What's cooking NCT Sunday 1/29/2017 - Saturday 2/4/2017?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Chicken Salad with grapes and pecans:

IMG_6652.jpg

lilylove

Chicken noodle soup simmering on the stove right now! :) Yes, warm soup in sunny Mexico. We are having a spot of cold weather. It's only 71 degrees and semi-cloudy!!! :) :) :)

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Pot roast, steamed green beans, mashed potatoes and mushroom au jus.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Chili over brown rice last night.

For tonight I'm planning to break down a whole chicken. Bones, back, skin, both wings and one breast will go into soup. Both the legs quarters and one breast (cut in half) will be roasted for DD's dinner.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
2 raw leg quarters and a breast can be cooked. Leftover Chicken soup, chili (can be heated) and egg salad in fridge. Everyone on their own tonight.

Embryodad

I made a bolonese sauce with ground meat and in a light sauce of diced fine onions / carrot / celery / tomatoes last night.
It's a seek and grab what you want to eat couple of days. Wives Uncle was in hospital pneumonia / the flue / and a heart attack. Today, back in the nursing home ( nicely infected with colds and the flue. ) Mandatory masks to enter the rooms.

It's so darn warm these last few days. 38 degrees isn't cold enough to kill the germs.
Silly Weather. grrrrr.

It's always something. Now, poor wife has a swollen left knee, and in pain. No clue what caused it????? I told her to take a shot of whisky, and two aspirins, and bundle up and sweat it out. LOL

Johnny West

It sounds like water on the knee - I know how bad that can be.

Last night made pancakes, sausage, and eggs for breakfast for dinner.

Tonight it's grilled cheese and tomato soup or Mex casserole if my son comes down.

Sunday afternoon I'll do a pulled pork.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'll be making spaghetti and meat balls and garlic bread for the 4 of us.
In my new temporary digs.
They love my cooking. :)

Embryodad

Jimmy, Send my love and well wishes to Tina and her uncle.

Thanks Peeps.....
A lot transpired since the last post here by me. Friday, on the way to the Knee Orthopedic Dr. , Tina got the call that her Uncle Passed away peacefully.

Just got back from the funeral parlor, and then down to Mays Landing for internment in the mausoleum with his wife.

I didn't go there; because its a 3 hour drive. I would be crippled by the time I got half way there! :beatdeadhorse5:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps.....
A lot transpired since the last post here by me. Friday, on the way to the Knee Orthopedic Dr. , Tina got the call that her Uncle Passed away peacefully.

Just got back from the funeral parlor, and then down to Mays Landing for internment in the mausoleum with his wife.

I didn't go there; because its a 3 hour drive. I would be crippled by the time I got half way there! :beatdeadhorse5:

I'm so sorry Jimmy. I will say a prayer and light a candle. My love to Tina.

Embryodad

I'm so sorry Jimmy. I will say a prayer and light a candle. My love to Tina.
Thanks Peeps....I'll tell her. She took care of him 4 1/2 years after his wife died, and we even had him living here for 1 1/2 years, till we could no longer lift him, and had to get him long term care.