Saturday 6 June dinner..?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Heading down the shore shortly....and have dinner prepped and ready to go for later.

First course is caesar salad....just a simple caesar salad.

Dinner is stuffed pork chops, fire roasted potatoes, grilled mushrooms and grilled corn. I have a pecan cranberry bread, too.

Pretty sure we're drinking the sangiovese tonight. Not sure what the cocktail is...:whistling:

Gotta go...see you all, read you all later
oxox

lilylove

pig roast... !!

Whole pig cooked on a spit. I know there will be baked beans, corn on the cob, strawberry cake, and a bunch of other goodies!

Pray that the sun comes back...it's cold and gray today.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Is that just for you and Paul, Trish.

We are have pork as well - a small braised joint.

suziquzie

DH took off with the oldest to the the new Terminator movie..... they'll have popcorn for dinner, I'll make the little 2 a frozen pizza or something, I'm not too hungry.

GotGarlic

We're going out for my birthday dinner tonight, to a snazzy restaurant that makes up a new menu each day. I'll report in tomorrow on what we have.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Skillet Goulash

366384132.jpg

366384121.jpg

366384110.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Skillet Goulash--Looks mighty good!

We're having corned beef and cabbage tonight.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
1-sm. Steam Rice
1-Yang Chow Fried Rice
1 Fried Chicken Wing
1-dried Fried Rib
1-Wor Wonton Soup
1-Prawn with snow Pea
1-Beef with Black Mushroom
1-Sweet & Sour Trip[le Delight
2-Pork Egg Foo Young
Thank You Canton City Restaurant!

Chinese-Food-Sign_278584a.jpg

Constance

That food all looks so good, I can smell it.

Or maybe I'm smelling our oven fried chicken! We're also having some really good mac'n cheese.

Kei

I had dinner with my neighbor. She made spaghetti and homemade meat sauce to go with it. It had these little spicy sausages in it that were so yummy. She also made cheese garlic bread with jalapenos baked in. This woman knows her cooking. :D

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
LT, that looks sooooooooooooooooo good!!

I had this and that off a buffet at my niece's graduation party.. didn't touch the cakes however, because of being too stuffed on creamed shredded chicken sandwich, pickles, baked beans, mac and potato salad.. potato chips and cheeses.
Oink! lol

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Creamed Shredded Chicken----- That sounds ver-r-r-y interesting......

Anybody got instructions ??:pig::pig:

GotGarlic

Mmm mmm good-looking food, Vera! :smile:

I tried to take pix of my birthday dinner last night, but it was too dark in the restaurant, and all except my dessert came out too blurry, since it came with its own light source :wink: So you'll have to imagine what this looked like.

First courses: For me, tuna carpaccio with seaweed salad, ponzu sauce and jalapenos. For DH, roasted oysters with fennel, truffles and cream.

Main courses: For me, mixed grill with veal sweetbread souffle, roasted duck hindquarter with cherry sauce, and grilled bison. For DH, ahi paella loaded with other seafood and the saffron rice was delicious.

Desserts: for me, PMS Dark Chocolate Brownie with Chantilly cream and candied yuzu, and for DH, Dark Chocolate Pot de Creme with Chantilly cream. And we both had a glass of Bonny Doon Framboise with dessert.

Attachments

• pms-brownie.jpg
    pms-brownie.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 174

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
You're killing me with the entire menu....would have loved to see those pictures. The dessert looks magnificent.

Mr. Green Jeans

Love grilled corn! Vera your table settings are always a work of art. next time you grill corn, try it with just fresh lime juice and salt. The sharpness of the lime combined with the sweet mellow corn is excellent.

Mike

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Love grilled corn! Vera your table settings are always a work of art. next time you grill corn, try it with just fresh lime juice and salt. The sharpness of the lime combined with the sweet mellow corn is excellent.

Mike

Thanks for the nice words and the tip!

The butter we slathered on the corn had lime zest and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Lime and corn is an amazing combination.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I've never put lime on corn before but it sounds delicious! I'll be trying this very soon, I predict.