What's cooking NCT? 11.30-12.05.2015

Johnny West

I just put some cabbage rolls, that were made a few weeks ago with CSA cabbage, in the crock pot with a sauce made from my home canned tomatoes, beef broth, and Hungarian paprika in the crock pot for tonight's dinner. I've got some German bread in the freezer to go with it.

Saliha

I made today cabbage rolls too:

ixEf1ef.jpg

Recipe: http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=299536#post299536

:readytoeat:

Last edited:

Johnny West

Very nice Saliha! I wish I had some ligonberries to go with mine. I'll settle for cranberries. I'll take a plate picture this evening. :readytoeat:

Johnny West

I was thinking swiss steak but have a nice chuck roast that I'll braise. I ordered Rhulman's cookbook on braising and hopefully it will come today, if not will google a recipe. I've got a tonne of root veg from the summer's CSA and will add them, as well. I want to keep it simple but it never seems to work out that way.

Johnny West

Scratch that... tonight is chalupas with pre-baked chicken.
Here is a file foto from last year.

Chalupa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
No cooking tonight for me.
Went to the local Methodist church Christmas dinner and bazaar.
The ham was superb, the noodles homemade.. excellent food.

I left with a tray of homemade Buckeyes.
Mmmmm!

Johnny West

Chowderman, your potatoes look like a soufflé and wonderful.

Sass, I'd love to find a church supper here. What does a homemade buckeye look like, chestnut or a cookie?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
deli meats & cheeses & Thanksgiving food. may or mot have posted my 1.

Attachments

• me2015thanksgiviins.jpg
    me2015thanksgiviins.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

Johnny West

I could eat six buckeyes; peanutbutter filled?

Tonight is leftovers but not sure which way I want to go.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
buckeyes are real simple to make - a stand mixer is a big help.

on the dipping, traditionally done with a toothpick which leaves a hole which tidy cooks futz with . . . or . . . I use a piece of wire with a partially open loop at the bottom, handle bent up - set the pb ball in the loop, dip, set down, slip the loop off sideways . . . .

Embryodad

Mommy "Tina" threw a pot of halupki, ( stuffed cabbages )on the stovetop with a can of crushed tomatoes.
When she makes em, she freezes some on a sheet pan, then puts them in baggies in portions for us.
The kids won't eat them; although my daughter is just now trying cabbage.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I had an Amy's noodle bowl, the sweet and sour Asian.
I stock up on all of the products when I want a break from meat and go back to my vegetarian roots (and don't feel like cooking!) lol

Johnny West

I'm going to Bob's Burgers and Brew with my bud, Andrew. Normally I have fish and chips but may have a blue cheese bacon burger tonight.

Embryodad

Tina picked me up a couple chili cheese dogs from "Bills Bar & Burger" in NYC.
Oh Boy! .... I ate 1/2 of one, and saved the other for tomorrow.
It was pretty good.
Tina had a few bites of one of their cheese burgers. She will nibble on the rest tomorrow.

Johnny West

I'll have to google Bill's B&B. I've had a burger in the "basement" of the Empire State Building a few years ago and it was good. They even gave out free powdered donuts.

Tonight is chalupas again since I have a lot of fixings leftover.