What's Cooking NCT Sun 9/13 to Sat 9/19/2015?

Embryodad

I imagine if I ate like Gabe I'd be back to army weight in no time, but alas I didn't tonight. We chose wisely as tonight was the last night of the season for the restaurant. I was chastised for ordering fried clams so changed it to onion rings and a sausage, pepperoni, and Genoa salami pizza with extra cheese. It was one of the best pizza's I ever had. After dinner we stopped at Back door Donuts and i got an apple fritter. They were freaking huge.

IMG_6773.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Looks awesome... The edge crust is perfect looking. Not burnt either.

Johnny West

For the lunch I had "Jansson´s temptation":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janssons_frestelse

And Siskonmakkarakeitto:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siskonmakkara

No pics sorry - I was hungry. :D

Jansson's temptation would be similar to a frittata, I imagine, and the sausage is similar to the Czech jaternice. The CZ sausage has more offal in it, though. I know I'd enjoy it all.

I'm not sure what's on tonight's menu but know we are cooking in. I may just grill burgers and do baked potatoes. I know we are going to Art Cliff for breakfast as soon as all the late nappers are up.

Johnny West

They are the people taking naps... I may have made up a word there and will google it.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nappers

We got very early to see Matt off and everyone is still a bit tired, they stayed up late last night, too.

Tonight I'm grilling sirloin burgers and kobe beef hotdogs; mac and cheese and french fries are on the side. The grocery store was out of charcoal but found a bag of match light at the liquor/geedunk store. $12!!!!

Johnny West

Tonight's burgers and dogs.

IMG_6825.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The plate of meat... sirloin burger and kobe hotdogs.

IMG_6830.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My plate... I forgot the cheese, again.

IMG_6836.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Saliha, I would definitely want to try both of the two most recent dishes you posted! Very different to me!

Johnny, Kobe hot dogs??? Where the heck did you get them? How much were they? Were they worth it?

Oh, and could you have possibly gotten any more carbs on that plate? :yum:

Did you go to Art Cliff for breakfast? What did you order?

Lee

Art Cliff diner

43 Art Cliffs.JPG

Blueberry scone

44 Art Cliffs blueberry scone.JPG

Diner interior

45 Art Cliffs diner.JPG

Johnny West

Yes, I did. I had the smoked salmon bennie special with added bacon as well as two scones and was stuffed. I posted it up at the breakfast thread. My DIL is a waitron there. My son cooked there most of the summer.

Johnny West

I got the burgers and dogs at Edgartown Meat and Fish Market. Our house is just a few blocks away. The kobe dogs were huge and a bit too salty for me. They were expensive too... as are most things here.

I know, I'll be cutting out most of those carbs when I get home.

http://edgartownmeatandfish.com

Embryodad

:hotdog:

BBQ Hot Dogs.... From a recipe Tina got from one of the women from the Navy Wives Club when I was on Duty in Puerto Rico in the early sixties.:WitchBrewsSmiley:

Hot Dogs are cut in half lengthwise with this recipe.

The fries and onion rings are from Burger King....

Mini Cheese Cake squares for dessert.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have stuck w/ simplistic as of late, & that has begun to bore me.
i bought 4 kinds of meat & seafood that i hafta use soon, so 1 of those. i froze them last night, so i'll pick 1 to thaw.
i have a few bottles of seasonal cider (pear & apple, both). think i'll put 1 of them on, to warm. makes me kinda drowsy, somehow. i could use a nap.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Jimmy, do you eat the scallions like you would a stalk of celery?

Lee

Embryodad

Jimmy, do you eat the scallions like you would a stalk of celery?

Lee
hahahahahahahahaha..... Yes! ... I start at the bulb, and nip nip nip like a bunny rabbit, till all the greens are gone!

There are instances where I will cut them in half, lay them on a slice of white bread; then salt, fold and eat. (*burp*)

Johnny West

hahahahahahahahaha..... Yes! ... I start at the bulb, and nip nip nip like a bunny rabbit, till all the greens are gone!

There are instances where I will cut them in half, lay them on a slice of white bread; then salt, fold and eat. (*burp*)

Yup, I grew up eating green onions and radishes with tons salt butonly eat to the tender green part. Out here they chop up scallions for the cream cheese. I think when I get home I'll use my chives which are going gangbusters.

Tonight it's leftover pizza and a burger, maybe.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I tried something new with cauliflower last night. I took some large chunks of cauliflower and lightly steamed them, lightly coated them with dijon mustard, topped with crushed ranch flavored croutons, and stuck it in the oven for a bit. It sounds gross, but it was pretty good...little tangy, which I like.

Not sure what's up for tonight.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was baked tilapia in butter dill sauce, and radish/cucumber salad.

Tonight will be something from the festival downtown.

Embryodad

Stew it'l be ....be jeepers!
It be cooking slow for hours so it will easy to chew the chuck meat.

I cut, washed, and prepped all the beef and veggies, and Mommy "T" spiced it and put it together.

Johnny West

Chuck done slow is wonderful and one of my favorites. Imma fan.

My aunt had a great recipe for oven stew and will ask her for it. She's a retired home ec teacher.

Embryodad

Chuck done slow is wonderful and one of my favorites. Imma fan.

My aunt had a great recipe for oven stew and will ask her for it. She's a retired home ec teacher.
Home Ec?......

That was my wives favorite class.

It is not even taught here any more. I guess all one has to know, is pierce the cellophane, and cook on high power for 4 minutes....

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my last actual lunch was a few days ago, via a food-truck that went to pavement while they repair his vehicle.
we got tacos made fresh & on premise. i got a beef-tongue one. & got into NYT somehow, via my ink & religion, too. great times. fer real. i mean that one 4 once.

dinner was pasta & later, cheeses & deli meats. humid weather drains my appetite.

Attachments

• lunchthentatts.jpg
    lunchthentatts.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 184

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
made (smushed) potato w/ gorgonzola, Havarti cheese, & butter, & garlic & fresh-cracked black pepper. a few marcona almonds & a few spoonsful of squash soup while waiting on my potato.
i'm full. & sleepy. 'nite, guys.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was pulled pork with sauce and pickle on a bun at the festival- and a generous side of sweet potato fries with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Messy and delicious. :biggrin: