Thanksgiving 2015

Moxie

What are you all cooking for Thanksgiving?

I skinned & boned a turkey breast to cook sous vide. Roasted the bones & bits to make a nice brown stock for gravy. A bit of stuffing - brandied cranberries - mashed rutagabas. And a new recipe I found in an old Bon Apetit for Bruleed Bourbon Maple Pumpkin Pie.

That's it. We've been losing weight the last 2 months, and I don't plan to put it all back on over the holidays!

Johnny West

That sounds wonderful! My son is fixing a turkey and a prime rib plus some other standard trimmings.

I found a bourbon pecan pie recipe I'll try when I get home. The first one will be a test pie and then will make two to take to my #1 son's for Christmas dinner.

I have an Australian sweet potato squash that I'll use for pie, too.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Moxie!

When/if you have a chance, would you please start threads of their own for your turkey breast sous vide and your Bruleed Bourbon Maple Pumpkin Pie?

And photos, if possible!

They both intrigue me!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lee

Moxie

The pie wasn't as spectacular as I had hoped. Good - but not worth the effort. The brulee just didn't seem to add anything. Sorry, no pics, but here's a link to the Bon Appetit recipe. I'm going back to my old standbys - Bourbon Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Streusel Topping or Pumpkin Chiffon Pie.

Johnny West

Yikes! My daugher in law threw out the giblets before I could stop her. I declined to fish them out of the bin. :sad:

Your pie sounds delicious Moxie.

Johnny West

Enjoy your dinner!

We finished off the leftovers last night and have the carcass simmering on the hob. Matt will have to make soup of it later.

I didn't get enough dressing this year and will make another batch when I get home.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Enjoy your dinner!

We finished off the leftovers last night and have the carcass simmering on the hob. Matt will have to make soup of it later.

I didn't get enough dressing this year and will make another batch when I get home.

I did! :D

All the food was just fabulous. I brought home some of Ali's wonderful dressing and some turkey for sandwiches ( bird, lettuce and mayo on white).

My granddaughter Maddy has gone to people food now that she's got toofies.
I fed her noodles, dressing and mashed potato all drizzled in gravy.
She loved it, and really loves pumpkin pie.

I put her on my hip and danced around the living room singing Yes Sir, That's My Baby.
:heart:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
usuals, & my Mom & vinny made me make macaroni/cheese & my Mom made her potato salad that we luv. we fergot half of that food until dinner was well over, way later on. hence a plethora of pie being given to me; & appys. & desserts. & beyond that, seeing as to how i was sent on my Merrry way w/ enough food to feed an army.