Dinner for 4-22?

Derek

Banned
What's everyone having for din din on 4-22?

I'm having chicken noodle soup.

Last edited:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
What's everyone having for din din on 4-41?

I'm having chicken noodle soup.

dont you mean on 4-22?..lol

we are having pasta & meatballs... the sauce will be cooking in the slow cooker for about 9 hours

suziquzie

Quick n early tonight.... gotta drop a couple kids off at an aunt's house for a sleepover....
asian flavored grilled pork chops sliced, served over spinach and a little red onion.

Derek

Banned
dont you mean on 4-22?..lol

we are having pasta & meatballs... the sauce will be cooking in the slow cooker for about 9 hours
Oh yeah, I guess I still need to let the caffeine run threw my veins a little more LOL.

My chicken noodle soup is slow cooking for 4 hours probably will end up being 6 hours all together.

and that's an extra hour for the noodles to cook and absorb the flavors.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I made curried tuna salad yesterday to pack for my lunch today.
So it's a tuna sannie, unsalted Lay's potato chips and an orange.

lilylove

Dinner out with the "boy" and his girlfriend. Kind of a combo birthday dinner for her and I. Her birthday is April 28th and mine is May 3rd. Tonight was the only night all four of us were free. They have such weird work hours and they are young and very very busy. lol!

http://www.schwartzbros.com/spazzo.cfm check out the menu. And help me decide what to have. It's just a sample of the full menu but...it gives you some ideas. So good!! It's one of our fave places.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Fritti - your starter...only because it is served with lemon aoli..lol

pesci - your main...cant go wrong with a lobster & crab ravioli

dolci - your dessert - cant go wrong with really good cheesecake

as for a wine, your on your own because i havent found one i like.lol

Dinner out with the "boy" and his girlfriend. Kind of a combo birthday dinner for her and I. Her birthday is April 28th and mine is May 3rd. Tonight was the only night all four of us were free. They have such weird work hours and they are young and very very busy. lol!

http://www.schwartzbros.com/spazzo.cfm check out the menu. And help me decide what to have. It's just a sample of the full menu but...it gives you some ideas. So good!! It's one of our fave places.

lilylove

Don't drink wine so... no problem there Bam!

The rest of your ideas sound like winners to me!! LOVE RAVIOLI!!!!!! LOVE CHEESE CAKE!!!!!!!! And really want to figure out how to make a good aoli so eating and sampliing as many different ones as I can seems like a goooood plan!! :) :)!!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Don't drink wine so... no problem there Bam!

The rest of your ideas sound like winners to me!! LOVE RAVIOLI!!!!!! LOVE CHEESE CAKE!!!!!!!! And really want to figure out how to make a good aoli so eating and sampliing as many different ones as I can seems like a goooood plan!! :) :)!!

I'll drink your wine for you!!! :dizzy:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i have eaten different kinds of aoli but the one your fav rest. serves is my fav kind.. the one i like has little pieces of the rind in it

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
No ideas for din-din tonight. Still feel crappy and my voice is almost gone. Thought this was sinusitis, but now I think it's a virus. Whooppee! Had toast and tea for lunch and that sounds pretty good for dinner. Back to my blanky and chair. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Gonna be a VERY expensive dinner tonight!

My youngest Son gets married on Friday; Rehersal is 5:30 today, with the Rehersal dinner at seven - 36 guests AND THE TAB IS THE GROOM'S DAD'S RESPONSIBILITY (OMG!) Hope the open bar doesn't put me in the poor house............
Entree items for tonight are
Spinach-stuffed chicken breasts w/ green beans & risotto or Veal Parmesan with pasta or crab-stuffed tilapia w/ green beans & risotto or Prime rib w/ parmesan-mashed taters & the green beans
everybody gets a fruit cup and a salad, and Baked Alaska.................and the open (hic) bar.

The happy couple................

7-5-08-022.jpg

Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter

I would start by sharing a Fritti appetizer; I like the idea of the "flash fried", which means it's probably not going to be rubber........

A cup of the squash soup.........
The Arugula salad..............
The Putanesca............ second choice; the pesci

homecook

My youngest Son gets married on Friday; Rehersal is 5:30 today, with the Rehersal dinner at seven - 36 guests AND THE TAB IS THE GROOM'S DAD'S RESPONSIBILITY (OMG!) Hope the open bar doesn't put me in the poor house............
Spinach-stuffed chicken breasts w/ green beans & risotto or Veal Parmesan with pasta or crab-stuffed tilapia w/ green beans & risotto or Prime rib w/ parmesan-mashed taters & the green beans
everybody gets a fruit cup and a salad, and Baked Alaska.................and the open (hic) bar.

7-5-08-022.jpg

Congrats to the couple!!! Congrats to you too dad!!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
THX, LL and HC--------

Hmmm........I wonder if I get to tupperware up the left-overs ??

joec

Gold Site Supporter

7-5-08-022.jpg

Wow! LT she is a knockout, and congratulations to you.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well...we agree on the Fritti! :)

too many choices for the other parts of dinner!!!! EEEK! lol.

I vote for the lobster and crab ravioli too and the cheesecake...if that helps...

You and DH have the same Birthday, Trish! How about that?

What a beautiful couple LT! Congratulations!

I'm thinking spaghetti and meatballs tonight with a nice salad and some garlic biscuits.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Congrats to you, Lucky! Your new DIL is just beautiful. And dinner tonight does sound expensive, but it will be so much fun. Is this your first child to get married?

As for dinner, I don't know but Mama's spaghetti is sounding very good.

suziquzie

putting my salad on hold 'til tomorrow.... gonna be 80 I'll grill then!

I think it'll be chicken nuggets and tater tots.... possibly to go.

pugger

putting my salad on hold 'til tomorrow.... gonna be 80 I'll grill then!

I think it'll be chicken nuggets and tater tots.... possibly to go.
Temperature or ...? It is hitting 87 here today but didn't know how prevalent the warmer temps were. :tiphat:

I hate to say what we're having. I've been wrong all week, and I'm tired of it. :bonk:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Nate & Samantha, what a beautiful couple! Yes the Congratulations goes to you and the Warden too!

My invite didn't show up for LT's dinner tonight, so -(Still Hot in Cal)-
Barbq again. Cornish Hens on sale for $.99 (Can you believe this price, Where
1 story shacks still sell for 1/2 Mil).
Barbq the hens, I am going to use a Karo syrup Frozen Orange Juice Mixture to baste them with.
Vyapti can send me his 2#'s of Asparagus. I have all kinds of recipes for them.
I coat them with V oil, season and put them on the barby also. Hmmmm going to do that also tonight
(Asparagus) Thanks Vyapti.

vyapti

Nate & Samantha, what a beautiful couple! Yes the Congratulations goes to you and the Warden too!

My invite didn't show up for LT's dinner tonight, so -(Still Hot in Cal)-
Barbq again. Cornish Hens on sale for $.99 (Can you believe this price, Where
1 story shacks still sell for 1/2 Mil).
Barbq the hens, I am going to use a Karo syrup Frozen Orange Juice Mixture to baste them with.
Vyapti can send me his 2#'s of Asparagus. I have all kinds of recipes for them.
I coat them with V oil, season and pu them on the barby also. Yet, going to do that too tonight Thanks Vyapti.

They're in the mail. I hope the Post Office doesn't lose them :brows: