What have you eaten Sunday 6/16/2019 to Saturday 6/22/2019?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
We're going to pick around on the leftover chicken for lunch.
Dinner will either be tuna pot pie or omelets and toast.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I went out of town to shop for something to wear to a funeral.
Ended up stopping at Captain D's for fried clam strips and coleslaw.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well the chicken stock is done and in the fridge for tomorrow. Had a naked burger and a coupe saltines.

Embryodad

Spaghetti with canned tuna ( Genova brand ) / bread crumbs toasted / olive oil and minced fine garlic. Lemon juice sprinkled on it as it is eaten.

IMG_1503.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
After I go to my former SIL funeral visitation, a group of us are going to have dinner at a yet to be decided locale.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you, Jimmy, Peeps and Dan.
Sharon's favourite place was Cracker Barrel, so that's where we are eating.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
POT PIES FROM POT PIE STORE FOR DINNER TONIGHT-
Story-
I do not go to Fairfax often, when I do I stop and buy these great Pot Pies. I told Crystal (my DD) I was going to re-nag on buying her a Mod Pizza, jokingly she grabbed the box of pot pies I just bought ($10. worth) and pretended that she was going to throw them out her window- The wind caught the box, and the pot pie's hit the pavement. It got very quiet in my car for awhile. Before anything else was said, Crystal googled a place close to our house, that I did not know about, that sold home made pot pies, better than the ones in Fairfax. HAPPY ENDING! Yes Crystal paid for the new ones. Pies are very heavy. Let you all know tonight how good they are.

Attachments

• 4td1.jpg
    4td1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 4td2.jpg
    4td2.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 4td3.jpg
    4td3.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 108

Embryodad

I followed through with Philly Cheese Steaks.

I sauteed peppers and onions till caramelized....Steak-ums fried and toweled to absorb the grease.
I had two of these beauties.... The YooHoo chocolate drink put another star on the forehead of the chef.

IMG_1504.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I had to call the "Real Microsoft' today- I was on Facebook and I clicked on a picture that said free Insta pot recipes. I got hacked, they said they were from Microsoft and call the number. They said they will fix my computer $239-$329. Don't Do it. Thankful for DD, She called Microsoft and it was a good thing. MS charged me $49. Fixed problem.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Quick Throw-Together last night ...

Angus Burger, Mashed Yukons, Onion Gravy, Steamed Cauliflower...

Hamburger Steak, Onion Gravy.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Dan, I've clicked on the recipe links on Facebook before. Most usually just go to a dead link.

I had the pork chop dinner with pinto beans, turnip greens and corn muffins last night.
It was good.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It's been raining every day for about a week now.

Made homemade chicken soup (using the bones and skin from rotisserie chicken and a b/s chicken breast) served over brown rice and topped with Parmesan Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses.

chicken_soup_062019_IMG_5923.JPG

DD went to Ikea and picked up a bamboo cutting board and pitcher.

When DD gives you a pitcher ... you make lemonade. :chef:

lemonade_062019_IMG_5921.JPG

ikea_bamboo_cutting_board.jpg

Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, Peeps .... Every day !

Wednesday, we got a month's worth of rain in just four hours....

Totally clueless for tonight ; Peep's soup looks good, although there's no rain in the forecast today, and we'll probably hit ninety....

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have meat thawing for beef stew/pot roast. But DD may want to order something.

I am craving a Popeye's biscuit and an apple pie :wub: :sad:

Embryodad

It was hot dogs for me. Tina had scrambled eggs and toast. DD had salmon steak.
It cooled down a bit. Windows are open, and A/C is off. Humidity way down.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Carried in Last Night ...
Seafood Delight - Shrimps, Lobster & Scallops with the usual vegetable subjects.... and Tomato Slices.

Salad, Simple.jpg

King China Seafood Delight.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Pasta with leftover porchetta from the freezer, onion, celery, white wine, fennel pollen and parm.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Not sure what tonight's dinner will be.
Perhaps just pancakes and eggs.

I'm working nights all weekend into Monday, then have a heavy work schedule next week, covering for vacationing co-workers.
Cooking will be going "on the back burner" for a while.

Embryodad

Tina and friend of ours, is going to church in Belvidere tonight, and on the way home, they want to stop at Hot Dog Johnny's on Rt 46 on the way home. That means hot dogs again. Yummy. May try a couple beers instead of YooHoo chocolate drink.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
E.D.
One of my favorite taste combo's as a young man was a Fat Hot Dog on a bun with Mustard and Relish, washed down with a Yoo-Hoo !:applause:
I've got a Fat Pork Loin Chop defrosting....
I've got a Yam in the crisper drawer, and some Okra that I'll add to Tomatoes.... only way I can eat them, outside of Gumbo...

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Roast Beef Pot Pie tonight- never got to it yesterday- neighbor brought us some type of Kinder Pork, + We bought a rotisserie chicken. We snacked on both of them.