oven fried (chicken) nuggets

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
backstory: generally we try to limit deep fried stuff - many of the "oven fried" dishes actually work quite well when the craving hits.....

DW did some shopping, came home with Purdue Simply Smart Frozen Chicken Tenders. which I reheated on a rack over a tray. the ingredients I listed below. taste / texture was decent but I think the factory had a major malfunction as the stuff was so salty it was to gag. keep in mind, we go pretty darn light on salt just for openers, so even 'fast food' is too salty for us.

the breading is the typical McD's style - so my question is how to duplicate a nice even small crumb breading - but obviously using way less salt. the ingredient list provides a good start for seasonings, but although I've breaded many things, I do much coarser stuff - the fine crumb fast food type breading is outside my experience.

anyone have any tips as to technique, 'making it stick' - etc?

"BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST WITH RIB MEAT,
WATER,
RICE FLOUR,
YELLOW CORN FLOUR,
YELLOW CORN MEAL.
CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF SALT, CORN STARCH, BROWN SUGAR, RAISIN JUICE CONCENTRATE, HONEY,YEAST EXTRACT, ONION POWDER, GARLIC POWDER, WHITE PEPPER, SPICES, CELERY SEED EXTRACT.