Franken Pantry IX

mhend

I made dinner from the pantry tonight. We had pan fried chicken breasts, garlic mashed potatoes with mushroom and onion gravy. For the liquid in the gravy I made a broth from some extra chicken, onions, carrots and celery, salt and pepper. I used flour as my wild card to dredge the chicken in before frying it and to make the gravy. I seasoned the flour with salt, pepper, oregano and thyme.

Pan Fried Chicken Breast, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Mushroom and Onion Gravy.jpg

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Not sure what to call this, I suppose:

Deconstructed Chicken Jambalaya

Wild Card = Bullion

I took a chicken breast and cut it into cubes, put that on skewers, then slathered with olive oil, salt, and pepper. I broiled that till done with a little color. Next time, I’ll grill it.

I made some rice in water with tomato bouillon and set aside.

In a pot, I sautéed the Cajun Trinity of Celery, Onion, and Carrot in some butter. Once soft, I added a bit of chicken stock (from bouillon) then some potato flakes to thicken it just a touch.

When ready to serve, I sautéed the rice with some thinly sliced mushrooms in butter.

I plated the rice and mushrooms, then spooned the trinity sauce over it. On top of that, I placed the skewered chicken.

I meant to add some dice tomatoes to the top of this…..had them out…..but forgot! :pat:

I so feel like Trevor from Hell’s Kitchen right now. :lol:

All in all, this tasted great! I’ll do it again, but will grill the chicken over coals. DW preferred her chicken off the stick and in the mix, but I enjoyed eating the chicken off the stick and then alternating that with a fork full of the rice.

Attachments

• jstep1.jpg
    jstep1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 190
  • jstep2.jpg
    jstep2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 188
  • jstep3.jpg
    jstep3.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 196
  • jstep4.jpg
    jstep4.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 185
  • jstep5.jpg
    jstep5.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Crap.

I screwed up. Rice wasn’t in the pantry. That should have been my Wild Card.

Tomato juice from canned tomatoes into the rice water. Canned tomatoes on top (probably sautéed in butter first).

Whole chicken cut down to breast, and bones used to make chicken stock.

So yeah, with Wild Card = Rice, this is still a possible recipe.

Sorry for the goof! :pat:

Gonna go get a shot of something and go to bed now! :lol:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Easy enough to do, Keltin...I get one pantry confused with another, as well. Anyway, you made a great dinner, and you two enjoyed eating it. That's what really matters. Thanks for sharing it with us. And - your rice looks beautiful.

LETHAL GTS

It was a bit of an off night last night. So what I came up with was...well ordinary.
So here you have it!
Vvvulla!
Crispy tators, pan fried chicken and seared tomato yakadoo!

Attachments

• IMG00292-20101205-1858.jpg
    IMG00292-20101205-1858.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG00300-20101205-2057.jpg
    IMG00300-20101205-2057.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
As always, that looks great Lethal! Awesome job! And I'm with Karen, I love that plate!! :thumb: