Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker crumbs
1/4 stick butter (melted)
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
4 (8oz) packaages cream cheese softened
1tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
4 cups chopped peeled apples (about 3 apples)
3/4 cups chopped pecans
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Heat oven to 325. Line a 13x9 pan with foil. Mix crumbs, butter ans 2 tbps brown sugar; press into bottom of pan; bake 10 mins.

Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add sour cream, blend. Add eggs 1 at a time mixing on low after each until just blended. Pour over crust.

Mix remaining 1/2 cup sugar, apples, pecans and cinnamon; spoon over batter.

Bake 1 hr to 1 hr 5 min. Cool. Refrigerate 4 hours. Use foil to lift cheesecake from pan before cutting to serve :)

Enjoy!!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
ummmmm sure sounds good. Have you tried it yet?

KKsMom

Blond Member
I made this on Tuesday and tried it last night... oh my goodness it was delicious!!! I normally do not excell in the kitchen so when my hubby tried it he was very, very impressed! The only changes I made to the recipe were: I used a full cup of pecans and I did not peel my apples.... I would recommend peeling yours :) Also, if the store near you sells graham cracker crumbs and not just the crackers I would buy that- The hardest part of this entire recipe was crushing the graham crackers :pat: I was also very thankful for my kitchenaide while mixing everything!!!!

Nica

Glad it turned out good. Sounds like you made a hit with your husband. That's always a good thing. Also works in reverse, now it's his turn! :D

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds good Bethany! :thumb: I remember your mom rolling out graham crackers by putting them between two sheets of wax paper and using a rolling pin to crush them. I'm half afraid to ask, but .... how did you crush yours up?

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds good Bethany! :thumb: I remember your mom rolling out graham crackers by putting them between two sheets of wax paper and using a rolling pin to crush them. I'm half afraid to ask, but .... how did you crush yours up?

Doc, crushed anything here is no problem. Just go through the checkout line at the store. What the cashier doesn't get the bagger will finish!

KKsMom

Blond Member
Well, Doc, after some experimenting I did end up using my rolling pin for the second time since 2005 :D I don't know why I didn't think to use it first but I am glad I remembered that I owned one before it was too late.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Here are some pics of this awesome cheesecake. My daughter (Blondie) made it.

Attachments

• gregsiphone1023-2 001.JPG
    gregsiphone1023-2 001.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 995
  • gregsiphone1023-2 002.JPG
    gregsiphone1023-2 002.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 951

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow!

I love that she made the cheesecake in a 13 x 9 inch pan!

That looks declious!

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
This looks really good! A little drizzle of caramel sauce and I'd be one happy camper!