditches in my driveway. I did sneak a taste and it was yummy. Not too sweet.

IMG_5565.jpg

IMG_5568.jpg

Mmmm! looks and sounds wonderful! Recipe please! :)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Tried to get into Chick-fil-a for dinner, but the line was out the door and the parking lot & drive-thru were packed with vehicles. Oh, well, tomorrow is another day. Went back home and had tube steaks, baked legumes and cheese coated pasta. (Hot dogs, baked beans & mac-n-cheese):yum:

We're Blessed....since Hapeville is home to the original Chick-fil-a Dwarf House, we have a lot around here....7....all within 10 miles :clap:....the lines weren't as long...it only took us about 30 minutes to get through the drive-thru.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
know, a plate of fries would be lovely. w/ a bechamel-based cheese sauce, & bacon, that's a fave. maybe scallion. blake can grate the cheddar an 'at. he's good in the kitch'.
& it takes only a few minutes to cut, blanch & cook the fries when i need 'em. the bechamel takes like 20, then dinnertime!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

IMG_5565.jpg

IMG_5568.jpg
Thatlooks fantastic!!
Why was it so crowded?

We had hot dogs in buns, baked beans and kraut.

Embryodad

IMG_5565.jpg

IMG_5568.jpg
Ummmmm! I like the looks of that cobbler.

Looks so crunchy topped.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well Hebrew National is on sale at Shop-Rite for $1.77 so we had 2 meals already of dogs. I have 1 more hot dog meal on the meal plan for this week. But I think tonight will be corn and bacon waffles or pancakes (I am leaning towards waffles).

Embryodad

Well Hebrew National is on sale at Shop-Rite for $1.77 so we had 2 meals already of dogs. I have 1 more hot dog meal on the meal plan for this week. But I think tonight will be corn and bacon waffles or pancakes (I am leaning towards waffles).
Sounds good to me peep!

Tina just put on a pot of Sauce with veal bones / meat balls / and hot Italian sausage.

I was outside cutting the grass, and the whole neighborhood smells so good.

Tina said," Did you feed the baby deer hon?"
I said," No, they don't want corn today; they want spaghetti!" haaaaaaaaaaa

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Ham steak, mashed potatoes, peas w/ cream of onion soup pepper "gravy" poured over all.

Embryodad

Tina made a great Spaghetti sauce with veal bones, sausage, and meat balls.

I came in from grass cutting, and snuck a taste while it was cooking.

6f4449f8.jpg

She really did a great job.

Son Jimmy stopped by and had a few meatballs and sausage.

I ate two dishes like this; plus etra sausage, and two chunks of veal that fell off the bones.

c4830fe7.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
2012-08-02 18-25-08.606.jpg

Peeps, I dilute the soup with a little cream and water both, add a bit of chopped onion, black pepper, then low simmer til hot.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Since this a the "What are you cooking" thread, I guess I can post lunch here as well. Tonight we are making multiple pizzas with DS and his GF, so I cleaned up the last breaded chicken breast for lunch, along with my homemade whole wheat linguine and marinara sauce. Darn good lunch if I do say so (and I do! :lol:)

Chickenparmesanwithlinguine.jpg

Embryodad

Since this a the "What are you cooking" thread, I guess I can post lunch here as well. Tonight we are making multiple pizzas with DS and his GF, so I cleaned up the last breaded chicken breast for lunch, along with my homemade whole wheat linguine and marinara sauce. Darn good lunch if I do say so (and I do! :lol:)

Chickenparmesanwithlinguine.jpg
L00ks great Joe.

The lingoonie i'll bet is good.
Ever make homemade spinach spaghetti?

Embryodad

I ate my Bologna Sandwich for supper.

Oscar Mayer in the blister pack no less...with mayo and pickles on a pita bread.

Today was Dr. day all day...and forgetabout cooking.

DW and I stopped at a ACME Market down by the Dr's. Picked up some steaks for tomorrow. I have to marinade them tonight.

So...it was the good ole bologna to simmer down the gurgling hungry tummy.

Oh! We picked up some baked goods (sweets) too; so dessert has been happening in between bologna. Tina already ate 6,000 calories of sweets.
I told her, "That's ok cause you were a good girl at the Drs!":laugh:

She is still battling her breathing problem, soooo we got more meds and some special cough syrup with codine.:a1:

Maybe later tonight, I will throw a couple Pita bread Pizzas together.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
L00ks great Joe.

The lingoonie i'll bet is good.
Ever make homemade spinach spaghetti?
Never did make spinach s'getti. Gotta recipe??

Here's the fixins for the pizzas. Just waiting for the yunguns to get their butts here. It's after 7 and they don't return text messages. Grrrr...

PizzaFixins.jpg