What's Cooking NCT Sun. 9/6/2015 to Sat. 9/12/2015?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Tonight I have corn and bacon buttermilk waffles planned.

I will be making my mac salad for tomorrow also.

Johnny West

I'm helping grill burgers and hotdogs for my church Fall BBQ today.
I made the bean dish to take as mentioned in another thread.

Tomorrow I'll grill a chicken and make a special tomatoe, cucumber, and cheese salad, a small one to assure no leftovers.

Embryodad

Tonight I have corn and bacon buttermilk waffles planned.

I will be making my mac salad for tomorrow also.
Peeps... now you got me thinking. I'm making potato salad for the somewhat celebration, but I am thinking macaroni salad. Tina likes both, but I guess she wins with her loving potato salad. My foodie thinking, is that mac salad goes with hot dogs and burgers, and potato salad goes with HAM.... Or pork steaks.

The pancakes just answered my what to make for supper for the 91 y/o uncle of tina's.

Johnny West

I'd love macaroni salad, something cool.

I did all the grilling at church today, the chef came sick (and late) and since it was my grill, I took it upon myself to get it done. With that said I sure don't feel like cooking tonight and will just have a ham sandwich and a beer before I hit the hot tub.

I was going to grill a chicken tomorrow and don't feel like that now, either.

Embryodad

I'd love macaroni salad, something cool.

I did all the grilling at church today, the chef came sick (and late) and since it was my grill, I took it upon myself to get it done. With that said I sure don't feel like cooking tonight and will just have a ham sandwich and a beer before I hit the hot tub.

I was going to grill a chicken tomorrow and don't feel like that now, either.
OMG .... That grilling for a lot of people brings back my vow of never being a grill master again.
When I was in the navy, and one shore duty in GTMO ....They had planned a huge BBQ, and I don't know how I got Volunteered to be a grill master to cook burgers and dogs for like 200. I know for a fact I was half Chit faced after drinking like 9 beers on an empty stomach,..... Well any way, this darn grill was like 6 feet long, and I started throwing the burgers on, and... by the time I had 1/2 the grill filled with burgers, they started to flare up. I was like a xylophone player flipping flames, and short sleeve shirt.
All the hair singed off my arms up to my elbows. I burned my knuckles on my right hand from bumping the grates. I looked like a musical pyromaniac cooking on that grill.
After that, I didn't care if I ever saw a hamburger for the rest of my life.

Every time I cook burgers on the grill, I think of GTMO. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

lilylove

Oven roasted tomato sauce cooked yesterday.... Tacos for dinner last night and
Lamb meat pies for tomorrow... who knows what the rest of the week will bring. :)

Johnny West

Lamb meat pies sound wonderful. I love lamb and goat.

Tonight I'll grill some chuck steak with mesquite charcoal
and have a tin potato or oven fires. I think I'll make a rhubarb
crisp before it all goes bad.

lilylove

The lamb pies were wonderful Johnny. Easy and quick and yummy! I use store bought dough since I'm lazy!! :)

Johnny West

Although I can make a pie crust from scratch I find Pillsbury the way to go. I do roll it out a bit. I never did make a rhubarb crisp today.

Embryodad

Had a bowl of that Kim chee and oriental noodles. The hot spicy one, that you cook in 3 minutes in the microwave. A 1/2 sandwich with Oscar Mayer bologna and hot mustard.
Just one of those slap on the bologna and fold the bread slice in half. Nothing fancy.
Found a chocolate cookie in the drawer, and had that with a cup of coffee.

Johnny West

Last night was chuck eye, tin potato, and green beans.

IMG_6567.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_6568.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Last night was BBQ - hot dogs on whole wheat buns, burgers on Kaiser rolls, B & M baked beans and fresh string bean salad (dressed with lemon and garlic vinaigrette).

Saliha

I had stuffed zucchinis today. As I stuffed a lot of them, seems that I will have them also tomorrow and day after tomorrow... And more zucchinis are still waiting me in the garden.

Johnny West

I had some errands to run and ended up at REI by my favorite Italian so had dinner there.

ROASTED GARLIC ESCARGOT
Cremini mushroom caps are filled with roasted garlic, pesto, tender escargot and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Fire-roasted and topped with lemon cream and fresh chives.

These were excellent...

IMG_6575.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

SMOKED BALSAMIC ST. LOUIS PORK RIBS *
Mediterranean spice rubbed Niman Ranch pork ribs are smoked until tender, basted with Chef Bill’s famous balsamic BBQ sauce and served with Italian pasta-potato salad and Moroccan coleslaw.

The ribs were not falling off the bone but still very good. I loved the pasta salad.

IMG_6587.jpg
[/URL][/IMG

Dessert was ok and an afterthought; chocolate rum cake.

IMG_6595.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Embryodad

Last night was brats, and baked beans. Still trying to digest them today!

I have cod to cook today. I am the only one that will eat that.

Tina is AWOL for a few day's.... but I still need to cook for the Uncle.
He is a fussa$$ too.

Johnny West

Tonight's dinner was halibut and chips at Anthony's SeaTac and quite good. I can't say I'm a big fan of the coleslaw infused with sesame oil flsh places here in the NW seem obliged to serve.

IMG_6609.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Johnny West

We had a late lunch at the Lookout Tavern in Oak Bluff and I had a bowl of clam chowder and a clam roll. I am so stuffed I dunno if I can handle a big dinner but will go to Smoke and Bones tonight as it will be the only chance for Matt to eat there before he has to head back to Utah.

The flight was basically uneventful except for my hip hurting the whole way and the young college lass sitting next to me throwing up for about an hour. I was a comfort but she was having none of it.

IMG_6618.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Embryodad

We had a late lunch at the Lookout Tavern in Oak Bluff and I had a bowl of clam chowder and a clam roll. I am so stuffed I dunno if I can handle a big dinner but will go to Smoke and Bones tonight as it will be the only chance for Matt to eat there before he has to head back to Utah.

The flight was basically uneventful except for my hip hurting the whole way and the young college lass sitting next to me throwing up for about an hour. I was a comfort but she was having none of it.

IMG_6618.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Sure looks good!......

Never had one, but it is on the back burner to make some. Living in NJ, you would think we had access to great seafood here. NOT!..... Not here on the complete opposite end of the state. The kids go to the shore, and bring me back seafood, but it already tastes like the cardboard container they put it in. If it's breaded....its mush bt the time I get to eat it.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Man, Johnny, your flight sounds horrible! Six hours? Sheesh!

However, your clam roll looks wonderful! Hope you weren't too full to enjoy those beef bones!

Lee

Johnny West

There was basically about 9 hours of waiting - Cape Air was full on all flights and couldn't get an earlier departure. It will be the last time I fly a red eye without going first class or Emirates.

The house is nice but they need to supply more towels and may have to go buy some for the kids.

Johnny West

I could only eat two - never touched the corn or cornbread and forgot to mention there were smoked wings for an appy.

After dinner we came home and watched Johnny Knoxville's Bad Grandpa. I can't remember laughing so hard.

IMG_6622.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Saliha

Today:

6jq5Hd2.jpg

Tuna with Italian sauce, zucchinis, blue cheese, parmesan cheese and basil. Flavored with salt and garlic.

Saliha

Stuffed zucchinis again:

ocb7wiP.jpg

At this time filled with tuna, blue cheese, basil, garlic, tomato, mushroom sauce and parmesan. Plus potato from the lunch, flavored with seasalt and olive oil.

Embryodad

Saliha...the meals look great.
Here we are all zucchini'd out! ...The neighbors ask if we want zucchini, and I say,"no thank you, I am allergic to it!"

Saliha

Saliha...the meals look great.
Here we are all zucchini'd out! ...The neighbors ask if we want zucchini, and I say,"no thank you, I am allergic to it!"

I afraid that I too am allergic to them soon... :doh: I have got overdose. But this one was tasty - with the strong taste of blue cheese.

Embryodad

I afraid that I too am allergic to them soon... :doh: I have got overdose. But this one was tasty - with the strong taste of blue cheese.
I was so happy to just have a Egg, bacon and cheese on rye bread for lunch; instead of something from a garden. I enjoyed every bite with a sip of coffee in between bites.

All the way down to the last drop, and to the last bite!....